Black Christians : Why So Many Divisions in Christianity?

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Peace.. Peace.. Salaam Walaikum, Shalom Aleichem and Ra Hu Bat​

I am new to the Destee Community and this is my first post. Please forgive me for any mistakes or inaccuracies. My views on this subject come from a Bachelors Degree in Biblical Studies. Personally I am also a Lt. in the NOI and Universal when it comes to Theology and Spiritualism. I claim no Religion so please don' crucify me as I am just expounding my limited knowledge on the subject for all to view and build from. So correct me if I am wrong and agree with me if I am right. All opinions are loved, respected and welcomed.....

Modern Day Christianity goes back to just before the Council of Nicaea

You basically had 2 Main churches in constant dispute within Rome. The Aryan Church of North Africa and the Pauline Church ( Modern Day Catholic Church).
In order to maintain peace and stop the eminent civil war, Constantine held a council with the purpose of debate.

Whatever church was found by the then Pagan Emperor Constantine, to present the greatest case on why they should be the authority on Christianity basically became thee authority of Christianity.

The Pauline Church mostly proposed a doctrine like that of the modern day Catholic Church, and the Aryan Church proposed a more Monotheistic doctrine that coinsides with the views of Islam as to who Jesus/Isa/Yeshua is and his birth/life/death.

During the Debate hundreds of scrolls/books were referenced and at the end of the day Constantine's conclusion was everybody presented excellent arguments, but if there is a so called God of Abraham/Moses/Jesus that he would be powerful enough to deside what books should be "Biblical". So since he is allegeadly all powerful he should be able to place whatever books he wants to be biblical ontop of the table that the debate was staged around. So all the books/scrolls referenced within the debate were placed underneath the table in the Hall where the debate took place, and "locked" with nobody but "Constantine" having the key to open it. Both groups said their prayers and left the building. The next day all the books that the Pauline Church referenced as Biblical were neatly placed ontop of the table and this is where the Modern Day Bible comes from aswell as the original Central Authority of "Modern Christianity".

All books outside of the Pauline Churches choices were then ordered to be destroyed through out all of Rome, let alone the world.

The Protestant revolutions, Mormons, Jehova Witnesses and what not all came a considerable amount of time after this decision.

It is careful to note that during the Debate, the Pauline Church is said to have presented the then Pagan Emperor Constantine with the idea of the Sun Cross, Easter, Winter Solstice, Ressurection and Sunday as essential to the Pauline Doctrine.

The Church of Arius is said to have claimed that Jesus was still alive but in the heavens and that he never actually "Died" but was made to be thought dead and that another Disciple ( attributed to Judas ) was transfigured into his likeness and he is who was crucified. These concepts can be viewed within the Teachings of Islam and aswell as the Gospel of Barnabas and many other "Lost Books of the Bible".

The Church of Arius denounced the trinitarian concept which dates to the lands of Summeria, Kemet, Nubia and Babylon way before Christianity was even Fathomed.

The Church of Arius also only believed in Jesus as a Man and Prophet and not as a God or Son of God.

The Word Christian was also used as an Insult to the followers of Christ during this time period. The original Christians were actually labeled "Nazarenes" or "Nazranis" in the Semetic toungs.

Christ was a "Jew" or Hebrew of the Essene Jewish Community. Therefore this is the platform that he came from. The Essenes were pretty much a secret society of Jewish Ascetics and they are the ones allegaidly responsible for the Dead Sea Scrolls and other early Christian writings.

The Pauline Church also adopted a white supremacist outlook on Christianity.

My personal Conclusion is....

Modern Day Christianity stems from Political enterprise(From Constantine and others), Personal Views and whatever Mankind adopted to suite there needs. The cycle has repeated since this council for control of Christiandom. Many elements of the Christian Faith stem from older belief systems and this borrowing from other systems results in differences and metamorphasis of the Religion. People also integrate their personal necessities and views to suite there needs but remain "Christian"

People are taught to believe in a doctrine for whom evers personal views/agenda. People question the views. Somebody inevitably apposes the view/doctrine for whatever reason/agenda. This person presents a solution. War/Dispute/Seperation follows. A New sect is born and the cycle continues....

This website will not allow me to post reference links but the book Jesus Prophet of Islam is a great source aswell as wikipedia on any of the points mentioned in my response...
"Council of Nicaea"
"Pauline Christianity"
"Church of Arius"

.......Welcome to Destee.com nixprophet,

A couple of things, you are correct about posting links of any kind, however,when you reach 25 posts that restriction will be lifted. Since this is a Study Forum, more so than a debate format; we, or at least, I await you posting sources relied upon in support of your argument/position.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

Basically... Somebody always wants to be right nobody wants to be wrong and money/power is a major issue...

.......nixprophet, with these (18) words, you've said more in this one sentence than all of what you've stated in your initial post; its a wrap...nothing more needs to be said, in my opinion...Peace In,

Question: "Why are there so many Christian denominations?"

What is a believer to do? Should we ignore denominations, should we just not go to church and worship on our own at home? The answer to both questions is no. What we should be seeking is a body of believers where the Gospel of Christ is preached, where you as an individual can have a personal relationship with the Lord, where you can join in Biblical ministries that are spreading the Gospel and glorifying God. Church is important and all believers need to belong to a body that fits the above criteria. We need relationships that can only be found in the body of believers, we need the support that only the church can offer, and we need to serve God in community as well as individually. Pick a church on the basis of its relationship to Christ, how well it is serving the community. Pick a church where the pastor is preaching the Gospel without fear and is encouraged to do so. Christ and His church is all about your relationship to Him and to each other....

http://www.gotquestions.org/denominations-Christian.html

Discussions with my Friend: An Introduction to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
By David Stewart
Return to Table of Contents
Chapter 13: Finding Truth through Prayer and the Holy Spirit

Denominational Claims to Divine Truth
Historically, religious practices have more often been determined by interpretation than by primary scriptural sources. Christianity has been taught and understood very differently by the crusader, the medieval inquisitor, the reformer, the counter-reformationist, and the adherents of various modern sectarian denominations, yet none of them match the organization, practices, and teachings of the New Testament church.. The typical Christian church today is dramatically different from the Christianity of one hundred, five hundred, or a thousand years ago, although the Bible has not changed. One may believe that Jesus was the son of God, but this does not demonstrate that the Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical, Methodist, or other Christian offshoots are His Church! It is therefore necessary for those who seek to follow Christ to seek spiritual confirmation not merely of the Bible as scripture, but of the specific organization to which they adhere or consider joining.

Increasing numbers of churches have dropped sectarian labels and have designated themselves as "non-denominational" or generic Christian churches, suggesting that belief in the inspiration of the Bible alone confirms their truth. In this manner, they attempt to circumvent parishioners from seeking divine confirmation of their own organizational structure and denominational teachings while avoiding consideration of nearly two thousand years of sectarian confusion since the death of the apostles. Yet all rely on post-Biblical creeds and interpretations. "Non-denominational" churches are merely the result of sectarian churches dropping denominational labels and making forms of worship more generic, and not a tabula rasa reconstitution of biblical Christianity derived from study of scripture alone. These Churches do not claim to be led by living apostles or other representatives of Christ, and therefore are directed by leaders without direct connection to Him. It is therefore just as necessary to seek divine confirmation of so-called "non-denominational' or generic "Christian" churches as any of the denominational faiths.

It is instructive to consider the manner in which different religious faiths have sought to attract new adherents, and the grounds upon which they claim that others should accept their teachings and authority. ....

...http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target=outreach_articles&story_id=60

Peace and Blessings Family,

Why are there so many divisions in Christianity ... like Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, etc.?

Which one was first?

Are the ones that came after the first, considered any less "Christian" than the first?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee
Because, from it's inception, there was no single church or denomination. There was no single point of origin.

Peace and Blessings Family,

Why are there so many divisions in Christianity ... like Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, etc.?

Which one was first?

Are the ones that came after the first, considered any less "Christian" than the first?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Differences in biblical and doctrinal interpretations.

First major split in Christianity after the Roman Catholic Church (hereafter referred to as RCC) killed off a number of "heretic" sects occurred between Western Christianity and Eastern Orthodox.

Second major split occurred between the RCC and Protestantism. Protestanism further fractured into other groups.

There have always been smaller splinter groups such as the Albegensians and the Donatists.

I would also like to remind that Christianity began as a splinter sect of Judaism.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back