Black Entertainment : Why Is This Something To Be Proud Of - Jennifer Jackson, First Black Playmate ?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Senegal, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Senegal

Senegal going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +342
    I was on Pinterest and saw this. For a moment I was stunned then sad. I read a little more about her and it appears she never posed nude which is a good thing. I dont get why being a playmate for Playboy is something significant. Is it slave mentality or something to be legitimately proud of?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/539165386621319645/

Black History

Chicago native Jennifer Jackson became the first black Playboy Playmate in 1965 when she was 19 years old. The 5-foot-8 bunny was also the first black model to be featured in an ad for Lady Clairol, the first black woman to model for Avon...
    pinterest.com

[​IMG]

"Chicago native Jennifer Jackson became the first black Playboy Playmate in 1965 when she was 19 years old. The 5-foot-8 bunny was also the first black model to be featured in an ad for Lady Clairol, the first black woman to model for Avon cosmetics and Kool cigarettes. Both of the ads were published in Ebony magazine. In that same year, Jackson became the face of the Ebony Fashion Fair."

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,570
    :11100:nothing to see here..keep it moving

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,076
    Why are you all so hard on Senegal? "Stunned and sad," is how he said he felt about the information.

Brother Senegal, this just proves that Black people aren't all alike, now to quote Bro. James . . .

:11100:nothing to see here..keep it moving LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,125
    Senegal ... :hello: and Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Playboy is probably the top of the game, for those who play that game.

I'd imagine any woman living half-nekked to please others wants a Playboy trophy.

It doesn't seem much different than one striving to the top of most any field.

Different paths require different things and i guess we all choose what we can stand.

But the root is the same, to be the best (however each defines that) ... i think ... :)

If she is proud of herself, I will be proud with her, since it's obviously what she wanted to do.

Why were you stunned then sad? What part stunned you and what part made you sad?

Thanks for sharing!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +342
    I was stunned to see the person that posted the picture felt it was something noteworthy enough to be listed first instead of the modeling she had done for Black magazines. I was also sad for the same reason. The mindset (IMO) is wrong. Why is it seen as an achievement she was the first Black playmate? Its not like she was the first Black woman that looked nice enough to be one. There were millions just walking around all over america long before that. Note that this is a wealthy white guy that got rich by exploiting womens bodies. When he graciously decided to exploit a Black womans body why was that seen as an advancement of some kind? How is it significantly different from a white slave master raping a Black woman and claiming she was nice looking enough for him to be attracted to? IMO it seems as if we are seeking the approval of white people by striving to be recognized as the first Black.....whatever.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,570
    :11100:um, this happened in 1965....let it go

7. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +342
    I saw the post yesterday. I understand the mentality of why back then in 1965 but I dont understand it today. This mindset IMO is a hindrance to Black people freeing themselves mentally. I'm guessing the poster didnt even think about the significance of shining a spotlight on that particular action by Ms Jackson.

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,570
    :11100:playboy is no longer a factor.......let it go

9. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +342
    Looks like she has a better handle on being the first Black playmate better than the people thinking it was some big achievement. I'm glad she got over being ashamed.

10. Damaris Sheldon

Damaris Sheldon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    Our race always had it's selfless pioneers in fields that for the longest we were completely shut out of, they drew no quarter but cast their stead ahead at heavy cost of paid self deprecation in our eyes. The new breed of talented black men & women of varied talent today owe their very careers to the likes of "Andrew Perry" in Stepin Fetchit who actually was the first black entertainer to make a million dollars during his career, the real black cast of Amos & Andy "Tim Moore", "Spencer Williams", "Alvin Childress", "Nick Stewart" & others, "Eddy Rochester Anderson" who was Jack Benny's manservant, "Ethel Waters" in Beulah, the list is long but distinguished, accept them or not these people paid an extremely heavy price to pave a very rugged road for us to prosper.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jennifer jackson

2. 1st black playmate

3. jennifer jackson playboy

4. jennifer jackson playmate,
  5. black playmate