Black People : Why the need to blackenize everything?

Then we are all in agreement then to the boundary discussion... there were conflicts of boundaries precolonial and colonial Africa...
Of course there were and it was under those conditions that the slave trades, east and west, flourished.

But it is largely the legacy of European colonialism that Africa is dealing with today.

I am talking about what Dr. Nkrumah has referred to as "Balkanization".

Of course there were and it was under those conditions that the slave trades, east and west, flourished.

But it is largely the legacy of European colonialism that Africa is dealing with today.

I am talking about what Dr. Nkrumah has referred to as "Balkanization".

Africa has long been a continent with political troubles. It is a widespread idea amongst political scientists that the divisions and conflicts that exist on the continent are a result of the European colonization in the 19th-20th Centuries, when state boundaries were drawn by the colonizers. Now, some sixty years after most African countries gained independence, the continent is experiencing a period of turmoil.

http://lubomitev.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/balkanization-of-africa/

I'm out.

Where did I say that they did not exist?

If only this were true. The boundaries, or borders, created which separate Africans from each other were created by European colonialists, which is part of the reason that conflict exists between many African countries today.

You said the above in response to this...

...You refuse to respect the boundaries that Africans themselves have established to separate them from each...

You could possibly have meant that the borders before were more permeable than those established by European imperialists. Is this what you meant?

I would also suggest though that those borders of classical African states, kingdoms and empires brought conflict.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back