Black People : WHY? ISN'T SHE A WOMAN

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alkebulantaazar, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Alkebulantaazar

Alkebulantaazar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator mother of 7
    Ratings:
    +4
    This is all the talk in the Nigerian community, I will share with them and offer my knowledge of the sharia as i was once a Musloma as was my husband. I am encouraged

- A tearful 32-year-old woman cuddled and nursed her toddler in an Islamic appeals court Wednesday as lawyers pleaded she be spared death by stoning for having sex outside marriage.

The divorced woman was convicted of having sex outside marriage in March 2002 by an Islamic court following the birth of her daughter, Wasila, out of wedlock.

Introduction of Islamic law, or Sharia, has heightened Muslim-Christian tensions in Nigeria, Africa's most populous nation. Judges said Wedneday that they would issue a ruling in the 1 1/2-year-old case on Sept. 25. But court action could still continue with a possible appeal to the Islamic system's own high appeals court and, after that, to Nigeria's top federal court.

An Islamic court convicted Lawal in March 2002 following the birth of her baby, more than two years after Lawal and her husband divorced.

Judges ordered her buried up to her neck in sand and stoned. While appeals continue, courts have ordered Lawal's execution postponed until her child - now nearly 2 - is weaned.

The alleged father of the baby denied responsibility and was acquitted. He is a sorry azzed Afrikan without a conscious

However, in closing remarks, Darma said the prosecution ``would not object if the court finds a good reason to set Amina free.''

He told journalists later that the prosecution would drop the case if Lawal wins this appeal.

Judges said Wednesday they would announce their ruling Sept. 25.

Defense lawyer Aminu Musa Yawuri urged judges to acquit Lawal, arguing that an earlier confession was invalid because no one had explained to Lawal - a poor, uneducated woman from a farming family - the nature of the offense or the punishment.

Yawuri also contended that under some interpretations of Shariah law, babies can remain in gestation in their mother's womb for up to five years, making it possible under Islam that her ex-husband could have fathered the child.

``I expect an acquittal,'' head defense lawyer Hauwa Ibrahim told reporters. ``In case that does not happen, we are prepared for the worst. We will go up to the Supreme Court.''

Katsina state authorities have insisted the case go through the Shariah appeals process despite requests by Nigeria's federal government that Lawal be freed.

``Amina is very worried. Sometimes she can't eat,'' Lawal's uncle, Magaji Liman, told journalists. ``She wants to see the end of this case so that she can marry and have a normal life.''

Your thoughts.

2. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    This is the case that the british media covered
    (propaganda)before goit ing into Iraq (or was it
    afghanistan) I feel sad that nobody has the
    sense or compassion to overstand the idea of
    Islamic doctrine and use it to compliment
    society, that way we are not lost in the bowels
    of glorifying eurocentric transgression but
    reasoning and balancing the laws of God,
    although I dont think death by Stoning is
    actually in the Quran.

Isnt that (happy to initiate the word)
    ARABISM.

3. Alkebulantaazar

Alkebulantaazar Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator mother of 7
    Ratings:
    +4
    This is sick and nowhhere in the Quran is this the way it should be. Here in Nigeria, it has been said that money is all that is needed however, women are as intimidated as men and many men are hoping it happens so that other women will take heed.

ya right!