Black People : Why is it O.k. for Blacks to be racist?

I give up

There is really no way to "simply" ask this sort of thing.

The majority of whites do fight white racism though its almost funny that you pretend to have done everything for yourself and forget the non racist white people who fought the racist white people right along side of you. try to go to a Klan meeting and see all the protestors there against them I'll be there screaming that it should be illegal to preach hate. Most the protesters are white aren't they. I believe racism is wrong no matter who says it or perpetrates it.. it's wrong and it should be illegal no matter if your black, white, asian, latino, whatever nobody should get away with it. It's a new century and things are never gonna get better as long as we cannot get over past transgressions and try to build a brighter future where there is only people and not color. Racism is spread and supported by racism and until it is accepted that no matter what color you are you shouldn't say bad things about people because of the color of there skin. I give up!! you think I'm a racist and theres no way to change your mind. I guess I just wanted a answer to a screwed up question.. At least it made some of you think maybe that it not just white people who are responsible for this divide, but everybody is responsible.

How soon we forget. There was a big fuss a few months ago about a legislator that said "blacks need to get over slavery". I take that to mean that many whites are not going to allow us to use that as a excuse to be racist against them anymore. I know and have known many whites who can't believe that there are so many black folks who are still angry about slavery and the past.

So, is it okay for blacks to be racist? Hell no, and if you are one of them, you can pay a price for it, under the law. If you call a white person a racial slur, you can be sued for it. If you discriminate against them in housing or employment, you can be sued for it. About ten years ago, the then black mayor of the city of Wilmington, Delaware, had to lay off some workers. He was over heard by a white person saying "no black people are going to lose their job". the lady sued the city for racism and won.

So, it is not okay for black people to be racist, because we sponsored a movement to end all racism, it was called the civil rights movement, and it didn't just benefit black folks. it was intended to make us all equal under the law.

Now as to who has control over whom, I happen to work for a management staff that is mixed with white, black and hispanic. I live in a city with a black mayor and black police chief. My bank manager is also black. I have a business in real estate and my favorite agent is also black. My mortgage broker is white as is my insurance agent. I know of black members on the local school board also. No black person has to accept that there are probably more whites that have overcome racism than there are black folk. When that is the case, there is no way to placate them, because they will see everything as a ploy or subversive, or just that the white man has some devilish plan underfoot. They can't possibly care about a black person is usually the sentiment. I'm glad I don't live in that world.

Hoperk2 said:
I'm not racist whatever you say to me it will not work. The Only reason I use the terms "Black" and "white" is to help people understand what I mean.
You can call me racist if you want whatever, it doesn't make it true. What is true is that The majority of "good" people I have known just happen to be black. My freaking Son is black damnit don't even think of calling me a Klansmen.

Just answer this Question.

What is the differnce in this scenario.

Black Comedian says you gotta watch out for them ******** they are crazy!

White Comedian says you gotta watch out for them ******* they are crazy!

Answer is the white comedian is held accountable.

It's not right on either side.

Personally speaking, in the world of "Comedy" everyone is open season.

In the "Scenario" you describe the fact is in America "All things are NOT equal".

Therefore, the context in which one is presenting a comedic performance has a difference of cultural context.

Unless you are alledging that there is such a thing as american culture which is devoid of racial stereotypes.

Not to say that anyone of this is right or wrong. Just answering your question even if it is not the answer you are looking for.

Hoperk2

I am glad I got a chance to see this thread before it got out of hand. You said you have yet to see an intelligent response to your question. I halfway agree with you. People have defined racism and said why it is that we dislike white people, but noone has said why it is ok of for a black comedian to say watch out for ******** cuz they are crazy but it is not ok for a white comedian to say watch out for "the n word" because they are crazy. Here is your answer in a nutshell:

The "N-word" was used for a paticular purpose..to degrade, deminish, destroy, and deter a particular race of people for no other reason than financial gain. It was a weapon of such magnitude that we now use it on each other because it is a part of our heritage/legacy. The words "cracker" and "honky" were only VERY poor attempts at taking words that white people coined and trying to use them as a defense to being called the "n-word". But, guess what---it never worked, nor does it work now. If you look at comedians such as Jeff Foxworthy and other country comedians they not only use cracker, but also redneck, and hillbilly and also refer to rampant stupidity and incest in country life. Are they too racist against white people?

I will use two illustrations to show that "yes" there is a double standard when using the "n-word" and the double standard will and should remain...and why it is not RACISM that drives us to use derogatory words about white people only a defense mechanism.

First, You can say ANYTHING about your mother or family that you want to including calling them derogatory names because they are YOUR family, but if someone outside of the family (a friend or stranger) says something about someone in your family YOU WILL BE OFFENDED AND DEFEND your mother and/or family member. It is the same for the "n-word" (even though I think it should be removed from our language period) we can use it on each other because WE ARE FAMILY and everyone else is not. I know you are going to allude to the fact that were an EXTREMELY disfunctional family who backstabs and kills each other...but that makes no difference in the context of this discussion. We still share them same pains simply because of the color of our skin...and you all do not.

Second, If a group of gay people call you an "a__hole" for an entire year on the job CONSTANTLY and you a powerless to do anything but take it because they are in good with the boss because the boss is gay also but you one day reach a breaking point and call them "fa__ots" are you all of a sudden a homophobe? Do you all of a sudden hate all gay people? Or, are you merely fed up and trying to hurt them in the same way they hurt you and their sexuality seems to be the best way?

Let me say this though; I agree that two wrongs don't make a right. I also agree that there are PLENTY of fed up African-Americans who try to defend themselves by being predjudiced against whites. However, it is NOT the majority of us BLACK people because 90 percent of us have WHITE friends..lol.

Isn't that the line white people use to show they are down?

Anyway, Racism IS the belief that your race is SUPERIOR to another simply because of their ancestory/skin color. We are not trying to show our superiority by using terms like honky and cracker because those words were never used in such a way. Those words were invented by white people and we used them to try to hurt you all like you all hurt us. The "N-word" on the other hand was INVENTED to impose a perceived superiority by being used as a weapon to diminish a people who never even wanted to be here and especially didn't want to build a new country on their backs with sweat, tears, and blood as slaves, without as so much as a "nice job" much less a promise of a reward.

The prejuding of anyone based on rhetoric will eventually hurt the judger as much as the judgee -- unknown

I don't think whites have caught up with the hurt of blacks yet...correct me if I'm wrong.

We are merely trying to assert SOME sort of control over being treated any kind of way that powerful has always treated the powerless. Can you think of ANY thing else that we have control over you all? Your race has to power to do almost anything it wants..including send our children to die in an unjust war. Do you think it irrational of us to at LEAST want to have control over what can and can not be said about us; since there is very little else that we can control with respect to what whites can and can not do to us? I would think with ALL the privilage that comes with being white that somehow being called honky or cracker by a black man is at the bottom of the list of stress in your life...I don't know... call me a crazy "n-word" for thinking so.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back