Black People : Why We Need A Black Active Data Base

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Check this out. Our need to have an active Black Data Base concerning our atrocities in this country is crucial. Thanks to Treyvon's mother and others, we became aware of their situation. The sister who was dragged out the hospital is a travesty. There's a case in White Plains N.Y. that is seriously being kept hush hush. A 68 year old black man back in November accidentally activated his health alarm bracelet. Now once that happens there are other things that immediately happen also. First the company alerts the EMS and the police that they may need them to assist the wearer of the bracelet. Next they call the bracelet owner to see if they can make contact to establish the possible severity of the emergency.

Once they contacted the owner, he confirmed that he had accidentally set it off and that everything was ok. They in turn contacted the EMS and the police to let them know also that everything was ok. Apparently the po po wasn't having it and they continued to proceed to the address. Once they got there they banged on the door and the 68 year old brother cracked the door and let them know that everything was ok. Remember now, they are there to assist the man, not for any criminal investigation. So once they saw that the brother appeared to be ok, that wasn't enough...they wanted to come in and the brother refused.

They then broke the door down, hit him with the taser and then hit him with the bean bag gun. The brother was dead. They tried to say that the brother came at them with a hatchet and then a butcher knife....but there was a problem...everything from the time that they arrived there was being recorded and everything that the police tried to say turned out, based upon the recorded videos and the phone calls was a lie. This case is just going to the grand jury and I have the audio recordings from his son to back up what I just wrote.

This is the type of ish that is going on everyday while we as a people have no record of these forms of atrocities that the law is engaging in everyday as it regards our people. I once had a picture of the KKK beating a brother down on one side...on the other side was the police beating a brother down...and the caption read: The song has ended but the melody lingers on. We need a data base badly.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i'm sure the FBI already has one…….

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

:lol: ... oh gosh ... you're so sillee ... i really did laff out loud ... oh gosh ... i love you!

:heart:

Destee

4. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Lol ain't that the truth.

5. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    this makes me think what can we women do to protect our people so that they don't have to rely on these services. Even if we don't know the people, do we care about our neighbors. Are there elderly people in your building that you could check up on and let them know you will help them if you can and you will check on them? just a stop in are you good type thing. i know people have a million things to do but we manage to make time for vain things what about these things... what about them? i waste time sometimes, instead of being on destee I could be getting to know my neighbors and trying to unify the black people in my community a little more. i have the extra time now that i don't have to work.

Some people's own family don't see about them which is so sad. I never did this but im seriously planning on getting to know my neighbors and checking on them so they don't feel abandoned:(. It only takes about a half hour maybe depending on how many people are just alone and no one sees about them. we should have love and respect for our elders even if they are crazy or talk you to death:).

6. Louis

Louis Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Brother Keita, what is the overall purpose of the database? How would it be used?

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

What is stopping you?

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Kelly Miller said it:

"The Negro pays for what he wants and begs for what he needs."

I'm so happy that Sister Destee can get regular contributors, but, with our people, it's not at all easy.

I told a Brother on the street today what Douglass told me so many years pass:

"You won't always get what you pay for, but you will most certainly pay for what you get."

We have Black databases, Black thinktanks, Black newsletters, Black Community Centers, and on and on. An elder told me, "A word to the wise should be sufficient."

In other words, someone out there is saying "We should have a Black forum that's loving and caring."

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Truth spoken to power, and two (2) more accolades.

Peace In,