Science and Technology : Why the delay in melanin appearing

Dreya

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 14, 2014
GA
Occupation
Applied computer arts
now i not not all but some black babies when theys born look kinda pale - photos of me as a lil baby i look like way way lighter than i do now - people ive asked about this before say when it happens its just the melanin kickin in late....

so my question is - if meleanin protects us from the sun - and if babies are more prone to probs from too much sun then why this delay - does anyone know of a sound scientific reason why it takes melanin a while to kick in in some people????

I thought babies were just pale because they are crammed in a womb for nine months.

My brother is very dark, and he was a pale baby. I think I was born darker than he was, actually. But that's besides the point.

I mean, babies also have really soft, I mean soft hair, and then it gets coarse. I think it's just part of being a new born; like having squishy poop.

That's my scientific take on it. (Not really)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back