Black Spirituality Religion : Why People Continue To Believe Christianity

Slowly said:
Because they take it a line at a time and you shouldn't do that. If you add the 10 lines before and after it will turn into a question.
Sistah Khnumet, you don't mind if I interrupt your thread for a second, do you! (Smile)

Alright, now a question for Slowly:

Read the following "Bible" selection please...

Matthew 22 - Talking about the Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11"But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.

13"Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

NOW READ VERSE 14...

14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."
Now based on what you said in the previous post, do you mean to tell me that Verse 14 has something to do with the previous 13 verses? Or is it not right, and should be read/recognized line-by-line?

Better yet - if they are sequential, Why does the whole "Bible" have numbers by the scriptures in the first place, if it is not to be read line-by-line?

Just curious. Answer as you please.

KD

ello Kobena, good to see you.

Slowly, here is the entire chapter, There is nothing in it which suggests that verse 16 is a question. He does not begin to ask questions until verse 17 but by then he has already let the cat out of the bag. Once a man admits to telling lies can he come back and say he lied about that but now he will tell the truth?

river said:
Why does reading the bible have such an adverse effecct on people's reading comprehension skills?
It is a requirement of that christianity cult. Otherwise they would recognize that "The Word of God" is only the first five books (Torah, Penteteusch, Books of Moses), and all the rest are recounts of the way that the Word was/is ignored. And that all this "new testament" stuff is an even further "Falling Away From Grace". But why let a silly little thing like truth/facts/honesty get in the way of mind control?

Rhetorically, he asked, "How can there be a "New Covenant" without a new creation? How would you feel if your "only begotten son" set out to convince everybody to stop paying attention to "your" rules and established a set of his own?"

Cedric Denson said:
Sistah Khnumet, you don't mind if I interrupt your thread for a second, do you! (Smile)

Alright, now a question for Slowly:

Read the following "Bible" selection please...
Matthew 22 - Talking about the Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4"Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'

5"But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8"Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.' 10So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11"But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12'Friend,' he asked, 'how did you get in here without wedding clothes?' The man was speechless.

13"Then the king told the attendants, 'Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

NOW READ VERSE 14...

14"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

Now based on what you said in the previous post, do you mean to tell me that Verse 14 has something to do with the previous 13 verses? Or is it not right, and should be read/recognized line-by-line?

Better yet - if they are sequential, Why does the whole "Bible" have numbers by the scriptures in the first place, if it is not to be read line-by-line?

Just curious. Answer as you please.

KD
Oh, drat! <sigh> Oh, Kobena; I would so much wish that you meant to say "nothing" instead of "something"?

Verse 14 would be the "moral" to this parable, and ties oh so exactly into what I was just saying in my previous post. In fact, this particular parable is exactly what happened that allowed/required a "new testament" in the first place! "In my Father's House are many Mansions", but everybody seems to be so content to "stand and the door and knock" rather than to come in. (And, yeah; I'd be the guy that is "dressed wrong" for this modern day christianity cult! And I LIKE it!!)

(OK, I'll come out of the closet, here: I got introduced in the second grade and it all made sense to me from the first. So much so, that I was "called" to "minister" to His Children that have been cast out (into the mean streets of today). No, I'm not the least bit interested in "bringing them to the chruch ... er .. "church", but to remind them that "God would not bring on nothing that God hadn't prepared them to stand up to/deal with". I've encountered folks that were completely at the end of their rope and just knew that they couldn't go on. Between us, they came/come to realize that that strength that keeps them from going ballistic, rather than feeling like being crushed under it all, IS the Truth of themSelves. I don't ever seek to "fix their problems", and don't/won't, but remind them that they have the strength to continue to deal with the mess. And, generally, they turn around and look at the same mess that they were crushing under, notice that it has gotten a bit heavier, and go right back into it singing!! (yes, "singing", not "swinging".) It is a truly good feeling when they get there ... for both of us!! 22 years of this stuff! Ain't gonna change a thing about it, either!)

(Oh, and lest you find conflict with this, and my stance regarding "religion": One of the things that I have noticed, as I cruise around the many rooms of Father's Mansion, is that that Mansion exists within a realm; it is not the entirety of the Realm. There is an "outside" to this box too!)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back