The Front Porch : Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

y'all got my vote!

I'm going to holla at the wife and get her "authorization" to support, lol. naw, we just have an understanding. but she loves poetry and i'm sure she's going to be joining too, as soon as she visits. (she's sleep right now)

look out for my money to be coming through soon.

also, i have a suggestion--don't know if anyone's suggested it--but i'm sure there are lots of struggling poets here who have product. why not open a "destee store"? you could offer everyone's product for, say 25-40% of the total price. the poets would reach a greater audience, and you would make money off of every sale? man, i'm telling you, you got a serious audience here!

peace! looking forward to reading more poetry!

Welcome to Destee.com HSF Moe,

You are right on the money HSF Moe, in more ways than one, for real. Follow this link to the StoreFront that's here...Peace In:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=627892&postcount=177

If I can be of any assistance, just holler!

y'all got my vote!

I'm going to holla at the wife and get her "authorization" to support, lol. naw, we just have an understanding. but she loves poetry and i'm sure she's going to be joining too, as soon as she visits. (she's sleep right now)

look out for my money to be coming through soon.

also, i have a suggestion--don't know if anyone's suggested it--but i'm sure there are lots of struggling poets here who have product. why not open a "destee store"? you could offer everyone's product for, say 25-40% of the total price. the poets would reach a greater audience, and you would make money off of every sale? man, i'm telling you, you got a serious audience here!

peace! looking forward to reading more poetry!

Happy to hear you will be joining as an premium member and thank you
for the suggestion we kinda have something like that check it out !

peace n' harmony brother

I'm trying to once again become a premium member but you all won't take my money.:mad:

I think I know what the problem was,My email now is different,Hopefully you'll get back with me to tell me what to do. I've already updated my email,I'm thinking you can run the info again. Just let a brutha know.:cool:

Hello Family,

The launch of our "Premium Membership" is a major change in our community. It will help us better serve the Family in the future, if you'd share why, or why you are not, becoming a "Premium Member."

For example, if you are not going to join us as a "Premium Member," is it because ...

- can't afford the monthly due
- it's not worth paying for
- can find better at another site, for less or free
- something completely different (please share)

If you are going to join us (or have) as a "Premium Member," is it because ... (whatever you'd like to say.)

These are just examples, please feel free to share your own thoughts. Thanks Family.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

You may have to re-think this Premier membership thingy Destee. Ask yourself: is it quantity you want or quality? Are you looking for quality posters or are you looking for Destee.com to be overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other?

If you want quality posters of just a few members then you go for premium membership. However, if you want this place to be like a the former Black planet, Nairaland.com and Ghanaweb which are portals overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other then you have to consider scraping premium membership.

In fact opening up the website will in the end make you more money than Premier membership. Because the added traffic raises the value of this website as well as the revenue gained from Google AdSense and other money making schemes that go with a high traffic website.

Consider the fact that a website like yahoo.com doesn't charge a penny from the people who use its e-mail and other services it provides for the public but at the same time yahoo.com makes millions of dollars in profit annually. They make money from the high traffic to their site.

In short, profit is in building this site to attract more people not in premium membership. Premier membership is wasting your time. Think about it again please!

You may have to re-think this Premier membership thingy Destee. Ask yourself: is it quantity you want or quality? Are you looking for quality posters or are you looking for Destee.com to be overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other?

If you want quality posters of just a few members then you go for premium membership. However, if you want this place to be like a the former Black planet, Nairaland.com and Ghanaweb which are portals overflowing with thousands of black people interacting with each other then you have to consider scraping premium membership.

In fact opening up the website will in the end make you more money than Premier membership. Because the added traffic raises the value of this website as well as the revenue gained from Google AdSense and other money making schemes that go with a high traffic website.

Consider the fact that a website like yahoo.com doesn't charge a penny from the people who use its e-mail and other services it provides for the public but at the same time yahoo.com makes millions of dollars in profit annually. They make money from the high traffic to their site.

In short, profit is in building this site to attract more people not in premium membership. Premier membership is wasting your time. Think about it again please!

Greetings Energy! A concern of mine is that Destee.com has a direct focus on Black people, therefore, it would be our mission to be fully funded by US as outside funds increases outside influence. These companies you listed are profit seekers and Destee.com has a mission directly linked to the upliftment of our people, and our people only. I confidently say that the Mother of this house would prefer to keep OUR business OUR business...and allowing others into the mix by way of funding, gives them a voice in how we do things, as we just experienced resulting with the newly, expanded software we see today, albeit a great move overall gaining additional features and opportunities to grow our network, the fact is that when your funding source includes those outside of your mission, your foundation has a compromising factor.

To add, I believe that the goal is to have all members vested in the vision of this site, so gaining thousands of more people who are not vested, would hurt us...see the difference is that those other sites are not institutions they are for profit companies/corporations...and this site is a Black institution, black owned and operated with a goal to be exclusively funded by Black people. More is offered to us than just networking...much, much more;).

Blessings!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back