Black Poetry : Why man Why?

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Stormy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Tell me, how can you call me everyday text me like we are bff's then drop me quick like omg? Why man why? I write you, you dont, I call you wont. Why man why? Everytime you call me you want me to constantly give but when I ask you to give some of your time in return, you come up with every excuse on earth and that mankind has dealt. Why man why? If you say that all I need to do is ask of you cause you cant read my mind, so why when I ask you play hide and seek. Why man why? You drop me a line to let me know that you are going through tuff times and I have told you I will be by your side but yet you still run and hide. Why man why? You know Im your friend to the end through the thick and thin, first as your friend, then your homie lover friend, so why cant you just be honest with me and stop pushing me away black man. Why man why?
    :peace:

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    Why you let a man treat you that way? Why don't you value yourself more than that? Why are you dating men when you clearly don't have the maturity to handle a relationship?

3. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    sometimes we as women don't want to look at the picture. they say a picture tells a thousand words. from what you are describing the love isn't their anymore. something along the way killed the relationship, and therefore frustration is a part of the theme. it's hard walking away from someone who you trusted, and time after given your all. i've learned that things that can't be fixed or broken are to remain broken. i promise myself to not compromise who i am or what I stand for just so I can have a warm body laying next to me. you wake up everyday with the same problem. i say my beautiful, black sister is you need to breathe.......

4. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Ok first of all people get a grip, ITS JUST A POEM. Not everything that poeple write are about thier life experiences. Clearly bootzey you want to judge people without evaluating the situation at hand. Bootzey you are immature for telling someone that they are immautre to date men and handle a relationship. And FYI, I have been strong in a relationship going on eleven years in Nov. Im with my kids dad! Not that I had to explain that to you. And yes I do love myself, if I didnt I would hate myself and all that all I do and have, and I love me!
    :whip:

5. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Well said Nevar, clearly you were mature enough to understand what the poem meant. So to just clarify since this was under black relationships, black men and women have gotten so comfortable in thier relationships that they begain to take one another for granted and have just become comfortable with thier relationship. Maturity to handle a man does not have anything to do with becoming comfortable and a womans heart. The poem is talking about a black man pushing away from his woman when he has problems.

6. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    You are very immature and dont realize what you are reading, I am appalled at your insinuating innuendo's. Just because you may like women that's your MO, but dont suggest and judge others that they may not be mature enough to date a man when you clearly dont know whats going on. Your reply bothered me because you have no clue, get a life!

7. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Time to find

another man

Never question abuse,

and never sit there and just take it

8. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I dont quite understand what abuse you speak of in this peom? Another man?

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister Stormy .... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

ahhhhhhh ... it's a poem !!! ... Whew !!! ... see, we didn't know that! ... :look:

You posted this thread in the Black Relationships (Discussion) Forum ... and not in the Poetry Forum.

So most, myself included, initially thought you were sharing the situation and asking for relationship opinion / advice.

It was an honest mistake on everyone's part, and i've moved this thread to the Poetry Forum, so you can get proper responses.

It's all good Sister ... don't hold it against us ... and please make yourself at home, because you are!

Ohhhhh ... and BEAUTIFUL POETRY by the way ... Thanks for Sharing!!! :grouphug:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

10. Stormy

Stormy Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    sorry bout that but thanks for the welcome, thanks for the compliments.