Black People Politics : Why we should abandon the Democratic Party

Though it's no real problem, an African-based political discussion can sometimes lack European input which can contort the image of European accordance in politics.

In other words, some European people don't see any political advantage toward voting--in the sense that they view it as crooked politicians who aren't voting in their interests.

It seems a bit confusing when you grant Europeans a similar intelligence to our own, but in reality European people are kind of, for the most part, ill-informed.

I used to discuss politics with Europeans, so I can tell what their political acumen is like. The closest example in this thread would be istlota--with his 'issue-based' tirade [Something that European people have that African people don't]. But essentially, Europeans as individualists attach to 'identities' and thus play "identity politics."

For this, European women would vote for the party supporting women's rights, European "Pro-lifers" would vote against that party, and European homosexuals would vote for the party supporting gay rights, while European 'anti-homosexuals' would vote against that party. Therefore the Democrats and Republicans continue to push up these 'issues' hence the idea of 'issue-based' voting.

Aluku possibly sees in this European pattern something useful for African people, but he fails to see that African people do not have issues on the table. He thinks that "Public Education" is an issue, but his paradigm remains in the European camp: Better Schools for European people.

Either way, it's not true that European people love the political system. Many believe that it can be improved, some believe that it should be done away with, some . . ..

Sometimes it's not comfort but resignation. Plus there's the whole--"What's one vote going to do in an election settled by millions?"

Edit: To wit, "The Lesser of Two Evils" philosophy for voting for Democrats or Republicans, may well be a European idea. Whether it is or not, the idea is certainly used by many, many Europeans.

I absolutely agree with what you have explained here and the issue that caught my attention the most is when you explained that 'we' don't have any real issues put on the table. We don't. furthermore, i feel that we keep getting railroaded into supporting other issues over issues that we need to be addressed.

Winning the election is meaningless if the candidate you voted for is going to ignore your concerns. Obama winning the 2008 election was a perfect example of this. Africans might as well have stayed home and not voted. No, that is not true. Africans would actually have won more, politically, in 2008 if they had stayed home and not voted for the reason I stated in my first post here.

I could not care less whether whites are more or less politically ignorant than blacks. I do care that blacks have far more compelling reasons to educate themselves, politically, yet they, collectively, refuse to do it. That is just stupid --- real stupid.

To make the claims you are making requires complete and utter self-delusion. No cultural group in America is so poorly represented by the politicians they, nevertheless, vote for again and again and again. Just look at the Trayvon Martin travesty, as one example of this. Obama made one public statement --- one that was obviously painfully clear that he was reluctant to make. It was immediately after that when Whites responded by ramping up their public campaign to mercilessly trash the reputation of Trayvon. How did Obama respond to that? Well, he repaid his 95% supportive politically 'savvy' and 'racially organized' base by ... nothing. Not a mumbling word.

And, so what has his 'savvy' 'racially organized' base done to spur him into fighting for our interests and concerns? Nothing.

That ain't politically savvy. That is stupid. This is a presidential election year, **** it. Obama wants to get re-elected. He can't get re-elected without our overwhelming support. He knows it, we know it, the entire democratic party knows it. Yet we have done nothing to use all that political power we have. What are we? Morons?

No, not morons. Just slaves who still wear Massa's chains on our minds instead of our ankles.

This is a DUH!, moment

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back