Black People Politics : Why the term African American is mostly offensive

I disagree. I do not find the term offensive...I don't care what Caucasians or others do; that is their affair. I would prefer the term "Black" because it unites all who are so-called Negroid regardless of what land we live in or are from.

I like the fact that things are different for us than Whites (they just call themselves "Americans.") I do not want to be like Whites.

Peace.

I disagree. I do not find the term offensive...I don't care what Caucasians or others do; that is their affair. I would prefer the term "Black" because it unites all who are so-called Negroid regardless of what land we live in or are from.

I like the fact that things are different for us than Whites (they just call themselves "Americans.") I do not want to be like Whites.

Peace.
Isn't preferring the term Black a part of being like Whites, a mistake they made by identifying by color. You must understand that Whites claimed America before they began calling themselves White. After they bought us over as slaves, they eventually began calling themselves White to distinguish your dark skin from theirs, keeping us in slavery, thus calling us the furthest color from white, which was black. However it seems the system of White supremacy comes with a price, as America is in decline and in the process of imploding on itself.

Personally, I don't see how we can call ourselves Black without eventually falling into the same sickness as Whites, that's if we ever get to become as powerful after calling ourselves that. At first I didn't want to believe that, but now I have no choice but to, when I see how we still think. Only a week ago, I heard a Doctor on the Carl Nelson show saying he had scientific evidence that the darker the skin of a man, the more muscular inclined he was. I was hoping he was only comparing African-American men to White men. But when he finished by saying the darker the berry the sweeter the juice, he obviously meant more to it. I wonder what Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, and the late Ken Norton would have thought of that...but I ain't going there. He may as well as said the darker the skin on a woman, the more manly she was, or the rounder her butt was, or the more butt she had...talking about opening a can of worms. But he didn't go there. Instead he sympathized light-skinned females challenges they faced, and the mistreatment she encounters going throw life as a light-skinned woman. I think this came off the discussion of Oprahs "Light Girl" documentary that aired not too long before this interview.

So I said all that to let you know where a lot of Black peoples heads still are, and this can include some of our so-called smartest. But when you think about it, no wonder we can't unify high-yellow, red-bone, light-brown, brown, or dark-brown, if we going to call our selves Black, and continue to feed the darker you are the better, which I don't think is ever going away, and will always resurface here or there. To me, this only creates more division and competition in our race as long as we stay too hung up on identifying by color, and claim that as our geographical name, which makes no sense, due to the fact you will never find Black on the globe anyway. There shouldn't be anything wrong with claiming Black I guess in a sense. But because of our mindsets as African-Americans under White supremacy, there will always be a group who secretly or upfront think they are Blacker than you simply because they have darker skin, and its impossible for those with that mindset not to, going by that name. Then you'll have to ask over again what Black really is in the first place.

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back