Black Spirituality Religion : Why Our People Won't Embrace Their Own Heritage

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I was not too long ago made aware of a powerful roadblock to our people accepting the truth about our African spiritual heritage and choosing instead to cling to the faulty religions of their slavemasters.

I can show a christian all the contradictions in the bible. I can delineate the abuses of preachers and churches. I can expound the beauties of African spirituality and point out the embarrassing extent to which christianity has borrowed from kemet. The answer invariably is "Yeah but I still got to go to church. I know all you say is true but it's still important to fellowship."

What can I say? I'm offering truth but in their eyes it is mere information without a social context. What can I do? I don't have a place with a group of people I can take them to so they can see African spirituality in action. What will it take to abandon one's whole social matrix to embrace something out of a book?

Truth is for the brokenhearted. True spirituality is for those who find no comfort in the material of the world's lies. You have to have eyes to suffer. Your eyes have to be wide open to feel pain. Their eyes are wide shut and sleep's the only freedom they know.

But we can't change African spirituality to make it appeal to the comfortable sleeping masses. In so doing we twist it around so that it becomes just another manifestation of the matrix. If we could let the truth stand aloof and instead prepare our minds we will eventually rise to that truth.

river said:
I was not too long ago made aware of a powerful roadblock to our people accepting the truth about our African spiritual heritage and choosing instead to cling to the faulty religions of their slavemasters.

I can show a christian all the contradictions in the bible. I can delineate the abuses of preachers and churches. I can expound the beauties of African spirituality and point out the embarrassing extent to which christianity has borrowed from kemet. The answer invariably is "Yeah but I still got to go to church. I know all you say is true but it's still important to fellowship."

What can I say? I'm offering truth but in their eyes it is mere information without a social context. What can I do? I don't have a place with a group of people I can take them to so they can see African spirituality in action. What will it take to abandon one's whole social matrix to embrace something out of a book?

Truth is for the brokenhearted. True spirituality is for those who find no comfort in the material of the world's lies. You have to have eyes to suffer. Your eyes have to be wide open to feel pain. Their eyes are wide shut and sleep's the only freedom they know.

But we can't change African spirituality to make it appeal to the comfortable sleeping masses. In so doing we twist it around so that it becomes just another manifestation of the matrix. If we could let the truth stand aloof and instead prepare our minds we will eventually rise to that truth.

After watching Sankofa this question came to mind.
Also why are there Africans that are catholic if they know the origin of this religion.They must have known!
We have African nuns and priest where I work.
Why?

I think one of the most important reasons is, it's not popular. IMO, there are much better religious practices and faiths than Christainity (since it's the most popular religion amongst black people), but Christianity allows our people to worship soley by using our emotions (which we know we love to do) instead of our brains. Christianity also scares people into worship by telling them if they don't, they will go to hell. So on one hand they might see all the contradictions in the bible, but they still fear that if they are wrong, they are worshiping a false god, then they'll burn eternally in hell. Also, Christianity teaches that anything other than worshiping the bible and Jesus Christ, is satanic. Plus, all the Christains in their family, friends and fellow church goers will talk about how they lost their "faith". You know black people don't like being the odd one in the group. I also think that the fact that we're not brought up in African spirituality plays an important role. Most black people don't identify with Africa at all, so why would they worship based on African spirituality? Even if someone turns them on to it, it's still foreign if you compare the amount of time they've been brainwashed by Christianity. It's not in our nature to do so, since we were born, raised and brainwashed by this society.

Just remember one thing when you notice all the zombies of Jesus and GODless religions, GOD determined it all. I know we would like to see all of our brothers and sister do the right thing and be saved and become righteous in the Eyes of GOD. But as GOD has determined all of this started with rebels and it is the rebels that HE is purging through Jesus, Gabriel, Mohamed, Apostles and any other Host of Heaven HE has created to do a Works.

Isa 8:
14: And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15: And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.

When the Host comes to take them, they will actually believe they are going to a good place, only because they have allowed themselves to be blinded to GOD.

Good Afternoon Miss River

river said:

Miss River
Can you explain the diffrent between the African spiritual heritage culture, And the spiritual heritage / cultures Of the diffrent religion such as , Christian / Judaism / Islam Etc etc . The reason I ask this question because Every organization that deal in some type of belief system say they have the truth . And all other are false . Just wondering your take on this . Thank you for your help .

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back