The Front Porch : Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?

I'm trying to once again become a premium member but you all won't take my money.:mad:

I think I know what the problem was,My email now is different,Hopefully you'll get back with me to tell me what to do. I've already updated my email,I'm thinking you can run the info again. Just let a brutha know.:cool:

Hey Brother Enki ... :love: ... Thank you for trying!

I have gone ahead and "fronted" you the Premium Membership, as i'm honored to lay claim to the gift! :D

Try going here ... Upgrade Account ... and see if it will allow you to finish the process.

I've not received any error attempts, notices, anything ... but will let you know as soon as i do!

Thank you so much!

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Hey Brother Enki ... :love: ... Thank you for trying!

I have gone ahead and "fronted" you the Premium Membership, as i'm honored to lay claim to the gift! :D

Try going here ... Upgrade Account ... and see if it will allow you to finish the process.

I've not received any error attempts, notices, anything ... but will let you know as soon as i do!

Thank you so much!

Love You! :grouphug:

Destee
I went and made sure everything was updated. I just love that Afro of yours sista in your avatar. Just call me sentimental:)

You may have to re-think this Premier membership thingy Destee. Ask yourself: is it quantity you want or quality? Are you looking for quality posters or are you looking for Destee.com to be overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other?

If you want quality posters of just a few members then you go for premium membership. However, if you want this place to be like a the former Black planet, Nairaland.com and Ghanaweb which are portals overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other then you have to consider scraping premium membership.

In fact opening up the website will in the end make you more money than Premier membership. Because the added traffic raises the value of this website as well as the revenue gained from Google AdSense and other money making schemes that go with a high traffic website.

Consider the fact that a website like yahoo.com doesn't charge a penny from the people who use its e-mail and other services it provides for the public but at the same time yahoo.com makes millions of dollars in profit annually. They make money from the high traffic to their site.

In short, profit is in building this site to attract more people not in premium membership. Premier membership is wasting your time. Think about it again please!

Brother Energy ... thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

You may not realize that your suggestions come at a very interesting point in our existence.

This thread started 7 years ago, launching Premium Membership, was preceded by 7 years of free.

Based on our experience, neither have "made money", nor has that been our primary goal.

What works for one site, may not work for another, as there are so many factors at play.

Folk have often referenced other sites, comparing us to them, and while we're out here with them ... i really don't compare us to them. We're so different, in my opinion. Such talk reminds me of when i was a child. In my Mother's house, we could never come running in, talking about what Sissy and Bucky had down the street. Like, for example, if they got a new bike, it did not mean that my Mother would immediately get me one. In fact, we were discouraged from running in even begging her for what the folk down the street had. It just wasn't done. We would be happy for them, excited with them, ooouuu and ahhhh with them, and wait for when God (our Momma) blessed us in like manner, should it come to be. This probably plays a part in why i don't compare us to others. We are different, unique to us, as they are to them.

While the above factors in, all things must be considered, including your (all) suggestions.

We're blessed with 7 years at both ends, all of its experience, and the start of a new 7 before us.

I'm encouraged, appreciate you sharing with me, and look forward to all the future holds.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Greetings Energy! A concern of mine is that Destee.com has a direct focus on Black people, therefore, it would be our mission to be fully funded by US as outside funds increases outside influence. These companies you listed are profit seekers and Destee.com has a mission directly linked to the upliftment of our people, and our people only. I confidently say that the Mother of this house would prefer to keep OUR business OUR business...and allowing others into the mix by way of funding, gives them a voice in how we do things, as we just experienced resulting with the newly, expanded software we see today, albeit a great move overall gaining additional features and opportunities to grow our network, the fact is that when your funding source includes those outside of your mission, your foundation has a compromising factor.

To add, I believe that the goal is to have all members vested in the vision of this site, so gaining thousands of more people who are not vested, would hurt us...see the difference is that those other sites are not institutions they are for profit companies/corporations...and this site is a Black institution, black owned and operated with a goal to be exclusively funded by Black people. More is offered to us than just networking...much, much more;).

Blessings!

Hey Sister Proverbs31Woman ... :wave:

Thank you for your love, but i don't know exactly what a Black Institution is, or if i'd call us that.

Since i don't know what it is, i'd not say another site isn't that, for they very well could be.

In fact, I don't say too much about any other site or endeavor, where Black Folk are trying to make stuff happen. It's so hard, that if they can manifest any semblance of success, they should be encouraged.

We are For, By, and About Black People, which means rocky road, ebbs, flows, highs, and lows.

All cute, hair in place, at the beginning of the rollercoaster ride, and way different at the end! :)

My point is ... the experience forces change ... in ways that were not easily imaginable.

I often reference the "Energy of Us" ... greater than any one of us, controlled by no one of us.

Wait ... what was the topic again?!!! ... :D ... i think i'm rambling.

Let me end by saying ... I LOVE YOU ... and appreciate your help in keeping us alive ... :grouphug:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back