Law Forum : Why No Comments About These Recent Cop Slayings!!!

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by chuck, Jul 7, 2016.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    The recent actions of law enforcement officers down south and out west does reveal that civilian oversite isn't being taken seriously...

fyi

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
  3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    With all due respect, what can be said that hasn't already been hashed around time and time again on this topic? At some point, you didn't know what was going on and wondered why something is happening. You want to see if anyone else is thinking like you so you discuss it, exchange ideas and information; you listen and learn. Then you reach a point of understanding or overstanding as some of us would say, then what? Keep repeating yourself about the same thing? How is that changing anything IF you're here to do more than just spout off what you think and do something about it? I'm just say'n . . . :10500:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  4. Damaris Sheldon

Damaris Sheldon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I personally feel Black Americans have actually become desensitized to this critical life altering issue due to the sheer numbers of us especially our Black men being assassinated in the name of public safety, my dad says in just about every case it appears that the men were either in the act of committing a crime, have just committed one or attempting to commit one or refused to immediately obey the police officers direct orders to cease & desist any further violent action or to fully submit to detainment, control or arrest, either way this is a hot button issue in our home & even my mom is starting to side with me, just last night after the Baton Rouge assassination which has to be the most sickening act of racial extermination she told my dad that he is no longer in the business & the next man could be him, skin tone notwithstanding, food for thought.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    Black folks havent become desensitized...we are tired...i know i am...

One love
    khasm

• True True x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :11100:get a new dad.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +189
    I personally just found out about this newest shooting. I'm here at work trying to hold it together. I don't think there is much more to discuss on the issue. We all know whats going on. What we need is a way to...A. recover from it. and B. prevent it from happening. What can we do besides complaining to everyone that cops are killing us? That doesnt seem to be working out very well does it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    VOTE. take control of local government. take control of the police.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +189
    Thats a good step but that will only work in areas where we outnumber everyone else. Also it doesnt address how we recover. The worst thing we can do is operate in survival mode instead of thriving mode. We have to keep moving forward.

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Sometimes, the mental exercise alone that comes from constantly thinking about racism and racists can be draining and make you very tired. It's not that we are a weak people, some of us are just very tired of the struggle and the daily battles.

Lack of hope, despair and frustration takes a toll on you mentally and emotionally. We thought leaving the plantation and all that it represented after being "freed" was as simple as walking away. Just walk away and everything would be alright. Ha! Little did we know that we were carrying a dis-ease that would haunt us and cripple us for generations to come. We took massa's name, with took his culture, his religion, his language and his thoughts about us. All of that is folding in on us unless we find a way to truly break the chains of bondage. I know, Kenny, you ain't never been a slave in chains. *sigh*

Bro. James -- Vote . . . yes, a move in the right direction but only IF people running for office represent and support our causes. We have to cultivate those people.

We have to also do more to CHANGE a messed up political system that boxes you in no matter where you turn. Trump vs. Hillary? :mad:

Today, I'm feeling tired too, Bro. Khasm...tired and frustrated and pissed. Somehow I get the feeling that this must be how women who are raped must feel...very messed up, indeed.

But the fight continues and the battle rages on . . .best I can do is keep moving forward one step at a time . . .:bye: