Black People Politics : Why we don't have power

Why is it not Science Fiction?
I do not even think it is fiction or fantasy....More Legendary
Of the two....Star wars
From what little I've seen and heard bout the marvel franchise its mostly a rehash from myths of old.
Star Wars and Star Trek?
Stat Trek, a reworking of R. Heinlein.
Star Wars, a recycling of space junk floating around woven into some myth stories bout rediscovering power forces we lost somewhere in the past.
Yo, garden of Eden anyone?

What!?

Compared to Deep Space Nine?

See the House of Quark episode for accounting.

Trekker! Don't be insulting.
:lol:

My bad. From your Tuvak pic I should have realized sooner that the Trek was strong with you, lol.

Deep Space Nine was certainly a great series. Great cast. Strong black male leadership in a time where it almost wasn't allowed like that on TV. That goes back to what you were saying about sci-fi giving us visions of the future. Treks also do more "domestic" and social commentary whereas Star Wars is more global/universal philosophy.

But the technology advancements in Discovery are just on a whole other level. And seeing this black woman go from a more science officer (STEM) intelligent role to captain... to that matriarchal seat of power... has been a great process. I stand by my decision to call it the best. But DS9 is up there for sure.

No! And I do not pay attention to that kind of stuff.
Maybe you should....Then you will see why it is not fiction but science of the Future is The Past Returned.

Time moves in one direction though at varying speeds due to Einsteinian physics.
According to my understanding Time does not move...It Appears Cyclical only because Man exist in this Conscious Reality that is a Cyclical Universe - Time Travel

The term "science fiction" contains the word "science", there is lots of stuff called science fiction containing bad science.
Fiction and Fantasy means Made up in the Mind of Man....Which is where All Man made things have their Beginnings.
In the 1860's Jules Verne wrote "from here to the Moon" in which men rode a rocket to the moon....Fiction made real.

I know a book that has aliens doing something ridiculous every 26,000 years because the story has the galaxy rotating in that time.
Sounds Like they Are talking Astrology...with regard to the Earth's Wobble - it is often called The Procession of the Equinoxes.

Actually the galaxy takes 200,000,000 years to do one revolution though some say 220,000,000. I do not know the degree of certainty/precision in the measurement.
Wow...
The Ancients says that every that every 4.32 billion yrs this Reality/Universe Contracts to Singularity...The Big Crunch goes thru a refractory period and the Burst Forth Again - The Big Bang.

Parsec stands for paralax second. The diameter of the Earth's orbit is used like the distance between the centers of your eyes and paralax is the angular difference of your eyes to judge distance. One second of arc across the orbit of the Earth yields a distance of 3.26 light years, most of the distance to the nearest star.
I never knew that.

A curious thing about Star Wars is that it starts off with, "A galaxy far, far away." Is that meant in absolute or relative terms?
Everything is Far when dealing with Space and Astronomy...It pretty much the same as "Long long ago"

You see the nearest galaxy is Andromeda which is 2,500,000 light years away or 766,871 parsecs. Is that near or far, far by the standards of galaxies. Average distance for galaxies would be more than 1,000,000,000 light years, so far, far should be pretty **** far. Therefore fantasy by its very style.
It's Far....but when you have Wormholes and Time Travel or Bending Space...its all reachable in a Nanosecond.

Yes, that Roger Ebert, the film critic. I do not doubt that there are or were others somewhere but he is the only one I have ever heard of.
Cool he like George Lucas was married to a sister.

By the way, the Andromeda galaxy is expected to collide with the Milky Way in 4 billion years. I can hardly wait.
Who knows we maybe here to experience it....

From what little I've seen and heard bout the marvel franchise its mostly a rehash from myths of old.
True

Star Wars and Star Trek?
Man creating his future.
Stat Trek, a reworking of R. Heinlein.
We are being prepared to enter the Galactic Family.
Star Wars, a recycling of space junk floating around woven into some myth stories bout rediscovering power forces we lost somewhere in the past.
There is nothing New...it has already been of old times - just forgotten

Yo, garden of Eden anyone?
The Djedi/Angel that Guards it with the his lightsaber/flaming sword.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back