Jails / Prisons : Why Is Saddam Hussein a "Prisoner" When There Are No WMD?

Epicurean said:
Destee,
You ask why he is being kept a prisoner? How about because he had all those people killed, you know, the ones in those mass graves? How about because he is evil? How about because he nothing more than a murdering thug? I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS MAN AT ALL. HE CAN ROT THERE FOR ALL I CARE. AND I DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT HIS SO CALLED RIGHTS, EITHER. He is pure evil.

Hmmmm...and how does this make him much different than the CIA, the FBI and orders that come from the White House to invade countries using military force when there is no clear reason to support such an invasion, it's usually in countries where the U.S. has something to gain and it's in direct opposition to what the United Nations supports?

I'm just curious, if the tables were turned, how easily do you think it would be for anyone to find a smoking gun; weapons of mass destruction; evidence that we are guilty of mass murders (covert and overt)? And exactly where is the axis of evil? In Asia, Africa and the Middle East? Oh, but I forgot . . . shame on me! It's okay when America does the killing because we have "In God We Trust" on our currency! Oops--my bad!

I don't think you have to "feel sorry" for someone when there's evidence that the treatment they receive is exactly the same as what they are being accused of. Pity has nothing to do with it. Can someone smell the rotting stench of a double standard here? So if Saddam is an example of PURE evil, what does that make politicians in this White House?

Peace! :spinstar:

Very interesting topic. Saddam did do some horrible things. But so does the U.S. government on a daily basis. Since we were fed false information on why we invaded Iraq, we should be kept abreast of what is going on with Saddam. We should get daily updates. Do two wrongs make a right? Not so much. He shouldn't be given the same treatment that he showed his people. Human rights should extend to everyone. Do I think he should be let go? Not so much. NNQUEEN..you are right(I love saying that), President Bush is taking revenge for daddy. Honestly, if some guy tried to kill my father, I'd go after him with everything that I had. I wish the government would've been honest with us. I wish things would be different. But the government wasn't honest with us, and things aren't different. Saddam should have a trail. If found guilty, the U.N. should decide what happens to him. It's not the right of the U.S. to police another country. But that's just my opinion. Great post Destee. :smokin:

Destee,
The most evil of the two is Saddam Hussein. He murdered thousands, many of them women and children, on whims. He used weapons of mass destruction to murder them. He reared two sons whom he taught to murder and torture when they did not get their way. The FBI and the CIA could have simply used snipers to take them out. We, instead, tried going through the United Nations, who were no where to be found when Saddam and his sons were doing all that murdering. The only "double standard" I smell here is the concern for Saddam being in prison and the lack of concern for the thousands he murdered. There are very distinct differences between the CIA, the FBI and Saddam Hussein and his sons. And given a choice, I would take my chances living under the realm of "... policticians in this White House..." than living under the realm of a Saddem Hussein and his sons.

I detect a lack of concern on your part for Black people who died in prisons for crimes that they did not commit. Plus if it wasn't for DNA and the innocence project-lots more would have died on Death Row nationwide. Also during Bush's governnorship in Texas, an innocent man may have been executed because Bush was TOOOO lazy to read the report. Also historically Black people plus towns (Rosewood and Tulsa(the US Army was in on that)) were lynched plus murdered, which compared to the thousands Saddam killed would pale in comparison. Remember THE US put HIM in power and knew that he had WMDs cause they had the receipt plus WMDs they sold Iran when the Shah was in power.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back