Black People : Why We Need to Learn Spanish

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Oct 13, 2012.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Fambly,

I was recently on the east coast, riding with my aunt on the way to my cousin's wedding. Unfortunately, the directions we were given weren't very helpful and we drove around for hours looking for street names that were on the directions but no where to be seen on the road. We stopped at a gas station and my aunt got out to ask someone there if they knew the street. Nobody spoke English. Everybody spoke Spanish. She went inside the little convenience store thinking surely the cashier must speak English. She was out of luck. She approached a sista. I mean, surely, a sista. But sista didn't speak a drop of English. She tried this all-American looking White guy. No heblo Ingles. No puedo ayudar, senora. I sat there thinking, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto. We were, in fact in Arlington, Virginia, right outside the nation's capital and nobody spoke English!

Some of our leaders. well meaning or not, tell us the Latinos are our enemies. They're trying to replace us and are to be seen as rivals not friends. So what are we to do? Sit by the side of the social road while the world passes us by as we grumble about how nobody loves us? Let me tell you a story.

A knight in shining armour went to his king and said, "Your, highness, I've conquered your enemies to the south." The king jumped up, "But I don't have any enemies to the south!" The knight said, "You do now."

In other words, if we see Latinos as our enemies, hey you know, perception is reality. Then we fall right into the White man's old divide and conquer game. If we see ourselves as competent and capable, we will learn the language and thus increase our value in both the marketplace and the social scene. It's not about if they love us or are our friends. It's about being up to speed in a world that's moving forward and will not stop.

I invite everyone to visit the Language Resource Center where you can learn Spanish as well as a few other languages that may prove important in the 21st century.

http://africation.com/LRC/index.html

2. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Hispanics are your blood brothers, only hateful idiots will consider them enemies, no matter where I am , there is always so called Hispanic there, to help me. the only group of people who is in the ghetto with Black people. I am not even talking about Biblical proofs that they too are the Chosen people of the Most High. These same people who are advocating against them as enemies want to be integrated with the white people. Such a shame

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I'm not learning Spanish....They need to learn English...This is what pisses me off...they are in the US where English is the PRIMARY language.
    I'm sick of having to go into apply for a job and they require someone who is bi-lingual in Spanish. That's CRAP. If I go to Mexico or wherever there is another language being spoken I have to know how to speak their language in order to navigate through their country.
    No I will not learn span-ish in order to speak to them so I can find directions or work in this country.
    Dammn that.
    If learn any language it will not be for that reason.

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    :jumping:
    I agree 100%:)

MsInterpret you hit the nail on the head. I was just placing my reply when something went wrong. I believe that since the mother tongue in the USA is English they should learn English. I have lived in England and I saw elderly Indians and Pakistanis both men and women who refused to learn English. Many have lived there for years. As my grandmother would say, they are really taking a 6 for a 9.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Hispanic is a culture and not a people. Latino is a culture and not a people. Puerto Rican means "port of good hope" so they can't be that either. So just who are they? They don't know themselves!! So if they don't know who they are, they don't know who we are...and if they don't know who we are, they serve themselves and us no good! Just my opinion.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Paz.....

Adoro mi familia latina que crecí con en la capucha y yo aprendí cómo hablar español tan llamado de ser alrededor de ellos tanto.

Mi hijo también sujetó una B más en español dos el año pasado porque lo consiguió naturalmente.

Uno :heart:

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Yes, they know who they are and they know who we are much better than most of us do. They know this land was stolen from their ancestors by the white people who now insist that they speak English, just like they divided Africa and have all the brothas and sistas over there speaking English. Not that Spain has any more love for the Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Cubans than it has for us. Between the Latinos who insist that everyone speak Spanish and the American Blacks who insist everyone speak English, we're just fighting for the hegemony of our respective slave masters.

We must learn one another's language and culture. Whites know that they will soon be in the minority in this country. But they won't have to worry about this if we're all sick and pissed off at each other.

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    felicitaciones a su hijo. El español es una lengua hermosa y nos abre muchas puertas cuando lo aprendemos.

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    paz...

Gracias. Sí es un hermoso idioma y la mayor parte es una hermosas personas. La parte de nuestra familia.

Mi hijo es un mayor este año y ha dado un paso realmente su juego arriba en todos los sujetos.

:read:

10. Isfasha

Isfasha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44
    You realize latino is not a race right? It's a cultural heritage. They can come in all shapes, sizes and colors :lol:
    Latino

[​IMG]
    Latina

[​IMG]
    Latina

[​IMG]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. white people should refuse to learn spanish

2. should blacks learn spanish?