Black Relationships : Why Won't He??

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by MORE, Aug 25, 2003.

1. MORE

MORE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    What yall think....i had been dating this guy, and now we are on ice. i had taken a cd, which was a collectors item that i had just purchased to his home to listen to.
    i told him if he liked it, which i knew he would, that i would burn a copy for him. well, since our departure, i have been asking for it back, he said he mailed it, but it never came.

then i asked him again, because i knew he had not mailed it. i asked him to bring it to my house or leave it with a mutual friend of ours...anyway, when i spoke with him Thursday, he said Once again, he mailed it, i haven't received it yet, which leads me to think once again, he did not mail it.

why is he holding on to my property when it is so simple, just to give it back?:maddd: :maddd: :maddd: is he using this as a tool, to keep me calling or what?

2. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi more

why is he holding on to my property when it is so simple, just to give it back?

i hvn't found anything n relationships 2 b simple, thou they can sometimes look that way. there is so little info here, i find it difficult 2 hazzard a guess y u r still sans ur cd.

i strongly suspect the answer is n here: 'i had been dating this guy, and now we are on ice' somewhere. although u didn't say how long u were dating, or y u all broke up, or, whether it was mutually amicable (rare), or there were some hurt feelings (more common), dating usu generates at least some heat, now u say 'we r on ice'. :eek: not tryin 2 get 'all up n urs', but there's more info about the cd than the relationship n this post.

yes, he cld b tryin 2 keep u callin, or mayb payback, or perhaps basic indifference 2ward u, the possibilities r endless.

u said it s a collector's item, but u didn't say it was irreplaceable. is it possible 4 u 2 purchase another copy? good luck getting it back/obtaining another one.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    hi... what i see here is once you two parted
    and the cd is a collector's item ...
    didn't he like it and wish to have one ?
    this could be one reason why
    and yes he may be holding it to hold on to you as well
    keep you calling
    which only will lead to bitterness down the line
    if he said he mailed it , and you never recieved it
    it's clear that he's lying and for whatever reason you
    two parted if it was a heated depart this also can be why
    out of payback .
    good luck on getting this collectible cd back .....

4. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    GEEEEEESSSSSSSSH this is too simple to even debate! BOTTOM LINE
    How much was the CD 20 bucks? 50 bucks? Because thats a small price to pay to get rid of someone you don't wanna be bothered with!

LOOK it you wanna have a reason to stay in touch with him, with the hope that stiring the ashes will start the fire burning again FINE!

Otherwise why worry about "why he's doing what he's doing?" It don't matter cause you ain't interested! Just go buy yourself a new CD and charge the cost to life expeirences.

Now if you wanna get things back to the way they was? BE A WOMAN about your STUFF! Just tell him SO! If he says "NOT interested"
    KEEP IT MOVING!!!!!! Life is too short and you are spending too much time worrying about a CD and a man that you are not interested in anymore or one thats no longer interested in you! , If he wants to keep your CD as a revenge , they sell more where that one came from! (You can find and buy any CD online I know of several outlets Amazon.com ect. ect. ect....)

Let the CHUMP have IT! Ca'mon if you really put the value of a collectors item on the open market and compare to this anguish that you are putting yourself through! What you paid is ONLY "CHUMP CHANGE"!

Don't let him CHUMP YOU!

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    well put uptowne ...........

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Ahhh, the old it is in the mail line. I´ve heard that one before. When I was 19, I got engaged to a woman I believed was the love of my life (we had been dating since we were 17---puppy love). We broke up a year later, and I moved out of state. Since my girlfriend broke up me, she told me that she would send me the ring in the mail. 1 week passed....nothing. 2 weeks passed....nada. 3 weeks went by....zilch! The next time I spoke to her, I asked her are you sure you mailed it? Did you use the right address? She told me yes to all my questions, verified my address, and assured me that it was in the mail. Well to make a long story short, 10 years later I still haven´t received that ring in the mail:x: I´m not pressed about it because (A) the ring was cheap. (B) I got a better woman. (C) who has a better ring......LOL!

I have other stories of ex-girlfriends who keep the CDs and Tapes that I lent (not gave) to them after we broke up. My advice to you sister MORE is to cut your losses, and buy another CD. People can get real nasty when the relationship is over.

7. JAS

JAS Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's a way of holding onto someone that was once special. Either that or it's just to hurt you. No matter what, holding onto stuff that isn't yours is just foul. And people tend to do that more when they know that the item they are holding onto is important to you.

Good luck in retrieving your items.

8. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    hhhheeeee waaaaannntss yooouu back....I have never dealt with this...hope i never do/....... but all in all I wish more luck to you

9. digi.ra

digi.ra New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    it could be that it just hasnt made it

i went to the post office saturday and there just happened to be something there for me that i was waiting for (from an ebay auction) since may...and it was there all the time

BUT...even if he didn't...i agree with the rest...cut your losses

or just roll up in his house with the homies and git it! :D (joke)

10. MORE

MORE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i have read all your comments how interesting thanks! i was really puzzled over this issue, well to let you know what happened,,,,finally, i called him and said im tryna be a grown up about this, just gimme my stuff and i'll be gone....he was playin all hard and was like" well u come up to my house and get it!" i said no, u promised me twice u mailed it, and lied. so u bring it to me." after reaizing that i was playin into his childish game, i said "look, one of us has to be the adutl, so i will be. fine i wil come up and get my cd." suddenly he became very quiet, then said, Okay, and hung up the phone.
    once i arrived, he came to the door, and was a totally diferent man, no fussin no angry smart comments. he handed me the cd and had invited me inside his home. i knooww i shudda said no, but i was to curious. so once inside, he asked if i was hungry, made us dinner and we both watched the tube. nothing of the cd was ever brought up that night, and he suddenly was being nice. well, i figured he wanted some , so that is exactly what i DID NOT DO i left that night with my cd and my panties on!

it was all just too much tho. whew! so maybe he did use the cd, to hold on. hmmmmm:cool: