Black Spirituality Religion : Why look to Biblical Proverbs When They are Haphazardly Copied From Our Own???

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    I have made the claim before that much of the Bible is simply copied from our Kemetic ancestors, but it is often hard for people to understand until they see for themselves. Therefore, I have compiled a short list of examples from Proverbs and how it was copied mostly from the "Instructions of Amenemope (Amenhotep)". There are some sections of Proverbs that come from other Kemetic sources, but that would take too much space to demonstrate.

A few things in particular to take note of:

1) The order of which the Biblical Proverbs makes no sense, and was obviously haphazardly copied. For instance, there are 30 chapters to Amenemope's instructions, and likewise the 30th chapter states "Mark for yourself these thirty chapters". However, the Bible copies this verse and places it in the middle of the chapter in Proverbs 22:20 when there were instructions that followed.

2) The last example I give with Proverbs 24:12 talks of "he who weighs the heart". This is borrowed from Kemetic cosmology where Tehuti/Thoth weighs the heart of those who die on the balance (scales) against a feather to ensure that those who enter the afterlife do not with a "heavy heart".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3) If you read the paired verses, they mean exactly the same thing, but only worded slightly differently (as to be expected). We must remember that the Bible is a translation of some translation of a many line of translations that was an interpretation of a translation that was passed extensively by oral traditions. Therefore, the verbage in the Bible has been massaged greatly, so would not match the Kemetic exactly...let alone being translated from 2 totally different languages.​

When perusing this short compilation of examples it may have been a coincidence for 2 or 3 of them, but this is actually a short list so all of these illustrated cannot be mere coincidence. Furthermore, I have not even demonstrated other parts of Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Psalm, Isaiah, identical precepts in the New Testament, amongst other things. Also, keep in mind that none of the Bible can be verified earlier than the 3rd century BCE, where these Kemetic writings predate the Bible by thousands of years.

Lastly before looking at these examples, it was not constructed to take shots at anyone's faith. I would like people to see some of the wisdom present with our ancestors before we were exposed to the Bible and Qur'an. And of course, you can verify the examples for yourself. One thing to note is that the "Instructions of Amenemope" is from the later dynasties of Kemet, however, all the instructions can be found in earlier instructions millenia earlier from which it was preserved...

[TABLE COMPARING "INSTRUCTIONS OF AMENEMOPE" TO PROVERBS]

[​IMG]

Searchable Bible: http://www.biblegateway.com

Instructions of Amenemope translation: http://www.touregypt.net/instructionofamenemope.htm

2. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    How can anyone claim the Bible to be the "word of God" when it has been obviously pillaged from the Nile Valley Africans?

3. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Can I respond to this or would you prefer me to not post in your thread, it is your call?

4. ShemsiEnTehuti

Ratings:
    +32
    Like I said in the last thread I wrote to you. I personally don't have a problem with you. I think that you are a very knowledgeable brother that we all could learn something from. It is just when you start going off topic, accusing people of hidden agenda or affiliation, and the like. So your comments are always welcome in my threads or directed to my posts.

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Thank you for allowing me to respond. You are an outstanding member of the community and I also thank you for the nice comments.

Now, I am not arguing or debating but all I am going to do is ask you a basic question that will challenge the logic of what you present. It will be the exact same question you asked but from another perspective.

O.K.

This is your question…….
    Now I am going to ask you the same question but from a different perspective while changing just a few words….

How can anyone claim Kemet Theology when it has been obviously pillaged from Dogon Theology a peoples who’s Theology is proven to outdate Egyptian Theology?

Now do you see the logical problem with trying to destroy one facet of ancient doctrine?
    You can not prejudice yourself against any ancient religious doctrine. You have to except and believe in ALL of it but place it in its correct perspective as rather or not it represents good or evil.

African philosophy remains African no matter what book it is in. Furthermore you took Proverbs that does not have the Specific Word of GOD and used it to make a judgment on the Specific Word of GOD.

None of the passages you presented say “Thus saith the LORD” or suggest GOD Himself is Speaking. Thus we can only place Proverbs in the category of “philosophies of men”, no different from the works of Peter, John, Paul or Mark.

It is up to you to judge rather or not you accept that philosophy as good works or evil works but to be a good teacher all ancient points of views must be considered valid as a good works or an evil works.

This is one of the things Farrakhan figured out as he became older and wiser he started accepting all doctrines but placing them in a category of good knowledge or bad knowledge which we star to see him in later sermons with the KJV Bible and Koran.

We as teachers need to move into understanding that all of it is African works.

Thank you for allowing me to post in your thread.

Peace.

6. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Another great post ShemsiEnTehuti. Well written, well said. You're one of the brothers/sisters whose posts I make sure to read when I see their name. Your gonna help get us there. You're ancestors are smiling at you I know it. They'll kiss you when you see them again. Excellent. Peace.

Love Unknown.

7. imhotep06

imhotep06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Web Applications Developer
    Ratings:
    +106
    @ Music Producer

I think your reply is slightly off base. The implication that the Bible is the word of God is based on the common convention that the Bible was inspired by the words of God. This was the basis for the Nicean Conference and the 4 other conferences thereafter: which books were inspired by God and which were not.

Also, Ta-Merry was not a homogenous society. It was a mixer of various African societies, who we older than the political state of Ta-Merri. Most African spiritual systems trace their ideology from the Twa of central Africa. They were in the areas of Kenya, Uganda and Lower Ethiopia before moving to south Africa and the K'ongo.

We mistakenly call the language spoken by them "Bantu" when it represents the actual people called "Ntu." It is the same word in Mdw Ntr which means "those who are." The word "Ba" is in Mdw Ntr as well which means "spirit." So you have a combination of what man is:

Ba - spirit
    Ntu - those who are (meaning matter, existence, people who are living)

Ba'Ntu means "human being" and these are the people who you ultimately get your wisdom in Kmt From. That's why you had Twa in the courts of Africa (See a picture of Bes) because they paid reverence to the people who paved the way.

Knowledge went down the Nile from the Great Lakes region and over time the people integrated various ideologies and Ta-Merri civilization is born. Kemet was one of the last Great civilizations in Africa...not the first. It just has the most written records of its existence. And that's where people copied the wisdom from: the written records of Kemet, although the ideology existed before Kmt.

8. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hotep Excellent posting,

It is often said that practice makes perfect. However that is incorrect "Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect."
    Take the chains off your brains that were installed by wrong teaching, endoctrination and chatel slavery.

Ase'
    Ahmose
    :weights: Always a spiritual work-out:weights:

9. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    though this was not directed at me I have a question...

what about ethnic groups who trace their ideologies to the stars as well as possible ancestry?Is it a 'symbolism' that has yet to be understood (or known) or is it literal? I have some books by Vusamazulu Mutwa in which he mentions a number of ethnic groups going back to the 'stars'.

from your perspective of course.

10. Eye of Amma

Eye of Amma New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I don’t think your post addresses the thread topic?

He / She can’t respond…….
    http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=460079&postcount=102