Black Atheists : "Why the Christian God is Impossible"

Discussion in 'Atheist Study Group' started by RAPTOR, Feb 11, 2012.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Why the Christian God is Impossible
    by Chad Docterman

Introduction

Christians consider the existence of their God to be an obvious truth that no sane man could deny. I strongly disagree with this assumption not only because evidence for the existence of this presumably ubiquitous yet invisible God is lacking, but because the very nature Christians attribute to this God is self-contradictory.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/why-the-christian-god-is-impossible.59249/#post-608117

2. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    Not all Christians believe the same nor believe what is written above. Some of what is written above is interpretation of scripture and not unanimously agreed upon by all Christians. So, using "Christian belief" to disprove the existence of Yahweh is kind of a sticky wicket, kind of a flawed methodology. Just saying.

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I agree but why are "christians" or other religious persons given a pass? When you label yourself, you are that label.
    That's like saying someone in the KKK saying "I don't like the lynching part, but I love raping and maiming".
    Or I don't really believe cigarettes can give you lung cancer so I only smoke half of a cigarette.

If you're going to call yourself something, then DON'T complain that you don't believe in all the aspects of it. Unfortunately people aren't given that luxury.

I get there are different factions to different organizations but once you label yourself as a part of an organization you are that organization.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother RAPTOR ... why are you posting whole big articles of folks stuff ... without including their permission for it to be here?

I clicked the link and see you already posted this in another thread ... and it shouldn't be there either ... like that.

I don't want no extra work to do ... please ... just give a link to where we can read it ... a few words of it if you must ... but not all of this.

I'm gonna delete the majority of the other post too ... the property of another ... as i did in the opening post of this thread.

Brother RAPTOR ... are you an Atheist now ... or is this thread an attempt to attack Christians ... via the Atheist Forum?

I just spoke on the potential problem before us ... and here you come ... confirming my concerns.

Please Brother RAPTOR ... i really don't want no more work to do.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    It was an old post and thought it would be more suitable here.
    I should've made amendments to it per required.

You have my apologies.

P.S.

Okay, now I see where you've asked me if I were atheist (the first time).
    Is it a requirement?

6. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    ^^^^
    'Is it a requirement'?
    What does THAT mean?

It's, like...a 'misrepresentation' kinda thing. If you weren't/aren't (I don't know. I don't follow people around like that) atheist/freethinker/whatever, etc...this discussion could've been had in the Spiritual forum. Or in another religious area...*shrug*

Why would an individual post anti-christian slander in the atheist area if they aren't of the same mind? Hell, even if they were...I wouldn't care to see it. *laugh* In fact, I'm glad that DESTEE took that other mess out of here.
    (and this is 'general'. Not directed at anyone)
    Whether an individual cares for Christians? Not my business...BUT there's a diff between honest, legitmate debate and slandering for the hell of it.

Here's my thing: Don't run and hide in the atheist forum to launch 'bricks'. Don't use the atheist platform as a prop to 'freely' spew hate. Don't use US like bullet-proof vests to attack the faithful (muslim, Jew, Christianity, etc....)....

I don't understand all of this concentrated energy on Christianity, anyway.
    Atheism isn't about 'Christianity'. It's about 'religion/belief systems'. It's not about GOD. It's about god(esses)/god(s)/God.

Now, if attacked? The gloves are coming all the way off...! *laugh*
    If you dish, you can take it.
    But...generally, it's not that serious. Religion is a small matter. I mean, there are muslims in parts of Africa hacking up the Christians with machetes. Just one of many skirmishes going on related to this topic. It's insane.
    Religion...is nothing to be arguing over, fighting over or killing over. We should all have better things to do. We should be more consumed with Life and love...than arguing (mindlessly) over a differences of opinion/belief/idea and 'whose more intelligent than whom', etc....

Evolve.

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Sister, can you please explain to me what you mean by the above statement?

Peace!

8. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Religion...is nothing to be arguing over, fighting over or killing over. We should all have better things to do. We should be more consumed with Life and love...than arguing (mindlessly) over a differences of opinion/belief/idea and 'whose more intelligent than whom', etc....

AXE to You