Black People : Why is everyone hating on Cornel West? He's right!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I've sat back and thoroughly reviewed his argument and his argument is about as valid as it gets. I think people are so hell bent on backing Obama that they are missing the meat of what Cornel Argument is truly about.

Before stoning the brotha - actually listen to his complaint.

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    his analogy is correct...
    what is in question though are his motivations and the manner in which these statements are made...

my issue with the brother has always been how can u spit a pro black agenda when u work at one of the most lilly white schools there is....

one love
    khasm

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    IMHO, many in the Black community, are tired of him having to talk about his LGBT, Y and doggone Z "brothers and sisters" everytime he talks about a Black issue! Baldwin Rustin and Langston Hughes, never did that, and his beef with Obama gets dated cause he himslef said it was personal! Black folks are used to intellectuals with solutions, like Dr Clarke, Dr Amos Wilson, Dr Molefi Asante; not negroes who just whine and cry about politics! So far dude aint said squat about Black Nationalism or Pan Africanism

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Maybe because it would be like X or MLK screaming what about Black people while holding hands with his white woman.

Cornel is just creating another diversion. Obama is the front man, a symbol for the matrix. Cornell and most people want to focus on the person and not the "system". When Obama leaves who's fault is it going to be then? See where I'm going here? It's the system stupid! (not directed at u RU2).

Keep looking at the figureheads while in the meantime the matrix machine keep rolling on. We will continue to focus on people, it's you, you, you. When in reality is not me/you, it's the machine and those who are "plugged in". What has changed in 20 years, what will change 20 years from now. NOTHING! Unless we take this machine down and those that think like the machine.

I look at so called "hispanic" people (a term I hate to use) anyway I look at spanish people and they think they are making changes because the have commercial in spanish for major products. No spanish people are feeding the machine too. So what Coke or pepsi or Tide or Mickey D made a commercial in spanish. Are you spending pesos or "federal" reserve notes???

Stop this farce now. The media is the main culprit. DUH! So you people keep on focusing in on Obama, keep focusing in on politicians
    keep focusing in on rhetoric and watch as the machine keeps rolling on. Until the matrix is torn down brick by brick and human ignorance along with it, nothing will change. NOTHING!

The matrix is a chameleon. What is the best way to expose a chameleon? Kill it off. You will never be "free" until that happens until then your servitude is GUARANTEED.

You people keep focusing in on Obama. That's just how they want it. You know like the wizard of Oz wanted to keep you focused on that big scary face to keep your focus off of who was behind the controls.

5. Perfection

Perfection Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,015
    this real talk...exactly what I was gone type.

6. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I tried to listen to it! :) I could only stomach about 7 minutes! :( My summation, one integrationist-assimilationist condemning another integrationist-assimilationist. What else is new? :mad: Has the petty black elite ever been united on anything other than protecting their class interest? ;) Cornel west is also a part of the system that dominates us! :mad:

7. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Tru dat! :p

8. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030