Black People : Why the hatred of Black Conservatives?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    While looking at the teachings of great African-Americans such as Marcus Garvey, Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X, I found them to be eerily similar to what Black Conservatives glorify: Self-reliance, strong nuclear families, business ownership, educating our own people etc.

Why is it that we praise Black Nationalists and Pan-Africanists for extolling these virtues but vilify Black people that affiliate with the Republican Party for saying the same things?

Garvey, himself, admitted to being greatly influence by Booker T. Washington - the father of Black Conservatism.

What makes Garvey (and those who follow his line of thought) worthy of so much but Washington(and those who follow his line of thought) the object of so much scorn?

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Republican party of today is the Dixiecrats of old.
    The Republican party is the party of the South.

Furthermore, Republicans frequently engage in veiled, prejudicial code speak against African-Americans.

Don't get me wrong. The Democrats aren't much better, but the Republicans are clearly not in the best interest of Nubian peoples.

Democrats at least fake it well.

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    They fake it all too well, so well infact that they have many black fools who actually believe that they have their interest at heart but at the end of the day they still hold the same status as republicans, share dinner and the same neighborhoods to say the least. Its funny that black people have such a short memory for it was the Republican Party the party of Lincoln that was actually for the abolition of slavery and allowing the black people intergration, but with the final end of reconstruction and the last black republican reconstruction era official to leave office in the late 20s that all changed. How soon we forget!!!

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
  5. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

What up knowledge long time no holler.. Both sides are extremes of the same entity. Like hot and cold both temperatures both needed and necessary if one par takes in the game... I after studying both think that are both crooked to say the least.. we have to lealearn to have a collective voice and postion our selves to the highest bidder... A wise elder enterpenur told me to pick a winning team... Hetep

6. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    These parties then flipped sides as the white man is known for doing. Research it its all here on the net. I dont trust Black Republicans for the same reason I dont trust white ones. What does one think of when they hear the word conservative? What should one be thinking of? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/conservative tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions. That definition alone should make you want to run if you understand the history and politics relating to conditions and institutions in the United States when it comes to black people. When you understand that history following its lineage from Europe you know that priviledged white males (predominantly of this party) You should automatically have a problem with what they represent. Aside from the fact that they have always taken obvious shots at the community often one more devistating than the next. This party clearly wants to maintain the status quo as it has always been in this country and allow priviledged white males to prosper. If you do the research thoroughly you will know exactly what Im talking about.

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Exactly what Black conservatives do you see folks vilifying?
    or Black republicans?

8. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Allen West, Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Booker T. Washington

9. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
  10. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    I agree, it puzzles me how people have such concern for these people whom obviously do close to nothing and say everything!