Black Atheists : Why is Athiesm your choice?

Don't really have a response, more like a correction. The Earth is approx. 4.5 billion years old, not 40 billion.
Duly noted Da Flash. Mistype was meant to say over 4 billion. I doubt if anyone has an answer which is why we're always speculating...But hey since we don't really know it could be 40 Billion Plus..

I've struggled with "religion" for as long as I can remember. I was raised to believe in the Christian faith, encouraged to read the Bible, go to church, Bible study, vacation Bible School and to practice all of the rituals, i.e., baptism, choir singing, etc. I did it because I was taught that it was the "right" thing to do and I was told that my struggle with it was because I lacked faith. I can remember praying hard to have faith. It just never came to me. My struggle with it was because I didn't agree with it. It wasn't inside of me and one day I just decided to no longer live a double life so I stopped.

Greetings everyone.

While this is highly irregular, a Christian coming to you to ask this question, I'm simply curious. I promise no debating or judgment.

What made you decide to be an atheist?
The logic of atheists is based on perception (Pratyaksha Pramana), which was propagated by the sage Charvaka. Perception means the knowledge derived from the observation with the naked eyes. Infact in the logic (Tarka Sastra) all the means of knowledge are based on perception only. In the inference (Anumana) also, the fire on the hill is inferred by its smoke. But the relationship between the fire and smoke is perceived with the naked eyes only. Similarly other means of knowledge are also based on the perception only. Thus Charvaka forms the basic of the entire logic and without logic there is no knowledge.

The statement that the God is above logic must be proved only by perception. The divine miracles performed by the human form of Lord prove that there is a power above the logic. These miracles are seen by the naked eyes. The atheists must be allowed to prove whether the miracles are simply magic tricks. When they cannot prove, they must accept the existence of super power above the logic. If they do not accept this they are contradicting their own basis, which is the perception. The divine miracles are experienced by the devotees and the experience cannot be contradicted. If the experience is contradicted, the experience of the atheists is also contradicted. Therefore atheists must be open-minded and should not be conservative. If they are conservative they have no right to criticize the religious conservatism.

The theory of Vedas and Bhagavath Gita never contradicts the perception and therefore the logic of atheists becomes the basis of the spiritual knowledge. The Lord comes in human form and this human form is perceived by the naked eyes. Even the miracles performed by demons establish the existence of super power. Therefore to convince the atheists the miracles of the Lord are not necessary. When they are convinced about the existence of the Super power (Maya), the possessor of the Super Power, the Lord, coming in human form must be also accepted because the form is seen by the naked eyes. The salvation is breakage of the bonds in this world. Since the bonds of this world exist based on the perception, the salvation is also existing based on the perception. Since the family members and the money are perceived by the eyes, the bonds with them are also perceived. Thus the salvation (Moksha) must be accepted by the atheists. A single bond with the human form of the Lord is called ‘Saayujya’ or ‘Kaivalya’.

Since the human form is perceived, Sayujya or Kaivalya is also perceived and must be accepted by the atheists. The Bliss is derived by the devotee from the divine knowledge of the human form of the Lord. Therefore the Bliss is also true according to atheists. Thus the goal, the means to please the Lord (Sadhana) and the fruit of Sadhana (Moksha and Kaivalya) are perceived and exist in this world itself.

Veda says ‘Yat Saakshat Aparokshaat’, ‘Pratyagatmana Maikshat’ which mean that the Lord in human form is perceived by the naked eyes. Veda also says ‘Ihachet Avedeet’, which means that everything is true as seen in this world itself. This is called ‘Jeevanmukthi’, which means attaining the salvation while one is alive and not after death. The salvation after the death is not true because that has no basis of perception. Thus if the atheists are little bit patient and leave their aggressive nature of criticism, they are best fitted in the true spiritual knowledge of Vedas. In fact Swami Vidyaranya included the philosophy of Charvaka in his book as one of the logical philosophies (Darsanaas).

The existence of God is established in its own way based on the merit (miracle) of God even through the basic perception.

If you say that God can be accepted for control of sin, there is no such need due to perceived unimaginable miracles.

[If you argue that you will agree the existence of unimaginable God for the sake of the welfare of society (which is the control of sin by the inevitable punishment from God even if the law here is escaped), we don’t need such sympathy from you to accept the existence of God even though God is really non-existent. We are establishing the existence of unimaginable God from the existence of unimaginable miracles perceived in this world. The existence of God is established in its own way based on the merit (miracle) of God even through the basic perception. We are only saying that the established existence of God shall not be distorted by rigid and meaningless false arguments of atheists since the atheism resulting due to that brings a negative side reaction supporting sin in case the law here is escaped.

We are not establishing the existence of God for the sake of avoiding such negative reaction. Unimaginable God is already established by the exhibition of His unimaginable power through miracles in the primary stage by the virtue of His own merit Itself. After this primary stage, we are negating its distortion resulting as the above said negative reaction. You should not think that negation of the above negative reaction is the primary stage and in second stage we are establishing the existence of God for the sake of primary stage. If God is not established by His inherent unimaginable powers, due to absence of the perception of genuine miracles, we may try to establish the existence of God basing on the primary step of avoiding the negative reaction of sin. None can negate the basic authority of perception, which is the foundation of all other authorities of knowledge.]

I disagree that atheism is a choice. If one does not choose whether gods exist or not then one cannot choose that they don't. An atheist is simply one who accepts the total lack of evidence that a god, any god, does in fact exist outside of human imagination. It isn't the gods telling us that they exist. It's human beings just like us. The real question is why do we believe each other about something none of us can see, hear, touch, taste, smell, etc? There are people who say they saw anything you can imagine... ghosts... aliens... but believers in God often dismiss these "encounters" and say they are confused; especially when these "encounters" conflict with their precisely spelled out beliefs.

I believe the brain is extremely powerful. And if you believe something strong enough your brain can rewire itself to explain a "UFO" (or rather any thing you don't know or understand) using your beliefs as context, so that you "experience" gods, angels, demons, etc. I know I used to have night terrors, most likely caused by my sleep apnea. Because I stopped breathing there were a couple of instances a long time ago when my mind produced a dream of the demon "woman" (I don't know why she had to be female... she just was) pushing down on my chest, trying to kill me. So to me, if the mind can do that, and project that image into my semi-conscious reality, to explain me choking in my sleep, then it could give someone else a vision of angels. But it's all fueled by your beliefs. Of course now that I'm an atheist this vision hasn't happened since.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back