Black Atheists : Why is Athiesm your choice?

And I find it odd that you Christians say that all non-believers are going to hell. I find it odd that you Christians say that the only way to heaven is accepting JC as your savior. I find it odd that just because a man/woman puts on a robe that you provide them a better life style than you have. And I find it really odd that in a black Christian's normal life, blacks built the pyramids and the Sphinx. Until these same blacks read a book that only 7,000 years old that says whites were hear first and we were made in the image of this man...

View attachment 6087

And not this god....
TheObamaBunch.jpg

Sorry, when something doesn't make sense...it just doesn't. Seven days is seven days, and why would you have to study to under stand simple English? You don't have to do the same when it said that god created the heavens and the earth, Adam and Eve, etc... You take it just how it's written. But things that you know are wrong is when many you Christians apply this comment.

Show me the ambiguity in these scriptures.

Genesis 1King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 2King James Version (KJV)
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

What do you mean? I learned the samething you did, and that was that god created everything in 6 says and he rested on the seventh. Isn't that what it always taught? So how did I not learn from reading the bible?

You Christians make this statement when contradictions like this pop up....

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Which also was done again here:

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

I wondered when this was going to be said... May I ask who told you this?:10400:

Reason is the highest attribute of man. So if god was going to communicate with his creation, it would have to be thru his reason. SO it strikes me as being odd that he would write a book that conceals things and make us abandon all reason to understand it. The bible is this way because it was written by different people, with different opinions over a long period of time. Back then education was big, and the man that could read and write was almost seen as gods. Like Abraham, illiteracy of the people was his biggest ally. Being ignorance of science, he penned the book of genesis.

I do, I'm a spiritual being, aren't you?

Are these facts, or your opinion?

No, I didn't error in my comment, and the book of Revelations is after JC retruns.

http://biblehub.com/summary/revelation/1.htm

The Day of the Lord
…7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Now why use a passage that is meant for our final days, to explain something during the creation of the earth before man was created? This is said be Christians that want to expand the years of the bible from 7,000 years to a number to encompass the age of the earth which is 4.5 billion years old. Which is funny in itself.....thousands vs billions.

So you don't believe every one in the bible is true then? Are you aware of the full import of your comment here? Above you spoke as if JC is really coming back, but if it's allegory, that not going to happen....now is it? It's just a story with a moral meaning.

Again, your opinion. If that is the case, why not put the book of revelation in the front, or middle if chronology is not a factor?

I agree, many Christians do read anything outside of the bible. Or listen to anyone that speaks against it.

The left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Everybody wanting a take on the same thing, on but we can find more obvious contradictions that this one.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Or will a deeper understanding of the bible explain why Joseph has two different fathers?

:11300:ooooo that would work but you have this that ruins it.

Genesis 6King James Version (KJV)

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

So here god sees Noah as an un-corrupted man which differs from the book of Enoch which paints him a non-human.

When it comes to the Noah tale it does.

Yes I can.....:10300:

preposition: plus
with the addition of.

noun
short for plus sign. meaning this sign +

Now.....

ad·di·tion
əˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: addition; noun: addn.
the action or process of adding something to something else.

So yes......."does two plus two equal four," is correct....and "two plus two" is also equal to 4, which makes you correct again...

Now....

"too plus too", "to plus to", "two plus too" is incorrect grammar, and you know it. They have no numerical meaning like (2) or (two). One means also, and the other means a destination/direction.

I just did, and I didn't need any dialog. All one has to do it look at the word itself and know what you mean. For example...Two means this (2) or one thing plus another. You're beginning to trip over your feet trying to defend that book of lies...

So eventhough it is said that god is all powerful, and there is nothing he can't do. He didn't have the power to fix this without destroying everything? Why didn't he destroy the entire planet? Look at what you said in blue:
Are we back tracking on what I've highlighted in green? Why was god able to cleanse these animals but not the rest?:thinking:
Like I said...you're tripping over your own feet.

No, I showed you the quote that Christians use to try and prove the bible is older than 7,000 years. If you don't know by now, I don't believe in god or that book of lies.

And did you just ask me to explain....and it's not even my birthday. I do an easy one....

Zoologists have identified over about million species of animals.
http://www.amnh.org/ology/features/askascientist/question21.php

But I'm going to be generous and cut this to 1million.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Now if this was true, approx. 11 pairs would have to enter one door in less than a second. 0.6 seconds to be exact. Now does this seem doable?

You're still guilty of the samething you are blaming them for.

What if I told you that Christianity was invented like all religions, and it's actually Paganism...

You mean you understand that this religion is not ours and it's was and still is being used to mentally keep us enslaved? If this is true, why are you still believing in a white god, and a book that says whites came before us?

Peace!
Regarding the animals of the Ark: Unclean animals in pairs and clean animals by the sevens: imagine the size of that boat.
http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=656

Regarding the animals of the Ark: Unclean animals in pairs and clean animals by the sevens: imagine the size of that boat.
http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=656

Yes, I have.... it was 450ft long x 75ft wide x 45ft tall.

V=lxwxh
= 450ft x 75ft x 45ft.
= 1518750 ft3 divided by 2,000,000 (pairs of animals)

=0.76 ft3 of space for each animal.

Now that last i read, an elephant reaches heights of about 13ft.

Peace!

Basically what Bro Enki said in his first response. For me to place my "everlasting soul" into a religion, it has to make sense or at least be logical! Christianity and any other religion that I've studied fall short of that in my opinion.

What I find hard to believe is when Christians use logic and reason in so many other aspects of life but, when it comes to religion reason, logic and common sense go out the window to be replaced with myth and emotion. Last but not least a lot of Christians totally ignore the fact that the religion is plagiarized from many ancient religions. All you have to do is read about Gilgamesh, Mithra, etc. which predate Christianity and have very familiar stories!!

What I find hard to believe is when Christians use logic and reason in so many other aspects of life but, when it comes to religion reason, logic and common sense go out the window to be replaced with myth and emotion. Last but not least a lot of Christians totally ignore the fact that the religion is plagiarized from many ancient religions. All you have to do is read about Gilgamesh, Mithra, etc. which predate Christianity and have very familiar stories!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

13245413_891635647611715_4891147773168895492_n.jpg

Peace!

And I find it odd that you Christians say that all non-believers are going to hell. I find it odd that you Christians say that the only way to heaven is accepting JC as your savior. I find it odd that just because a man/woman puts on a robe that you provide them a better life style than you have. And I find it really odd that in a black Christian's normal life, blacks built the pyramids and the Sphinx. Until these same blacks read a book that only 7,000 years old that says whites were hear first and we were made in the image of this man...

View attachment 6087

And not this god....
TheObamaBunch.jpg

You know, Enki, how foolish it is to lump everyone in the same category over assumptions, right? first off, I know that image you're showing is one of an italian gangster and not JC. If you were, you'd be showing a black man. Obviously you once attended a church of some kind where they taught you that somehow, whites were here first? You're incorrect, because not even the book you describes says that. It says very plainly that man was formed from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7). Show me where you found this pale ground that proves that whites were here first, please.

Second, for you to lump me in with every other black Christian as one who ignorantly worships a white image, as if we have no capacity to learn, study, or grow beyond traditional teachings shows a self-hatred that I assume you tried to break away from when you denounced Christianity? Congratulations. In that regard, you've become what you hated. White people's bigotry works almost exactly the same way.

Anyway, moving on.

Sorry, when something doesn't make sense...it just doesn't. Seven days is seven days, and why would you have to study to under stand simple English? You don't have to do the same when it said that god created the heavens and the earth, Adam and Eve, etc... You take it just how it's written. But things that you know are wrong is when many you Christians apply this comment.

Show me the ambiguity in these scriptures.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 2King James Version (KJV)
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

What do you mean? I learned the samething you did, and that was that god created everything in 6 says and he rested on the seventh. Isn't that what it always taught? So how did I not learn from reading the bible?

I don't have a problem reading. But apparently you have a problem with me using a point that you brought up. Wasn't it you who brought up the quote of revalations where one day was as a thousand? I'll take that as you not being able to have your words thrown back at you. Moving on

You Christians make this statement when contradictions like this pop up....

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Which also was done again here:

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

I wondered when this was going to be said... May I ask who told you this?:10400:

Sorry, Enki, but there is no contradiction. Genesis 1 explains the spiritual creation of man. Genesis 2 describes the physical manifestation. Notice, Genesis 2 says that man was formed from the dust of the ground. Where is the physical mention of the forming of man in Genesis 1? Created means just that, created. Formed means manifested. A simple trip to the dictionary would have shown you the difference in the two words. But the discerning of the spiritual creation and the physical manifestation of man should have been obvious by the lack of the mention of a place in Genesis 1.

Reason is the highest attribute of man. So if god was going to communicate with his creation, it would have to be thru his reason. SO it strikes me as being odd that he would write a book that conceals things and make us abandon all reason to understand it. The bible is this way because it was written by different people, with different opinions over a long period of time. Back then education was big, and the man that could read and write was almost seen as gods. Like Abraham, illiteracy of the people was his biggest ally. Being ignorance of science, he penned the book of genesis.

Wrong again. The Bible never asked you to abandon reason. In fact, it asked you to repent, which means to change your mindset. Great kings often concealed great knowledge in riddles. The Bible does the same, causing you to employ reason. But again, since your mind isn't open to the possibility of it having reason, you can't discern it. You're looking for surface answers when the question calls for more than surface searching. And yes, it was written by different people, but it did not offer different opinions over time. The only time it "seemed" to change opinions was when something was taken out of it and the next publishing was rearranged. It's called editing. It wasn't done by any Christian or the children of Israel. And if you were looking for every detail, I doubt we'd be having this conversation, because no one would be able to read the entirety of the Bible for length. Do you imagine how long it would take to read about descriptions of lands traveled, every tree that grew, every activity of every person, etc.? God obviously wanted to cut down to what was important, so that you could focus narrowly and extract the gem. If you were as spiritual as you make yourself out to be, surely you would have gotten that easily. Oh, and Moses, the first head priest, is credited for penning Genesis, and the other four books that follow. It's often listed in the Title: "The First book of Moses", not Abraham.

Are these facts, or your opinion?

Seriously? Where do you want me to begin with explaining what you couldn't discern? I didn't come up with this. This was already written. It has already been understood by many besides me. I asked for insight and the power to discern what I was reading, and I received it. I'm only relaying to you what I have learned from it.

No, I didn't error in my comment, and the book of Revelations is after JC retruns.

Sorry, but you have. The name of the book is called Revelation. Ever thought of why? This was the writing of a vision, not an event that has come to pass yet. And some things are happening as metaphorically written. Not surprising to me, being that John wrote things exactly as he was told to. Even JC didn't speak plainly all the time, giving the whole thing away. Guess how he explained it to the disciples? To them, it was given to know. The rest had to get it through parables and other teachings. Here's a clue. Since sin, corruption, war, and hatred are gone on the new heaven and earth mentioned in Revelation, look outside your window, or turn on your TV. If you still see those things, guess what?

[qoute]

The Day of the Lord
…7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Now why use a passage that is meant for our final days, to explain something during the creation of the earth before man was created? This is said be Christians that want to expand the years of the bible from 7,000 years to a number to encompass the age of the earth which is 4.5 billion years old. Which is funny in itself.....thousands vs billions.

[/quote]

Back to this one, are we? I expected that I've already done that math, and this planet would be trillions of years old, nearly 59 trillion, by the math of the verse you mentioned, of course. Being that the first few men of the Bible come close to living for 7,000 years, I wouldn't bother making the 7k year old book point. You haven't connected your own dots that well. After them, God shortened the average life span in Genesis 6. So the "7,000 year old book" may be actually be speaking about more than 7,000 years, if you want to connect it to the verse in Revelations. And YOU, Enki, brought that up in the first place.

So you don't believe every one in the bible is true then? Are you aware of the full import of your comment here? Above you spoke as if JC is really coming back, but if it's allegory, that not going to happen....now is it? It's just a story with a moral meaning.

Oh I'm aware of what YOUR comment suggests. And btw, I know you're referring to my comment about math not covering everything, and I stand by that, because math doesn't cover it. No tree has lived that long of a time. No organism has lived that long ago of a time. You suppose that the flood happened somewhere near 7,000 years ago, which I said was a man made argument, mainly because of the years of lives adding up before Genesis 6, before the flood took place. Neither one of us knows when it happened. Your mathematical guess, I assume would be a good one, but not good enough to prove it didn't happen.

Again, your opinion. If that is the case, why not put the book of revelation in the front, or middle if chronology is not a factor?

You're misspeaking. that's your opinion, and it's a ridiculous one. At the end of the book, life as we know it is over. All the corruption, gone. Bodies changed. Sins, gone. God's opposers, gone. A new Heaven and earth would have appeared, and those who were aware would have been prepared for it. Look outside your mindow. If you still have to worry about injustice, corruption, racism, etc., then it hasn't happened yet.

The left hand not knowing what the right is doing. Everybody wanting a take on the same thing, on but we can find more obvious contradictions that this one.

Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

Or will a deeper understanding of the bible explain why Joseph has two different fathers?

Probably. And here's the deep part. You provided all the depth needed to show it isn't a contradiction. You ready?

being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli

Who was the supposition made by? It wasn't made by Luke. He was very clear that Joseph was supposed by others that he was the son of Heli. Matthew didn't make the same assumption. He definitively went into each generation and said that Joseph was the son of Jacob. That wasn't a supposition. Surely you caught onto that at some point, didn't you? If not, let me break this down. It was reported to Matthew one way and to Luke another. Doesn't make that a contradiction.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

So here god sees Noah as an un-corrupted man which differs from the book of Enoch which paints him a non-human.

Really? According to who? Or are you going to tell me that you got this straight from God's throne room? He said the same of Job. And yet, that's covered by Psalm's recording that man's righteousness is like filthy rags. So he was probably not prone to outward expressions of sin, but he was not without flaw. Noah's flaw was that he was emotional, a flaw expressed post-flood in his drunkeness, for he drank out of mourning. No, the Bible didn't say that, but I put two and two together analyzing the post-flood scene described.

Yes I can.....:10300:

preposition: plus
with the addition of.

noun
short for plus sign. meaning this sign +

Now.....

ad·di·tion
əˈdiSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: addition; noun: addn.
the action or process of adding something to something else.

So yes......."does two plus two equal four," is correct....and "two plus two" is also equal to 4, which makes you correct again...

Now....

"too plus too", "to plus to", "two plus too" is incorrect grammar, and you know it. They have no numerical meaning like (2) or (two). One means also, and the other means a destination/direction.

I just did, and I didn't need any dialog. All one has to do it look at the word itself and know what you mean. For example...Two means this (2) or one thing plus another. You're beginning to trip over your feet trying to defend that book of lies...

Boy are you ignorant. If you even had a clue of what I was speaking about with the two plus too statement, you'd realize that the statement wasn't mathmatecal, nor was the grammar correct, and not for lack of grammar itself, but because of language protocol - one used to show many of the statements we write, like the ones we're typing here to be mathematically over 100% wrong. But that is another conversation for another topic.

So eventhough it is said that god is all powerful, and there is nothing he can't do. He didn't have the power to fix this without destroying everything? Why didn't he destroy the entire planet? Look at what you said in blue:
Are we back tracking on what I've highlighted in green? Why was god able to cleanse these animals but not the rest?:thinking:
Like I said...you're tripping over your own feet.

You're determined to bat a thousand on being wrong, aren't you? The answer is FREE WILL. He is not stepping on man's FREE WILL. The Animals don't have FREE WILL. He didn't give animals any authority or responsibility to make decisions with. He gave that to makind. (Genesis 1:26,28) Tripping....while standing solidly flat footed? I don't think so.

And despite what you think you've shown me, you've done the opposite. I'm sure you don't see it. If you didn't believe it, I wouldn't be reading your counter-belief, nor would you be going this hard when all I asked you was why YOU made the choice of Atheism. I could care less what you think of the Bible. If your belief was settled, your conversation about Atheism would have been limited to just that. Surely that adds up, since math explains everything to you.

And did you just ask me to explain....and it's not even my birthday. I do an easy one....

Zoologists have identified over about million species of animals.
http://www.amnh.org/ology/features/askascientist/question21.php

But I'm going to be generous and cut this to 1million.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Now if this was true, approx. 11 pairs would have to enter one door in less than a second. 0.6 seconds to be exact. Now does this seem doable?

Your statement would be true if you didn't consider a few things. 1) Who said that God wasn't already sending everything that moved on the face of the earth Noah's way? And Keep in mind that humans have free will and animals don't. 2) Noah wasn't expected to hold sea creatures. Verse 20 said "every creeping thing on the earth," followed up with a promise to destroy whatever is left of of the face of the earth in verse 21. Did you ever consider what the "face" of the earth was? Answer? The ground! Did God promise to destroy everything in the sea? What interaction did they have with man other than to be hunted and eaten? As for a reason the animals got wiped out? You won't like this one. Look in Leviticus 18, and tell me what you see.

What if I told you that Christianity was invented like all religions, and it's actually Paganism...

I'd say you're not only ignorant, but misinformed. Hebrew tradition says that Abraham, the father of Judaism and Christianity's foundations, was the son of Terah, an idol merchant. He came to the conclusion that no statue could be a God because none of them ever moved. He smashed some small idols using a tool that a larger idol was made to hold. He never lost the idea that there was a real God. He met Him in Haran.

You mean you understand that this religion is not ours and it's was and still is being used to mentally keep us enslaved? If this is true, why are you still believing in a white god, and a book that says whites came before us?

Where does the Bible say that whites came before us when WE were the dust of the ground that God formed into man? I thought you were smarter than to go with the popular unproven vote! Guess not! I don't serve a white God nor pray to a white savior. JC looks like me and you. White people changing images in paintings, keeping the Bible away from you afraid that if you read it you'd figure out that white people are not the people of God, and claiming to be divine when they are not, DOES NOT make the Bible a white man's book.

White people were too stupid to come up with a religion, especially one that teaches love others in all their , the one thing white people can't seem to do. All you have to go on with your false claim that "Christianity is a white religion" are the phony white "missionary" claims of exploiters and ruthless European kings who went to our motherland for the sake of greed. Their greedy expiditions were not Christianlike at all. Nor were the slavemasters Christians. If it was a white religion and the Bible would by itself, without addition or subtraction, prove that white people were here first, why bar slaves from reading it? Why subtract things from it? Why make reading it a crime worthy of death without applying that standard to themselves? The penalty for rape, under the OT, was death. I saw no exceptions for white people. Howcome they didn't apply that statute to themselves, since they have always loved to quote the OT?

Your logic, account of history, and actual knowledge of Christianity is extremely flawed!

You see, I READ! Even certain europeans exposed this in several books that I read who were descendants of abolitionists. I've read journals written by both slaves and slave masters. I've even read historical accounts of slavery before it hit the US, so I was able to see the difference in what was born in Africa and what was born in America. The origins of the people who brought us Judaism and Christianity were of African descent. All you need to read is the 1st few chapters of the book of Genesis itself to determine that!

Instead of trying to hard to argue a point you cannot, why not just answer a curious question and leave the topic in peace? It's brothers like you who are the reason why we cannot unite as a people. I ask a question and you start a personal battle over something as petty as a belief. Even so, I've got my answer: blind anger is your reason.

With that, I thank you for your answer.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back