Black Sports : Why the Show Boating

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Bluewater, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    i watched the game today the Saint vs the Gaint when (????)from the Saint scored a touch down he pulls a cell phone from under the goal post cushion...a 15 yard penalty I wanna say "stop show boating and play the game"...it is upsetting to see wonderful players become a media clowns no one is laughing...play the game stop clowning. Role moderns

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    sistah i saw that ......like others who put on a celebration
    show after they score is wild now they turning the game to a
    real laugh in people pay to see real football and now they get
    a game show of clowns from some great talented people ......
    i feel u and it's clear this what we will see.

3. skellywags

skellywags New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a low-down, crying shame to see my brothers out there looking like clowns. Here is a player, his team is losing 31-0 he scores a td and starts dancing all over the end zone--Please give me a break!! Are you for real? Fool you are losing 31-6!!!!!!!!!

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    so true but this how the game has become the show boating
    and TD shows the funny dancing to the ink pen from the scocks
    now the cell phone in the goal post what's next >????

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Welcome to Destee Skelly

Six points mean a lot when your losing. No team wan'ts the zero score. Some pride can be retained if you can get 3 points on the board.

I saw the cell phone incident. I was wondering is that a new Verizon promo he did. Players have forgotten the TEAM thing when playing. Don't cost your team yardage, or points cause you want to stand out.

6. skellywags

skellywags New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi HODEE. Thanks for the warm welcome. The game is not about the individual. No one is bigger than the game. Of all the team sports, football is the most complete. All eleven men on both sides of the ball must be working in unison.

7. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    thats so true it's a team not a one man show
    maybe the nice fine laid on him will help him see
    that it's not worth the TD show they put on !

8. Bluewater

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    yes this is so true my brothers..Football can not be a one man show....it takes a team... everyone plays an important part from blockers to defenders their's no I in team...and as for the show boating...that dude was fine $30,000.00 for taking out the cell phone, and the one who held the cushion up for him to get the cell phone was fine $5,000.00 .. now they know they will get fine for clowning..if they truly want to throw there money in the air...put it back in the community..not back in the Man pocket. Play the game.

9. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    You know I played football and bball for a while. I have seen a lot of things, celebrations, cheap shots the whole nine. And you know what the most disturbing thing I have come across while enjoying soprts is: People who judge and call players out of their names because they celebrate, in whichever way they choose.

I saw the Sharpie thing, the cell phone thing, the ickey shuffle thing, the fun bunch thing, the sack dance thing, the chicken neck thing, the gravedigger thing, etc. If you didn't know those are alll celebrations that football players have done throughout the past few years.

Celebrating in whatever manner you choose is self-expression which is a means of speaking, In this case non-verbally, we have a right to speak our minds so why not celebrate the way we want to. if White folks were out there judging us (blak folks who don't play ball), and it happens, due to the way we dance, or dress, or whatever. We would have a problem with that. Why? Because those things are a part of US. How we express ourselves. So why can't ballplayers?

Let me clarify that If Rush Limbaugh got on television and said "Those blak girls out there shaking there butts look like a bunch of hoes" we would have a problem with that. You get my point.

Who gives a **** if Keyshawn Johnson or Joe Horn goes Sharpie and cell phone crazy. It's part of them. How they chose to express themselves at the time. For 75 bucks a pop fans should be treated to something extra.

There are too many things in the world to be concerned about than the cell phone thing, and besides who really cares.

Clowns? the only thing clownish is condemning a man or woman for expressing themselves. It's their human right to do so.

blak

10. Bluewater

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    You made a good point..I come from a Athletic family and i am one as well.my point is the cost for going Just a Little to far.. dancing being happy slapping five etc and so on is a natural expression of excitement doing flips all of that .
    Who condemning a man or woman for expressing themselves?
    I care about all of that it is not just about a cell phone..but the cost of going to far with the show boating..the cost .