Black Spirituality Religion : Why of the twelve there are only two books in the bible

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Revcurley, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Revcurley

Revcurley New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to hear your response to why there are only two of the original twelve disciples books in the new testement.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I hate to dissappoint you, but it's even worse than that. The two that are in the bible were not even written by them. In fact, no one knows who the authors are of the four gospels, although there is great speculation. In fact, why stop there ? Almost all the books of the Bible are forgeries accredited to people who did not write them.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Consider the times. The Scriptures aren't by any means new, even the New testament, and many have had their reasons(be it greed or power, or what have you) for excluding that which was once apart of the Holy Doctrine.

Even so, just keep faith in the Most High and His Son, and believe what is before you in the Scriptures we do have, such as the Son being a sacrifice that we'd be salvaged, and His being resurrected from the dead. And keep in mind, we are to search that we might find, and his includes the wisdom of the prophets and disciples from back when. ;)

4. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,778
    Enuf Said!!!

5. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Well for one... a few of the "books" were blatantly copies of others within the so called "Bible".

If you look at Matthew, Mark, and Luke... I forget which two as I did my own bit of research on their writings a while back, but two of these writings had a few sections which were basically identical, if not almost word for word.

Not sure if this would suggest sampling of other's writings for purposes of expounding on the stories, or alternative versions of the same author's writings but masked under different namings... "Ghost Writer" of sorts.

Would have to use this question to dig more for an accurate thesis, but could be that all of the so called 12-13 disciples did write, and have some content within the so called "Bible", but never credited to them.

But again, will do some digging for further analysis

Respect

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

Very good UBNaturally, and here are some additional sources to consider as you dig for further analysis:

Books mentioned in the Bible that are not part of the "Today's Bible"
    http://www.answering-christianity.com/lost_books.htm

John 21:25

King James Version (KJV)
    25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 21:25&version=KJV

7. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    We don't know because we don't want to know, since thinking leads to conclusions and our findings my conflict with what we were led to believe, anyhow look up the Piso Family of Italy. Also know that the "New Testament" was written before the "Old Testament", sounds strange, well the nonsense that many of us believe is strange enough.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

On the Roman Piso Family:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/how-the-flavians-wrote-the-gospels.79332/#post-856823

9. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Seen and thanks for the easy-share.

As I perused the list, noticed that the so called "Book of Adam and Eve" were not there though, nor the book of Thomas, etc... makes one have to consider the thinking of those that did put together the compilation of books, as there are plenty of related books or writings that are not considered to be part of the "Canon".

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

Keep digging, and consider this reality in the process:

John 21:25

King James Version (KJV)
    25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.