Black People Politics : Why we don't have power

oh I didn't know you knew about databases.

What I was saying before was using relative databases without a key as a metaphor for the difficulty in understanding someone if you couldn't relate. I wasn't saying "without a key" is something good or easy.
oh....

IMHO...

Thank you for conversing with me. I appreciate your insights.

As the programming goes from human to machine (interpreted vs compiled) it gets faster but the machine language is what directly interfaces with hardware. So even if the hardware is the capacity to be more powerful, when it is not correctly administrated by programming it cannot reach its full potential. We are all different from each other. As much as we are negatively categorized as inferior in all these different ways, and as much as we push back against those lies and propaganda, fighting not to internalize it at the same time, we have to stop allowing our differences to make us incompatible software with each other so that we can work together and organize into something bigger and stronger than a corporation. That's not only playing the game, but elevating it.

IMHO...

Honey I Shrank the Transistors

Grace Hopper nanosecond wire

The shrinking of the transistors means more of them closer together which means much less time wasted on signal transit delays.

The Internet provides near instantaneous communication by the standards of human decision making and action but it is as though Black Americans have virus and malware problems in the operating systems.

I offered to pay some neices and nephews to read some books I selected. They refused. After I started reading science fiction in 4th grade my mother called it "something crazy" seeming to imply that I should stop. My very first book is in the public domain now. I have gone back and checked, the book is from 1959, but the author used the word 'computer' 7 times. In retrospect it was as though my mother was sabotaging me. The nuns she sent me to for education never taught science.

Star Surgeon by Alan E Nourse

Nourse was a doctor and wrote about a human heart transplant in that story. I was a teenager when the first heart transplant took place.

A friend of mind complained that fiction was not real and would not read SF. But I think science fiction helps to create a future oriented mentality. Try some public domain stuff.

Black Man's Burden (1961) by Mack Reynolds
Border, Breed nor Birth (1963)

Reynolds does a parody of Rudyard Kipling

There is also non-fiction that no one told me about.

When Africa Awakes by Hubert Henry Harrison

You created a pretty long post. I copy/pasted it to a file and did text-to-speech with the app AIReader.

Are kids using this technology worth a ****?

To what degree do Black Americans think of technology as power.

I just had a conversation yesterday with the son of a deceased friend who was a computer programmer. The son said he did not want to be bothered with his father's "brainiac" s***. He wanted to be accepted be his "friends". Now after nearly 30 years he sees his friends as a bunch of failures who want to keep him in that rut.

Honey I Shrank the Transistors

Grace Hopper nanosecond wire

The shrinking of the transistors means more of them closer together which means much less time wasted on signal transit delays.

The Internet provides near instantaneous communication by the standards of human decision making and action but it is as though Black Americans have virus and malware problems in the operating systems.

I offered to pay some neices and nephews to read some books I selected. They refused. After I started reading science fiction in 4th grade my mother called it "something crazy" seeming to imply that I should stop. My very first book is in the public domain now. I have gone back and checked, the book is from 1959, but the author used the word 'computer' 7 times. In retrospect it was as though my mother was sabotaging me. The nuns she sent me to for education never taught science.

Star Surgeon by Alan E Nourse

Nourse was a doctor and wrote about a human heart transplant in that story. I was a teenager when the first heart transplant took place.

A friend of mind complained that fiction was not real and would not read SF. But I think science fiction helps to create a future oriented mentality. Try some public domain stuff.

Black Man's Burden (1961) by Mack Reynolds
Border, Breed nor Birth (1963)

Reynolds does a parody of Rudyard Kipling

There is also non-fiction that no one told me about.

When Africa Awakes by Hubert Henry Harrison

You created a pretty long post. I copy/pasted it to a file and did text-to-speech with the app AIReader.

Are kids using this technology worth a ****?

I agree and I hope I'm not the only one paying attention to you.

I grew up with science fiction. I don't know how we got initially exposed to it but there were Saturday nights when my family would watch Doctor Who together. I grew up with a magazine aimed at children about space, called Odyssey. I was the first kid from my side of the tracks to have a family computer; a 286. And even though it was mostly used to play games it altered the course of my life. It made me think about the future and what was possible. Positive stuff. So not only was I adapting to computers at a younger age (which also makes me write more because I can type about as fast as I can speak as well type while looking in another direction) but my mind has always had a foot in the future. And so the technology I care most about are things that I think will contribute to a better future. The next iPhone? No. But Solar? Vertical Farming? EVs? Reusable rockets? Hell yes. That's what makes me more forgiving of someone like Elon. He's like single handedly doing a lot of things my inner child has been wanting to see for decades.

Part of the malware in our youth is about negativity and not seeing possibilities. If you don't see positive possibilities you cannot possibly go for them and take advantage of opportunities maybe you didn't even know you had. There was a book put out in the late 90s that was full of government grants. It was a huge book with silly commercials to promote it. It's easy to think that help isn't out there or that nothing has been done to help us and we are only being oppressed. Part of the problem is that it's a half truth. We are and have been oppressed. True. But there has been another side that has been working against that oppression. If you have a positive vision of the future then maybe that makes you more likely to read those books and see those opportunities that are naturally hidden by their lack of promotion. If we only see the negative, if we're only connected by something negative, then part of the problem is what ideas we reinforce in each other.

We've gotten better at uplifting each other and seeing black as beautiful and seeing former slaves as kings and queens and all that. But what I'm talking about is not just seeing racism but seeing opportunities and spreading that knowledge in spite of racism. A lot of whites don't like us or don't like entitlement programs and they think they've already done enough for us partially because there are opportunities we don't take advantage of. But we have the capacity; just not the power. Why? Because we underutilized ourselves and our potential. And we've been taught that the only way to reach our potential is the "American" way (of individualism). This is the part we need to reprogram. That internal programming that we have, has a virus. And that virus is that Eurocentric culture.

Am I saying something racist against whites? No. I'm suggesting that there is nothing wrong with whites having white culture and black people having black culture. It's whatever WORKS for you. There are a few blacks who white culture is working for because they grew up in white communities and/or chose jobs like policemen, or politician, or prosecutor, or anti-black spokesperson that have taken them behind the blue wall or made them accepted in white circles. Because that worked for them they think it can work for 40 million black people. They're wrong.

What we need is a black culture that rejects the aspects of American culture that don't work for us; that haven't worked for us. In some cases we need to copy the Jews or the Asians or the (East) Indians. They come over practicing group economics. We also need to teach our kids not to be victims of commercialization... marketing... branding... etc. These are simply tricks to get their money. But in order to give them that, they cannot simply be running away from something negative, but running towards something positive. That's a much stronger motivation. So what I'm saying is that we've been teaching our children fear. And that is not as powerful a motivator as love. Surviving white supremacy isn't as powerful as teaching kids to find something they love and put their whole heart into it. Chase their dreams. The truth is that the virus comes from Eurocentrism, but the malware often comes from us and our fears coming from past history. I'm not saying we have to let it go. I'm saying we have to balance the past with the future or else we'll end up sabotaging them. Then they'll have the motivation necessary to reboot that OS with a updates that kills the viruses and malware.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back