Jails / Prisons : Why Is Saddam Hussein a "Prisoner" When There Are No WMD?

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Destee, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    How / Why are they keeping this man in prison, or wherever he is, if their claimed reason for invasion, never existed?

Does he have a (court appointed) attorney?
    Every poor Black man in America knows what this means!

Who's looking out for him, where is he, how is he?

Why are American soldiers still in Iraq, and more going every day?

Is it just me, or should they be saying, "Oh we're sorry," and pulling out?

:heart:

Destee

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Good question Des and I don't really know how to respond other than to say that I would bet anything that one of the reasons he's being held prisoner has a lot to do with the fact that Baby Bush is getting revenge for what Hussein did to Pappy Bush in 1990 during the Gulf War. Of course they'll accuse him of human rights violations and all other types of stuff they can conjure up but Baby Bush has proven he doesn't care about what people or other countries think, including the United Nations. Even if Hussein was set free, he's a dead man. They've probably pumped him with so many deadly viruses by now, he'll die soon anyway and an autopsy will claim it was for reasons unknown to modern medicine.

Sad . . . scarey . . . yet imaginable.

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Queenie ... in response to your comment about finishing his father's business, i am quoting an article that i posted in another thread, that speaks to that ...

You can read it all here: Crimes of the Bush Dynasty

Yes, so very sad, scarey and imaginable because we've lived it. Our people have been accused, locked up, killed, etc., when they were never guilty.

:heart:

Destee

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    i have to agree as NNQueen said also they still over there
    for the baby Bush to control the OIL it's a personal vandetta
    that he finish the job from Daddy war and then it was the OIL
    this how they get rich and use american troops to stand on
    the line so sad but real it's the oil they want to control and win
    a family personal vandetta

5. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Destee,
    You ask why he is being kept a prisoner? How about because he had all those people killed, you know, the ones in those mass graves? How about because he is evil? How about because he nothing more than a murdering thug? I DO NOT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS MAN AT ALL. HE CAN ROT THERE FOR ALL I CARE. AND I DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT HIS SO CALLED RIGHTS, EITHER. He is pure evil.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hmmmm...and how does this make him much different than the CIA, the FBI and orders that come from the White House to invade countries using military force when there is no clear reason to support such an invasion, it's usually in countries where the U.S. has something to gain and it's in direct opposition to what the United Nations supports?

I'm just curious, if the tables were turned, how easily do you think it would be for anyone to find a smoking gun; weapons of mass destruction; evidence that we are guilty of mass murders (covert and overt)? And exactly where is the axis of evil? In Asia, Africa and the Middle East? Oh, but I forgot . . . shame on me! It's okay when America does the killing because we have "In God We Trust" on our currency! Oops--my bad!

I don't think you have to "feel sorry" for someone when there's evidence that the treatment they receive is exactly the same as what they are being accused of. Pity has nothing to do with it. Can someone smell the rotting stench of a double standard here? So if Saddam is an example of PURE evil, what does that make politicians in this White House?

Peace! :spinstar:

7. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Very interesting topic. Saddam did do some horrible things. But so does the U.S. government on a daily basis. Since we were fed false information on why we invaded Iraq, we should be kept abreast of what is going on with Saddam. We should get daily updates. Do two wrongs make a right? Not so much. He shouldn't be given the same treatment that he showed his people. Human rights should extend to everyone. Do I think he should be let go? Not so much. NNQUEEN..you are right(I love saying that), President Bush is taking revenge for daddy. Honestly, if some guy tried to kill my father, I'd go after him with everything that I had. I wish the government would've been honest with us. I wish things would be different. But the government wasn't honest with us, and things aren't different. Saddam should have a trail. If found guilty, the U.N. should decide what happens to him. It's not the right of the U.S. to police another country. But that's just my opinion. Great post Destee. :smokin:

8. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Destee,
    The most evil of the two is Saddam Hussein. He murdered thousands, many of them women and children, on whims. He used weapons of mass destruction to murder them. He reared two sons whom he taught to murder and torture when they did not get their way. The FBI and the CIA could have simply used snipers to take them out. We, instead, tried going through the United Nations, who were no where to be found when Saddam and his sons were doing all that murdering. The only "double standard" I smell here is the concern for Saddam being in prison and the lack of concern for the thousands he murdered. There are very distinct differences between the CIA, the FBI and Saddam Hussein and his sons. And given a choice, I would take my chances living under the realm of "... policticians in this White House..." than living under the realm of a Saddem Hussein and his sons.

9. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I detect a lack of concern on your part for Black people who died in prisons for crimes that they did not commit. Plus if it wasn't for DNA and the innocence project-lots more would have died on Death Row nationwide. Also during Bush's governnorship in Texas, an innocent man may have been executed because Bush was TOOOO lazy to read the report. Also historically Black people plus towns (Rosewood and Tulsa(the US Army was in on that)) were lynched plus murdered, which compared to the thousands Saddam killed would pale in comparison. Remember THE US put HIM in power and knew that he had WMDs cause they had the receipt plus WMDs they sold Iran when the Shah was in power.

10. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh yeah forgot those killed by police brutality historically and recently.