The Front Porch : Why or Why Aren't You - Becoming A Premium Member?

The Facts is we are to support each other to grow together
and unite as one with unity , i never felt it was to pay for the use of a site
but to rise over the myth that we can't come as one and support our own
but we all love to take full advantage of what we share and offer this show
more and more how far apart we really are .....wake up for it's not the morals
of paying for the use but the facts of supporting what we have and to keep it
(Quote)
TOGETHER WE STAND STRONG AS PEOPLE DIVIDED WE FALL BY THE WASTE SIDE
INTO THE CONTINUE STRUGGLE WE FELT MANY YEARS BUT EVERY HAND CHANGE
THE OUT LOOK AND BONDING AS PEOPLE TO RISE ABOVE THE MYTH BY
SUPPORTING OUR PEOPLE , MAKE THAT CHANGE AND BE A BLACK SUPPORTER.
DRB...

Yeah, Yeah. I hear all this 'love talk' about 'togetherness','family', and 'supporting each other', etc...., but all this started because I put a simple link at the bottom of my posts. And it comes to a head because I give you honest criticism; things that I myself have to grapple with as a site admin. I say one thing that you (not many of your members) percieve to be negative, and this is the result.....?

While I'm surprised that some of your members responded much more 'peacefully' than you, I am very much at odds that this is even an issue. Perhaps you should add this thread to the one about black boards failing. Because one thing all failing black boards have in common, is that they NEVER learn to truly support another site to build alliances and affiliations. And if you don't get rid of the crab syndrome, you will be apart of that pile. If I remember Destee was formed from the ashes of another board. It may help you by going back and looking that the mechanics to why that happened.

I am tempted here to layout my philosophy of my board, and how starkly different (I used to think we were much alike) it is from your philosphy Destee, but I will get you that respect and not do so.

Unfortunately, your actions have severed the potential alliance with another black entity that could have benefited you more than I. You have NO idea the things we could have achieve together. Just another sad example of two Black entities with so much promise, yet can't even come together.

I could go on about the incredible good that sites like us could do together, but it's clear my prose would be an utter waste here.

Best wishes to DesteeForum!

deb0 aka DBlack

deb0 ...let me asure you that this very site you standing in now was
built on the facts you don't know really about , it wasn't said from some
link or statement made we have build ourselves from togetherness/ love
peace and harmony to a community of what we have , Destee.com is
very supportive to other Black communities , destee.com have even
merge with other black sites all in unity as people brutha you seem to
have it really down wrong , surely every Board is run differently and maintain
best fit of Admin. your way may not suit here as to here may not suit else
where but this why we bond to reach this goal as people and become stronger
not buff about sites and payable scales , we fully understand your reasons
and facts and it's all well we all hold the freedom of speech rights we just ask
that all RULES be honored we very happy you here and sharing your free words, if you feel your talent is a waste here surely we honor that too that's
up to you to share or not here we not twisting any arms .
Thank you !

the quote stands as proof and visionalize true facts why we still down
as black people, I asure you the History of Destee.com has been fruitful
again thankz for your imput as i still urge you and anyone to be a backer
in support or supportive not to destee but the growth of our people.
PEACE brutha Deb0

While I'm surprised that some of your members responded much more 'peacefully' than you, I am very much at odds that this is even an issue. Perhaps you should add this thread to the one about black boards failing. Because one thing all failing black boards have in common, is that they NEVER learn to truly support another site to build alliances and affiliations. And if you don't get rid of the crab syndrome, you will be apart of that pile. If I remember Destee was formed from the ashes of another board. It may help you by going back and looking that the mechanics to why that happened.

And what pray tell did you (your site) ever intend to add to this one Debo? Furthermore comparing Destee.com to other news websites is like comparing apples to oranges, as we are not aware of the resources available to other sites. If a news site is run by a corporation, then obviously they would have a greater amount of funds to invest (or throw away) on it. If a website is run by a corporation, then they would have no adversion to advertisements. However both of these factors may not exist if a website is run by an individual. You accuse Destee of suffering from "crab syndrome" for trying to keep her website alive...when you seek to promote your ventures on said website. That is so hypocritical I'm surprised you felt no shame in writting it. I think you need to look at yourself in the mirror..."brother"!

P.S. True brothers & sisters don't mind supporting each other. If you don't want to support a sister, don't expect others to want to support you! Quite often you get exactly what you give!

Panafrica, you don't even know what you're talking about. You obviously chimed in without reading the entire thread, throwing cocktails when you didn't even give my posts a fair chance by reading them.

DESTEE HAS NO OFFICIAL RULE REGARDING THIS. GO TO YOUR RULES (WHEN IT WORKS AGAIN) TO VERIFY.

First of all, if me simply putting my website url along my alias is shameful, then I am guilty. As I stated in previous posts (which u didn't read), I would give the same courtesy to anyone that came to my forum. Why is that a problem? And why is the biggest board in the black community so defensive about a smalltime board admin doing this? I would NEVER act in away that I wouldn't reciprocate on my own site. Take a look at my site and you will see. Guess what? I adverstise other sites, Destee doesn't. I promote other sites, Destee doesn't. I even have a links directory where ANY site can post their link with a detailed description, Destee doesn't. So don't dare say I am shameful in my actions.

Don't dare accuse me of being a crab, or unwilling to support black sites, becaue In my 45days of existence, I openly support ALL black sites, and I ALWYS will. And you know why? Because I've been building sites for whites for years, and they don't have these childish rivalries. I want us to have a strong network of online communites out here like they do. The reasons that they survive has very little to do with money. Trust me on this. They quickly embrace and support each other, understanding that there is strength in cohesion. That's a major reason why their sites are much larger, and more successful. Don't you want that for you people? Or do you think your site, and your views are the only ones blacks should ever see? The only thing I ask of other Black forums is that they reciprocate the link. But I see here Destee doesn't provide links to other nonpaying sites, which his her choice. But don't dare come down on me sistah Panafrica, because I DO what I say and I support, for free, more black sites than you and destee are. How dare you!

So before you judge me, look at the words I say, and the site I put together, and if you truly have the heart you claim, you will see that I am a open, honest, fair, and loving brotha that has only the best intentions. I only had the best intentions in being a member of this forum, and instead, because I have some ambitions similar to Destee, I am rebuked while others get to post links.

Second, There is NO rule on this board saying I shouldn't do so. Destee decided to selectively apply such a rule. As a matter of fact, your Rules link doesn't even work.

Third, just like Destee, you are taking the post out of context. I am not comparing this board to a specific board or type of board. Again, what r u talking about? No one said anything about a news site run by a corporation. Again, what r u talking about?

When did I say I didn't support Destee? Again, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!! Stay on the sidelines if you can't contribute and intelligent argument. In all these posts, I never said I wouldn't support Destee. I just said that I woldn't pay money, and gave reasons why. That's what the thread is abot Panafrica. Pay attention!

And how have I promoted my ventures? HOw so? I challenged Destee to prove it by pulling all of my posts up, because she said that I was 'spamming' the site. Can you prove it? Of course not. This is just a sad case, blowing way out of proportion, because I have a site and so does Destee.

Go to my site and you will see: Not only have I already supported others FOR FREE, but I wanted to be a supportive part of Destee. But sadly Destee has thrown that in my face. So your statement is an outright lie. And you should apologize for butting in without equipping yourself by at least reading the previous posts. So yes, I look in the mirror, and what I see is me willing to do is expect the same from others as I expect from myself.

And again, you say you support each other, but with every additional post to rebuke my constructive criticism and answer to the question, you and others prove that you only support others that put money in your pocket, or when it's clearly beneficial to YOU.

Let me make a statement that I think I failed to do since the start:

Yu all can relax; I don't want to take any members from you. There are great people here, that's why this board is (or is it still) so great. The members. Hell, most of the best posts come from nonpaying members (which by your own statements, don't really support this board). So why wouldn't I want some of the members to visit my site? Why not? What's so wrong with that?
Again, if the URL posting at the bottom of my post is so 'rude' to your board, then I apologize. All I expect is for you POST your rules, and apply them consistently. Because I know you haven't. All I wanted is to 1)be a member of the biggest black board in the world, and 2)Have an affiliation with Destee, either formally or informally.

Instead I get a mean-spirited reaction from responding to a question Destee asked. There is an old saying. Don't ask a question, if you can't hadle the answer.

So Panafrica, while I respect your passionate allegiance to this board, do all of us a favor and read the thread before bumrushing the topic.

You know what, I am tired of the back and forth. It's clear to me that as long as people are in agreement out here; there is no strife. It's amazing what one response to an open question can bring.

My apologies to everyone, I didn't expect my experience here to come to this. In looking back, I regret that I ever answered the question in the first place. I should have known better.

While I love a good debate, this has become nothing more than a flamethrowing contest.

So again to those who feel like I disrespected your community, if reading tis entire thread doesn't make you see otherwise, nothing will. I just hope that someone was able to get something valuable out of this passionate Exchange. After all isn't that what the underlying goal of every thread?

puke:

D

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back