Black People : WHY SISTERS FLAUNT THEIR BODIES?

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
One day when I was in my 30's while riding my bike down the street, I literally had to stop my bike, get off it and start walking. Why? Well for one thing, it was really warm outside and the sisters were wearing it for real! What I should have said is that "they weren't wearing it, almost at all! I didn't want to crash into anybody because of being distracted by them so I got off my bike and started walking it. There were thick thighs, booty and breast everywhere! The streets were like a walking smorgasboard of beauty at its best!! Pretty soon I just stood in one spot and went into girl watching mode because to not do so would have given me whiplash from constantly turning my head every 20 seconds. After about 10 minutes of this, I saw an elder sister who was about 80 years old....and despite the fact that it was hot outside, she looked pretty cool to me. She had on all white and I could see what little breeze there was being caught by the white light clothes she was wearing.

What I didn't know at the time was that she had been watching me watching all the sisters as they strutted their stuff down the street leaving nothing to the imagination. Feeling a little embarrassed at being caught oogling at all the sisters strutting, I turned to her and asked her; "Why do these women dress the way that they dress"? Her answer not only blew my mind but caused me at that early time in my life to begin re-evaluating myself as a man and what was important to me. She stated that; "WOMEN DRESS LIKE THAT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT MOST MEN CAN SEE BETTER THAN THEY CAN THINK"! Later in life I saw the movie "Players Club" and at the end of the movie where they are in the shoe store, the sister who was raped and beaten was asking the younger sisters what club they were going to be working in? I don't remember their answer but I remember them saying; "Girl, we gonna use what we got to get what we want"! The sister who had been beaten and raped looked at them and said; "WELL IF THAT'S ALL YOU GOT YOU SURE DON'T WANT MUCH".

It reminded me of a time when I was in my teens and I was fishing and an older brother came over to me and said; "What you fishing for"? I said in my ignorance, "I don't know, I'm just fishing". He looked at me and said; "Well what kind of bait are you using"? I said; What kind of bait am I using"? He said: Yeah, what kind of bait are you using...the kind of bait you're using is going to determine what kind of fish you're trynna catch."
So now all of this brings me back to the present as I came to realize that when we buy milk, we really don't want the carton, we want what's in the carton...regardless of how good the carton looks and how much it attracts us...we really want what's in the carton. That beautiful wrapping on the Christmas gift attracts us and we can't wait to tear off the beautiful wrappings to get inside to the gift...which may be good or bad, we don't know...all we know is that the beautiful wrapping caught our attention and made us want to unwrap it.

So what's the lesson here? "If it's a quality man you're looking for, then be careful of the kind of bait that you're using to fish with! To my brothers, remember; "As men we may be visual creatures but we have to learn to get beyond the package, the carton and the illusion of what we see so that we will know if the gift is good, if the milk is sour or if what we see on the outside is an equal reflection of what is on the inside"...because the reality is that most sisters do dress the way that they dress because they know that most men can see better than we can think!
PEACE

...because the reality is that most sisters do dress the way that they dress because they know that most men can see better than we can think!

I read your whole post; believe me. Just this, I wanted to comment on.​

I believe it's true to some degree, in that, women do dress that way to catch men and get what they want out of them. I never dressed as revealing as you described those women, but I have dressed to impress the guys, just because I could. But I've long since quit that nonsense.

I don't know if I'd say it's because men see better than they can think, though. I always thought men went along with it because they got enjoyment out of it; willingly going for eye candy because it's there. But you're a man, you'd know yourself. Another reason I'd never say that is because I have a daddy, and brothers, who'd probably say I was being biased toward men, just because I, a woman, said it. :lol:

And you're right, whatever we're using to catch a man, we should expect a reflection of what we used, yeah? Trashy wear is going to attract men that'll likely treat you like trash, while classy and modest will more often pull in a modest fellow, I believe.

Interesting post.

I read your whole post; believe me. Just this, I wanted to comment on.​

I believe it's true to some degree, in that, women do dress that way to catch men and get what they want out of them. I never dressed as revealing as you described those women, but I have dressed to impress the guys, just because I could. But I've long since quit that nonsense.

I don't know if I'd say it's because men see better than they can think, though. I always thought men went along with it because they got enjoyment out of it; willingly going for eye candy because it's there. But you're a man, you'd know yourself. Another reason I'd never say that is because I have a daddy, and brothers, who'd probably say I was being biased toward men, just because I, a woman, said it. :lol:

And you're right, whatever we're using to catch a man, we should expect a reflection of what we used, yeah? Trashy wear is going to attract men that'll likely treat you like trash, while classy and modest will more often pull in a modest fellow, I believe.

Interesting post.

Well since you have a daddy, maybe you need to have a heart to heart with him, cause if he's a man with two eyes, what I wrote does apply. At no time do we see a banging Sister and say to our self: "Oh, I bet she has a real nice personality or I bet she's a good Sister"...come off it Sis!:lol:

Well since you have a daddy, maybe you need to have a heart to heart with him, cause if he's a man with two eyes, what I wrote does apply. At no time do we see a banging Sister and say to our self: "Oh, I bet she has a real nice personality or I bet she's a good Sister"...come off it Sis!:lol:

:p Read again; I didn't say men were looking at our personalities when they see how revealing we dress at times; I was saying, I thought men were thinking more to it than just that! As in, "I know the game she's playing, I'll go along with it because...it's a win for me if I score!".

I know very well how my daddy acted in his youth; he's been honest about it, but he made it clear he knew all of what he was doing when he saw these women. Didn't seem like he couldn't think better than he could see, just seemed like he didn't care to think because of what he saw. Ya know, kinda like, he was playing dumb just to get what he wanted? At least, that's how I viewed it.:confused:

black women do what they do because of a LACK of leadership from MEN. it's not even about women.
when black men step up to their rightful place it will all be gravy.
until that time i see no benefit in a critique of the sisters.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back