Black People : Why is it so hard to find natural women???

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Where do yall be hiding at?

The motivation for this thread is that I sometimes feel guilty when with a woman with chemically or thermally processed hair. I know that I simply have to have a woman with natural hair (locs, twists, fro, coils, etc.), but of course I am going to be attracted to all kinds of Black women simply because they are beautiful. So please no comments from women saying, well, you have a choice. My gripe here is that I don't have much of one.

I just don't agree with the whole thing of not wearing your hair the way God intended for you. I don't want to get into a discussion about processed vs natural hair here. I just want to know how a brother can better meet natural sisters. If you live in the Central Florida area, or have general suggestions, then please share. Are there any brothers here that are experiencing/looking for the same thing?

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    man

this is a new day you have the New World Order

well here you have the New Hair Order

i look at these women with the 2 and 3 shades of hair

somebody jacked up their psyche on THEIR beauty

my SISTAZ are BEAUTIFUL

and they follow someone else's views on beauty

look a Lil Kim - before she got f'd up she was a real cutie pie

a real cutie pie

some wangsta (mostly likely white) said Kim you need to do this to look more appealing

and if i may take a term from ESPN's PRIMETIME

Lil Kim YOU GOT JACKED UP

and i love lil kim very much because she rhymes very well not necessarily for the content of those rhymes

AND TO MY SISTERS YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL

in my opinion those "enhancements" actually bring you down not up

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

Let me chime in briefly: The supply of natural hair on women is a reflection of men's demand for it, IMO.

4. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32

Two questions:
    1. How exactly are you or any other woman determining the "demand"?
    2. When have African women in history ever been rejected by African men for their natural hair absent of egregious self-hating Negro folks?

I understand that you may feel African men do not find natural hair as attractive. I am just wondering if your assertion is well founded. To be honest, all the brothers I know, they value the natural sisters more, especially those with locs. It has an element of fierceness, uniqueness, boldness, defiance, independence, and most attractive is African-ness, amongst other things.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    wrong, dead wrong. women don't give a hoot what men want.

6. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Shemsi En Tehuti

Two questions:
    1. The women I know, including my own experiences, can attest that very few Brothers even approached them while natural. They may admire from a distance for the sister's boldness in going natural (particularly afros), like you stated below, then again, this is just my experience, and observations.
    2. That's the problem, the ones who discriminate against the natural sista are most likely self-hating, as well as the sisters who NEVER sport their own hair, or cringe at the mere thought of unprocessed hair.
    I understand that you may feel African men do not find natural hair as attractive. I am just wondering if your assertion is well founded. To be honest, all the brothers I know, they value the natural sisters more, especially those with locs. It has an element of fierceness, uniqueness, boldness, defiance, independence, and most attractive is African-ness, amongst other things.

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

Ahh, cut it out James... certain women may not; but I would certainly take my beloved's wants into consideration.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Here we iz !!!! ... all happy and nappy !!! ... :)

Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... you should never feel guilty about wanting the very natural and best that God has put upon the earth! :) Seeee ... that's part of how white supremacy works! It will have you feeling guilty for wanting what God made, and how God made it! Isn't that krazee??!!! No No No Brother, don't feel guilty at all! It's a beautiful thing to witness, Brothers wanting natural Sisters only!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY US !!! :) ... but for real, you should be able to want what you want, without guilt, so do that!

I think this is a great way to do that! Post a thread, asking ... where are the natural Sisters! ... :)

I'm not in Florida, but i'm right next door ... lol ... :)

I'm just kidding ... i'd probably get prison time mess'n with you ... but i'm sure there are some natural Sisters right here on the forum ... from Florida ... ooouuuuuu matter of fact ... hmmmmmm ... i believe Sister Vandella is in Florida ... and i think she wears her hair natural !!! ... Yep ... and i think she's about your age ... lol ... ohhhhhhhh boy !!! ... now Brother ... you're gonna hafta come into voice video chat ... 'cause that's where she hangs out ... and you need to come in there anyway! Shoot! :)

Ohhhhhhhh Sister Vandella ... don't kill me !!! ... lol ... oh gosh ... what have i done??!!

Love Yall!

:heart:

Destee

9. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
  10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    LOL, I was just going to PM Mr. Shemsi-En-Tehuti about Sister Vandella. Why you had to beat me to the punch:confused:

@ Shemsi: you'll find you a quality natural sister soon enough:spinstar:

Carry yo behind into chat sometimes, she's usually there... but don't tell her I told you:D

Peace