Black People : Why??? - Some Questions For Black Folks

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MANASIAC, Aug 3, 2004.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    1. Why do Black People cut down they own so quickly

2. Why do Black people claim white folks is evil, but they are the usual suspects who treat you ****ty

3. Why do Black Folks claim to have all the Knowledge, but the avability of it is scarce
    like black men in college

4. Why Do Black Men and Women cut down each other, yet when other races commit the same atrocities they treat them like sisters and brothers

5. Why do Black People always blame the white man, everytime we blame others for our problems they take power right out of our hands

6. Why do Black People always holler lets save the motherland, yet for us, I hear no Africans with the same plan

7. Why do Black People generalize and make blanket judgements about whites and other people, yet they fail to realize the same judgement they use is non-African it is Eurocentric Evil

Why???

(Spelling Errors and Grammar Errors Abound)

2. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You are obviously white and are just flaming the board. This is my last response to you.

3. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I am actually a Black Cuban you see my picture right?

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah, man, them spellin' an' grammar errors was 'cumalatin', sun(smile!) But the questions you asked were on point - which is a shocka for you, sun(LOL!) Dats cuz ahm so dustee, yo!

But, seriously, I get kind of discouraged at this board sometimes, when all of OUR Ills are attributed to TOUBAB, Da Devil, White Man, Black Women, Latinos, and everyone else but ourselves... We seem not to realize that this mentality says we are ever the victims, and that we have no power to act lest it be at the behest of all of our demons... That's wack, that's a lotta bull...

When a brother engages in a gun fight with other brothers on our streets, over drug turf, putting the lives of other Africans in peril, that's not the White Man, that's a Black man... Be he outta his mind or not, that's a Black man... Be he criminal-minded or not, he's still a Black man... We seem not to wanna deal with that reality, that this knucklehead was reared by someone in our communitites, and is attached to us by culture and common ethnicity... We seem not to want to see his behaviour for what it is... Meanwhile, most of the cats at this board have been impacted by White Supremacy the same as the knucklehead, but Do Not do knuckleheaded stuff... That should tell us that knucklehead and levelhead make CHOICES - one detrimental, the other Beneficial to our communities...

In my humble opinion, Manasiac, the reason we continue to site the White Man as the number one reason for our difficulties as a community is that it is just easier to do so, rather that taking responsibility for our own issues and problems... I say that knowing full well the ongoing implications of White Supremacy, and how WE engage in full complicity with that nefarious program by not doing what is required of us to do as a nation within a nation...

I am clear of what White Supremacy has wrought, and continues to bring to bear on our communities... I am clear, too, that African people have the wherewithal and the responsibility to bring that program down to it's knees, kill it, bury it, dig it up, and kill it again for all times sakes... But are we doing that, or just complaining about it's existence??? Are we going to have to be killed by it for someone to take it seriously enough to challenge it, and bring about the end of it's existence??? I remember the Last Poets saying, "Whitey is sick, and his sickness is killing Us!" I remember the profound feelings of anger I felt about what the Last Poets had said... By now my anger has been transformed by that message, and I ask myself the question, "what are you gonna do about it???" "What can I do to make my people well, and quarantine them for the man's sickness???"

I don't want to spend the best days of my life harping on how someone else has me down - and out! I cannot see how my ancestors were able to become millionaires having been born into slavery, and I'm around here complaining about ole massa... Overall, brother, very good questions...

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Thanks for the response, Brother I.

Take the time read other things I have posted, and you will be even shocked again.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    I agree with Brother Isaiah, these are very good questions and if people would not react to them too quickly, but give them some serious thought and not become defensive, I think they will generate some very constructive discussion.

The only constructive criticism I want to make though is to ask that we be careful not to lump all Blacks in the same boat by generalizing the questions? It's a known fact that not ALL Blacks do the things that are described in the questions and another interesting question then be, why are we different that way?

I'm sure there are a number of different reasons why some Blacks are "guilty" of behaving in these ways and probably all of them are valid. Maybe some do these things because they have good reasons; maybe some do them out of ignorance; maybe some do simply because they see others do them; maybe some do them to gain recognition and attention; maybe some do them to perpetuate the stereotypes about Black people and sell them out; maybe some do because they suffer from paranoia and need drugs and won't take them; maybe some do because they are human and can--who knows?

I'm looking forward to reading the different responses.

Queenie :spinstar:

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    i site the white man as the number one reason for our problems.
    i am neither lazy nor irresponsible.
    i do not take the easy way, i take the correct way.

i say, the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution.

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    We tend to separate Black folk into categories according to their political and social perspectives.

Are all whites the same or do we also place them into categories and treat them accordingly?

Queenie :spinstar:

9. MANASIAC

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Very Good Question Queen. Alot of times we place them in a Blanket.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    all white folks are not the same.
    some are cool.
    i grew up and went to school with whites, blacks and latins.
    we were friends and had a ball.
    i wish those days could come back again.