Black People Politics : WHY WE SHOULD ALWAYS VOTE

None of us are traitors because you choose not to vote and believing it's important to vote out of respect for our ancestors who some died for the right to vote is not lame, in my humble opinion. Some of us are offended by those notions. It's like you know nothing about the civil rights movement. Your opinion is dead wrong

Okay, all of us know the American and now Global "systems" are rigged against us--Black people. Proof of that has been stated a gazillion times here at Destee in hundreds of threads. Many of you understand this better than a lot of us but it doesn't take a so-called intellectual genius to figure out that Black people have a long history of struggle in this country. But,.....

The dilemma as I see it is that some of us, knowing that, still choose to get involved in different processes believing that by doing so will eventually change the system to be more equitable and less race-based. Some of you ask, "How's that working for you?" Well, probably not as good as we'd like, true. But, why are some of us still willing to put a horse in the race, to run as hard and fast as it can, expecting different results, even though we never seem to win the race? Voting is the simplest form of action. It requires very little effort. Had Kind, Evers and others listened to this philosophy, we would still be in the worst clutches of 'Jim Crow'

Looking at our history in America, our advances seem to move at a snails pace but some of us will call that progress while others may not see it that way. Others of us, having reached our limit of frustration, call for a different plan of action; a different collective body of Black people, with different thoughts about what the bold and more invasive actions we should take to help ourselves. Black people now generate over one trillion dollars a year. When Destee 1st started it was $400 billion. That isn't a snails pace.

To vote, or not to vote is the question that some might think divides us in this conversation. For me, the different opinions expressed here is a beautiful and necessary thing. I have learned a lot from all of you. I believe that, in the end, no matter who votes or not, we help each other regardless by the different actions we take. It doesn't have to be one way or another, does it? Diversity among us shows how versatile and full of resolve we are as a people. Let's each do what we believe are the best things to do and maybe somewhere down the line, we will meet each other in the middle and we, all, get what we want in the end. People sat down for the right to vote. Not voting is being a traitor to our people, period!

None of us are traitors because you choose not to vote and believing it's important to vote out of respect for our ancestors who some died for the right to vote is not lame, in my humble opinion. Some of us are offended by those notions. It's like you know nothing about the civil rights movement. Your opinion is dead wrong

Okay, all of us know the American and now Global "systems" are rigged against us--Black people. Proof of that has been stated a gazillion times here at Destee in hundreds of threads. Many of you understand this better than a lot of us but it doesn't take a so-called intellectual genius to figure out that Black people have a long history of struggle in this country. But,.....

The dilemma as I see it is that some of us, knowing that, still choose to get involved in different processes believing that by doing so will eventually change the system to be more equitable and less race-based. Some of you ask, "How's that working for you?" Well, probably not as good as we'd like, true. But, why are some of us still willing to put a horse in the race, to run as hard and fast as it can, expecting different results, even though we never seem to win the race? Voting is the simplest form of action. It requires very little effort. Had Kind, Evers and others listened to this philosophy, we would still be in the worst clutches of 'Jim Crow'

Looking at our history in America, our advances seem to move at a snails pace but some of us will call that progress while others may not see it that way. Others of us, having reached our limit of frustration, call for a different plan of action; a different collective body of Black people, with different thoughts about what the bold and more invasive actions we should take to help ourselves. Black people now generate over one trillion dollars a year. When Destee 1st started it was $400 billion. That isn't a snails pace.

To vote, or not to vote is the question that some might think divides us in this conversation. For me, the different opinions expressed here is a beautiful and necessary thing. I have learned a lot from all of you. I believe that, in the end, no matter who votes or not, we help each other regardless by the different actions we take. It doesn't have to be one way or another, does it? Diversity among us shows how versatile and full of resolve we are as a people. Let's each do what we believe are the best things to do and maybe somewhere down the line, we will meet each other in the middle and we, all, get what we want in the end. People sat down for the right to vote. Not voting is being a traitor to our people, period!

Keme, you are tunnel-visioned and an angry person. You seldom see things through other people's lenses, almost never try, and you simply dismiss the opinions of others, reduce the conversations to personal insults and shut your brain down because someone disagrees with you. You are what is called a "know it all". Do you think you're the only person here who lived through the Civil Rights Movement? Do you think you're the only person that has participated in protest movements and fought against discrimination? You really should pause and step away from the keyboard sometimes to try to understand what other people are expressing, instead of pressing the "Bold" key and stating things that often mean nothing in terms of a valid counter opinion. There's so much of what you've stated here that is highly emotional and just plain irrelevant that I don't have the time to address this any other way. I hope you calm down though.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back