Black Entertainment : Why Is This Something To Be Proud Of - Jennifer Jackson, First Black Playmate ?

Senegal

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 7, 2016
I was on Pinterest and saw this. For a moment I was stunned then sad. I read a little more about her and it appears she never posed nude which is a good thing. I dont get why being a playmate for Playboy is something significant. Is it slave mentality or something to be legitimately proud of?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/539165386621319645/

84614b306aa127e42ee19415f61e203a.jpg

"Chicago native Jennifer Jackson became the first black Playboy Playmate in 1965 when she was 19 years old. The 5-foot-8 bunny was also the first black model to be featured in an ad for Lady Clairol, the first black woman to model for Avon cosmetics and Kool cigarettes. Both of the ads were published in Ebony magazine. In that same year, Jackson became the face of the Ebony Fashion Fair."

Why are you all so hard on Senegal? "Stunned and sad," is how he said he felt about the information.

Brother Senegal, this just proves that Black people aren't all alike, now to quote Bro. James . . .

:11100:nothing to see here..keep it moving LOL

Senegal ... :hello: and Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Playboy is probably the top of the game, for those who play that game.

I'd imagine any woman living half-nekked to please others wants a Playboy trophy.

It doesn't seem much different than one striving to the top of most any field.

Different paths require different things and i guess we all choose what we can stand.

But the root is the same, to be the best (however each defines that) ... i think ... :)

If she is proud of herself, I will be proud with her, since it's obviously what she wanted to do.

Why were you stunned then sad? What part stunned you and what part made you sad?

Thanks for sharing!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Senegal ... :hello: and Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Playboy is probably the top of the game, for those who play that game.

I'd imagine any woman living half-nekked to please others wants a Playboy trophy.

It doesn't seem much different than one striving to the top of most any field.

Different paths require different things and i guess we all choose what we can stand.

But the root is the same, to be the best (however each defines that) ... i think ... :)

If she is proud of herself, I will be proud with her, since it's obviously what she wanted to do.

Why were you stunned then sad? What part stunned you and what part made you sad?

Thanks for sharing!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
I was stunned to see the person that posted the picture felt it was something noteworthy enough to be listed first instead of the modeling she had done for Black magazines. I was also sad for the same reason. The mindset (IMO) is wrong. Why is it seen as an achievement she was the first Black playmate? Its not like she was the first Black woman that looked nice enough to be one. There were millions just walking around all over america long before that. Note that this is a wealthy white guy that got rich by exploiting womens bodies. When he graciously decided to exploit a Black womans body why was that seen as an advancement of some kind? How is it significantly different from a white slave master raping a Black woman and claiming she was nice looking enough for him to be attracted to? IMO it seems as if we are seeking the approval of white people by striving to be recognized as the first Black.....whatever.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back