Black People : Why is sex, drugs, and violence glorified in young people's music...

That music and other things like it play a major role in how people behave in society doesn't absolve any individual of their part, either. But people need to quit pretending as if these things which people take in every single day have no role at all toward influencing children and adults, alike.

Why just stop at music? These arbitrary categorizations are just a repeat of the same patterns. Next, it'll be video games again. In a few years, it'll be because kids have multiple digital devices on their person at all times. Been there, saved a polaroid. America has gone through a wonderful cycle of blaming articles of culture as major factors or causes of violence. How many of these ideas like the temperance movement or crack down on jazz houses did more good than harm for a society?

The only thing we're pretending to do as a society is ignore that mountain of established and solid evidence that if we wanted fewer social ills we need to battle the root cause of social problems. Americans aren't the only people flocking and consuming rap music in droves in the developed world. How come we're the ones with the more violent society?

It just seems because some don't act on these influences, they'd like to say all can handle them the same way, thus placing any blame on those which promote it must simply be a "scapegoat" tactic. Please.

No, it's suggesting that if the stimuli alone isn't reliably making it happen then maybe there are other factors.

Why just stop at music? These arbitrary categorizations are just a repeat of the same patterns. Next, it'll be video games again. In a few years, it'll be because kids have multiple digital devices on their person at all times. Been there, saved a polaroid. America has gone through a wonderful cycle of blaming articles of culture as major factors or causes of violence. How many of these ideas like the temperance movement or crack down on jazz houses did more good than harm for a society?

The only thing we're pretending to do as a society is ignore that mountain of established and solid evidence that if we wanted fewer social ills we need to battle the root cause of social problems. Americans aren't the only people flocking and consuming rap music in droves in the developed world. How come we're the ones with the more violent society?

No, it's suggesting that if the stimuli alone isn't reliably making it happen then maybe there are other factors.

Who's stopping at music? Not me. I said other things like it, no? This means, video games, movies, and so on. They all play a major influence in people's lives, and how they behave in society.

And of course there are other factors; I said it was a major part, not the only factor. There is indeed upbringing, environment, etc, but recognizing things we normally view as "entertainment" as playing a role shouldn't be shot down, tossed aside, or ignored just because to some, it seems like a "scapegoat".

So, no, that's not the only thing we're pretending as a society. Absolving any part of what influences this deteriorating society is pretending, which I've seen both sides of this argument do.

rap and hip hop has been turned against us. do you expect the same people to turn it around for us?

There seems and sounds no middle ground on this subject: You either like or loathe the stuff...Worse it's always just the white folk fault, and we don't hold accountable anybody black associated with that crap...

So as looney as it seems and sounds to me (if not to you), the answer to your question is 'yes'...

I. e., folk driven my need, refuse to open their eyes to the greed....

Such is what motivates the production/distribution/etc, of such backward and stupid b. s.

SMH

It's crazy to see that even to this day that people are seen as mindless drones and anything can drive anyone to do things and that anything is to blame when in all reality most have themselves to blame first and foremost for what they fall for. I agree for the most part with Gorilla on this.

So basically we need some H++ deprogrammers out there for all of the H++ programmers steering things in their direction. In the end (nowadays) you choose who or what you want to listen to and abide by for the most part. The mirror is a very unpopular item in most people's arena.

I am led to not only air criticisms of the marketers of such b. s., also of those who buy the crap others are selling them...

Not that I'm the only person having said/written/etc. this before, though when will we again be a reflection of a higher standard of ethics/morals/etc., not a reflection of the latest fads/trends, etc., blaming all of our ills on everybody but ourselves?

The short version:

No guts/no glory...

Even you're just making excuses (and not a lot of sense), bruh....

SMH

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back