Black Entertainment : Why is Tupac seen as a Revolutionary?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Dual Karnayn, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I understand the man had charisma and was very talented.

I still bump his music in my ride sometimes, but what did he do and say that so many people of our generation (35 and under) hail him as such a revolutionary in the Black struggle?

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    People love that thug life, i say in 2000 yrs hell be like christ. there will be a church of tupac amaru shakur, there will be a pac book of revelations. i bet jesus was a carpenter who moonlighted as an actrivist. said some good stuff helped some people out then was turned into god hundreds of years after his death lol.

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    [email protected]!!! That was funny, pa!

Dual, I asked this question in July last year, so I beat'cha to the punch!(smile!) Nevertheless, since the ridiculous fascination with this character continues, it is still timely to ask the question... The guy was never my cup of tea because of his consistent INCONSISTENCY!

You caint go around telling women to keep their heads up when you got 'em on their knees in a club suckin' ya thang... How in God's name young people - and I've heard some old heads claiming him too!- claim this clown as their leader???!!! He couldn't lead 1 eskimo into an igloo in 60-below zero weather... It's ridiculous to see him as any kind of leader for anyone except a shipload a fools...

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Therious

A year after Tupac was killed, I drove up into a carwash and some people in the neighborhood had set up a Tupac SHRINE with statues, candles and incense...((shakes head)).

This man has been straight up deified in the hiphop world.

Some people even believe HE is Jesus and you'd be suprised at how many were looking for his resurrection and return back in '03, 7 years after his death.

Isaiah

Well.....

Personally I believe he too was a willing agent to the enemy in our destruction and he's the number one reason "thugging" has gotten to be so popular.
    Thanks to him, thousands of young bruthaz all over this nation have been donning tatoos, living reckless lives, and proudly calling themselves "thugs".

Why so many people worship this man, I have no idea.

I guess because his mother was a Panther, some people believe that gives him a Revolutionary Pass.

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Brother Isaiah...that is Sacrilege! You can't put down Tupac...he has millions of followers the world over, and made 3 (count em) positive songs, so he can't be negative!! Sure he was inconsistent and down right contradictory, but you have no right to point this out. You are wrong Isaiah! As wrong as I was for making the same observation, and pointing out the same contradictions to his image on here (ya should have seen how folks came after me)!

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Uh...oh, my, I musta lost my mind criticizing the son of the long lost panther deity...what shall I do, Pan...Therious...Dual!? I think I might go out and buy a vial of...oh, no..maybe get my thang sipped and supped...get a tattoo, maybe, hang out with Shug, he'll protect me...I'm confused! Can someone help me??? Is there a doctor in the house???!!!!

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    No wonder Black people are so divided...we consistently hate on each other...even in death..

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    SEE ME FOR INPUT

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    say it again, brother!

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Omowale, I'm not hating on TUPAC, just his actions... How do we call a brother who allowed an AFRICAN WOMAN to suck him off in public a leader??? How do we do that?!

Richard Pryor was a great comedian, but great leaders don't **** near burn themselves up free basing... To point that out is not to hate on the man, but to own up, and say yes, he did it, I dig him stlll - but he aint my leader... That is what I am saying about TUPAC, and I wont move off that... He was a talented young man, that's it...period. I wll not stand for people comparing him with Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey... That is a mindless and nonsensical capitulation to the most ignorant in our society, and I aint going there...

Peace!
    isaiah