Black People : Why White People Are Afraid

Nobody can really stop illegal immigration

mrron said:
The article was a nice read. But the premise that white's are somehow afraid of being run out of power, doesn't really set with me. Immigration, both legal and illegal, is controlled by those in power. They can stop it any time they wish, even force some people to leave the country for being here illegally, and for not being citizens, as well. So if whites were hell bent on staying the majority in population, they would just institute measures to insure that they remain in that status.

Power is something others give you, not something you can take. The coyotes, triads, yakuza, and Russian mafia sneaking people into the country haven't seen fit to stop at the government's request or give them any power to do so. These groups have been empowered by those they represent to sneak human cargo in with great efficiency. And, obviously, the guys who see themselves as being in power are not able to stop them.

The government isn't some faceless all powerful monolith - it is made of puny little people. Even the ones with fancy titles and lots of money are just puny people like us. Those people are completely outnumbered and are being outsmarted by well organized folks from outside and inside this country. Unless Mexicans en masse decide there isn't a value proposition to sneaking in there isn't much Bush or anyone else can do but wag their fists and make angry monkey noises about how much they are gonna do to stop illegal immigration. Are they gonna build a dome around the country? Setup security cameras on every corner? Randomly demand everyone show them ID? Even that couldn't stop it. Borders only exist on paper and fake IDs can be made by anyone with a copy of Photoshop and a color laser printer. Domes can be pierced with thermite, C4, chainsaws, acid, and lots of other things. There is no such thing as a "totally secure border" or "total security." Those are myths they tell themselves to sleep better at night while the next shipment of illegal farm workers come in on the 2 AM express.

If they want to keep people out for real they will need to, uh, kill all our neighbors and make this a scary place to come for a visit. I don't think that would be good for the economy so it probably won't happen.

11FingerFreak said:
Untrue. This system you refer to was built out of fear. Like everyone else in the world they fear being persecuted, subjugated, oppressed, etc. Following a policy of "the best defense is a good offense" they did it to everyone else preemptively. Obviously it has worked to insulate whites from these things but they still harbor a nagging fear that at any moment the barbarian hordes will invade their new Rome and sack the capital. Just listen to how conservatives talk about immigrants, the Middle East, and the entire Asian continent. Having power means always being afraid of losing it to someone more ruthless than yourself.

Furthermore, you can't really control something without respecting it. That means if what you're controlling is inherently dangerous (like constructing nuclear bombs, subduing native populations, training with a firearm, constructing a skyscraper) you have to develop a healthy fear of it. Or you die because of an arrogant assumption that "oh I have this totally under control." How many people, do you suppose, blow off a hand or finger because they forget that a gun is not a toy and don't take all the appropriate safety precautions? To their credit, caucasians have NEVER forgotten to fear those they rule.

Also consider that most of our politics run on fear. Everyone is scared of something. Scared of losing their jobs because of outsourcing, scared of Muslims, scared of mythical terrorists hiding under their beds, scared of the Black guy in the mail room (he looks like one of those "angry" ones, right?), scared that they might secretly want to sleep with that same Black guy in the mail room (yes they are really that weird), scared their homes with lose value as the housing bubble bursts, scared they don't have the money to retire. Without all that fear they'd get nothing done. No antidrug laws would be passed unless someone was really scared of drug users. Without getting people afraid of being killed by drunk drivers we wouldn't have cops trolling for them every night and without the fear of getting caught we would all cruise around fearlessly drinking PBR at 80 MPH.

Fear is an excellent motivator and racism is a overt response to it. Racism and the sociopolitical structures that support it are the result of a basic fear we humans call xenophobia - the fear of anything alien from us and our little group whatever it is. Xenophobia is inherent in every living thing with sense enough to know others might kill it and eat it. Without xenophobia our distant ancestors would have gone around petting saber toothed tigers only to find themselves a menu item. Unfortunately, that particular fear can just as easily be turned against groups of humans as it can against other animals. And that's what we have here - xenophobes who wield racism against others to ward off their deep set fear of anything different from them.

Too bad it doesn't actually make them any less afraid, huh?
Were you around when the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) was established?

it's rather obvious and follows from the historical/archeological/evolutionary record (but one has to "step outside the box" to see the obviousities):

1) they know that humans are getting smarter in spite of their efforts to mis/dis/uneducate.

2) they know that they were short changed by evolvling without the overwhelming biodiversity that taught all the rest of us that we, too, Are Life.

3) they know that the system of "scarcity of resources", upon which that fiction "money" is based is a sham.

4) they know that the Natural Spirituality that pervades All Life will trump the fiction "religion".

5) they know that their children are getting to the point where they are heading off into the "other camp" and can't be "controlled" anymore.

6) they know that "control" is a fiction until one is able to "create", "control" and find somewhere to put, a self-replicating ball of incandescent gas with it's attendant bodies, some of which can create Life.

7) they know that these awarenesses are growing and that it is only a matter of time before their excesses are called.

8) they know that Life/Existence is getting tired of their bs and ain't agonna take it much more.

on the other hand, they also know that their lies have taken such root that folks are still lost in this "belief" of "white supremacy", "economic power", "religous fervor", "external authoritarianism", etc., and will be continue to be stuck in, as well as perpetuating, all of the big lies that have come to define "life as we know it".

Edward Williams said:
That depends on what the meaning of the word "defeated" is and what the meaning of the word "CAPITALIST" is.

Some say Nikita Kruschev and Mao Zedong were so-called "communists" but they couldn't get their heads together. They couldn't come together, not because of so-called "communism", whatever that means, but because of COLORISM, meaning racism (white supremacy). Any so called "CAPITALIST" system that may exist only exists within the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy). The white people who practice racism (white supremacy), meaning mistreat people on the basis of color, call themselves "CAPITALISTS" and/or call themselves "COMMUNISTS" and in the process of carrying out their "CAPITALIST" and/or "COMMUNIST" objectives you'd better belive they mistreat people on the basis of color.

Can your question be better restated as:

Can the global SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) be replaced with a global SYSTEM of justice?

Brother, in all respect, please dont change my question for me. I am clear on what I am asking.

Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Sekou Toure and Frantz Fanon, as well as Patrice Lumumba, spoke not only of racism but DEFEATING the economic system of CAPITALISM in it's imperialist phase.

In AFRICA, the issue is more of defeating CAPITALISM, not "white supremacy", at least as far as most AFRICAN leaders are concerned.

The issue in Africa, where colonialism no longer exists, are the vestigaes of capitalist CLASS oppression and a deepening division along economic lines.

A lot of Black people focus on combating racism but failing to see the correlation between racist oppression and capitalist class exploitation. Therefore, what exists are a proliferation of capitalist CLIENT STATES heavily invested in American imperialism, such as the counter-revolutionaries entrenched in Ethiopia, which now are being manipulated as the puppets for US military destabilization and invasion into sovereign countires such as Somalia.

Edward Williams said:
Were you around when the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) was established?

Is that a trick question? Since the White Power Structure started here when the Pilgrims arrived and started really before that with Romans deciding anyone who wasn't a Roman citizen was either a "pagan" or a "barbarian" I'd have to be Methuselah to have been here for any of that. So, uh, no I wasn't.

Luckily I've had a talkative family that has shared their many experiences with me in the oral tradition we all experience, I've had friends from broad and diverse backgrounds (including whites from all over the world), and I've read a lot of anthropology, sociology, history, modern and postmodern philosophy books. Occasionally I read random Wikipedia pages for fun and watch PBS and the Science Channel when I bother to watch TV. Yes I know I'm weird. But how else can you know about the world except through exploration, interaction and research?

How about you? Were you around when they started this craziness that makes life such a challenge for us?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back