Black People Politics : Why some Muslims don’t want Ahmed Mohamed’s blackness to be ignored

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Melanin,

Why some Muslims don’t want Ahmed Mohamed’s blackness to be ignored

... As the news of Mohamed’s plight spread, some of the earliest accounts associated the teen, who is of Sudanese descent, with the word “brown,” a fuzzy bit of racial jargon that typically refers to non-black people of South Asian or sometimes Latin American descent.

And others openly wondered how the world might have reacted to Mohamed’s story if he had been black ...

To wit, the phrase given to the region now inhabited by Islamic people in Africa, which includes modern-day Sudan, is “Bilad al-Sudan” and it means literally “the land of negroes” or “the land of blacks.” ...

[​IMG]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-want-ahmed-mohameds-blackness-to-be-ignored/

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  2. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    No content.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Hi Sister ... this is the first post I have ever made from my phone, testing to see if I can view threads and reply ... all appears well, no errors.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

4. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204
    I can read your post, but not what bro. Clyde and others have posted in their threads. Thanks for responding! love you.too!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    :thinking:

hmmm ... you could not see the thread at all initially, now you can see my post in this thread, which means you can see the thread, but you could not see it before (without the link in the shoutbox perhaps), and you can only see my post in the thread ... this is weird Sister ... :)

Can you see your post in this thread ... where you said ... "No content." ... ?

It's difficult to fix problems that I cannot see ... in fact, it's difficult for me to fix problems I can see ... almost impossible for those I cannot see. I cannot see what you are seeing Sister, I am so sorry. I logged in with my phone and posted and I can see all of the threads on it. That's why I suggested that you see if there is an upgrade for your phone software, if there is and you do this, it might bring the fix for the issue you are seeing.

But it's going to be my luck that you can see all other sites just fine, and only destee.com is acting black ... :wink:

I am going to try and figure out a way to see what you are seeing.

What type of phone do you have Sister ... iPhone or Android?

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

::::
    ::::

p.s. ... wait ... you could see the thread before, because you posted the .... "No content." ... text above. Did you post that on purpose or was that an accident of sorts?

Love You!

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

This is nothing but White outcry Framily, consider the source, the New York Post ... Really? White kids getting suspended? But more importantly, this class of folk reflects Trump's constituency.

How Ahmed’s clock became a false, convenient tale of racism

When is America going to get serious about the problem of white kids getting suspended from school for nothing?

By now you’ve heard the story of Ahmed Mohamed, crowned by the Daily Beast “The Muslim Hero America Has Been Waiting For” after the 14-year-old brought to school a beeping, strange-looking homemade concealed device that turned out to be a clock ...

http://nypost.com/2015/09/19/how-ahmeds-clock-became-a-false-convenient-tale-of-racism/

[​IMG]

Ahmed MohamedPhoto: AP

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

There are not that many choices now. Ahmed received national attention.

Boy withdraws from school that suspended him over clock

DALLAS (AP) — The family of a 14-year-old Muslim student who got in trouble over a homemade clock mistaken for a possible bomb withdrew the boy Monday from his suburban Dallas high school.

Ahmed Mohamed's father, Mohamed El-Hassan Mohamed, said he has pulled all of his children from their Irving Independent School District schools. Mohamed said the family is still deciding where to send the children to school ...

[​IMG]
    Muslim men pray in front of MacArthur High School at a prayer vigil in support of Ahmed Mohamed(AP Photo/Jeffrey McWhorter).

http://news.yahoo.com/boy-withdraws-school-suspended-him-over-clock-012949415.html

8. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    That little boy has all the things this country hates. Brown skin and Muslim faith. If he was gay they'd deport him

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Ahmed Mohamed's Family Hires Lawyers to Get Clock Back, Will Homeschool Teen

... has hired a lawyer to get the timepiece back and has decided to homeschool the teen and his siblings.

"The family has now hired two Dallas attorneys, Thomas Bowers and Reggie London, to pursue Ahmed’s legal rights and regain his science project from the Irving Police Department," read a statement from representatives for the family released today ...

https://gma.yahoo.com/ahmed-mohamed...omeschool-015606392--abc-news-topstories.html

[​IMG]

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Ahmed Mohamed Suspended From School Before Homemade Clock Arrest

[​IMG]

Shockingly, one of his middle school teachers who formerly worked at Sam Houston Middle School, revealed to the Dallas Morning News, that the boy smart enough to be a genius could have also been the "head of a gang." Ralph Kubiak says that Ahmed was always a "weird little kid" and that there's a reason why he was suspended from his high school prior to the teen's overnight celebrity status ...

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2015/09/30/ahmed-mohamed-suspended-from-school-be?ref=yfp