Black Atheists : Why is Athiesm your choice?

NyneElementz

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
Basically what Bro Enki said in his first response. For me to place my "everlasting soul" into a religion, it has to make sense or at least be logical! Christianity and any other religion that I've studied fall short of that in my opinion.

What I find hard to believe is when Christians use logic and reason in so many other aspects of life but, when it comes to religion reason, logic and common sense go out the window to be replaced with myth and emotion. Last but not least a lot of Christians totally ignore the fact that the religion is plagiarized from many ancient religions. All you have to do is read about Gilgamesh, Mithra, etc. which predate Christianity and have very familiar stories!!

Honestly Flash, I see where you would make that assumption. And I appreciate your usage of the words "a lot of Christians."

First, I don't buy into that, because Christianity is an African born religion. If it mimicks another one, so be it. The point of a "religion" is to give order to a person's life. Before choosing to fully commit, I had questions too, but not for the reasons you've described. It seemed like almost no Christians could show me how it ordered their lives or offer an intelligent teaching of it.

However, that changed for me a few years ago. Say what you will, but I've experienced spiritual moments from this like I've not anywhere else, experiences that were undeniable, as each of them related to the words in the Bible. Then I understood that this wasn't mythology. It was a set of riddles and teachings that only those willing to commit to wholistic study could decipher. I still go to church, but my understanding of it is far beyond religious.

NyneElementz

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 6, 2006
Myrtle Beach, SC
Now I find this hard to believe...what do you think folks make threads for. If this was the case them there shouldn't be any rebuttal from you except "that you for your input.".

Peace!

That was my intention. I responded to the response I was given. The question was straightforward. The responses were excess. I don't recall asking for gripes. Only for the reason you became Atheists.

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
This is a little off track but since the chatter has kind of deviated to creation, I figured what the heck!!!
Does all of this mean that the earth isn't over 4 billion years old and that man did not evolve from primates who are about 25 million years old? I'm just wondering just exactly when and where did earth and man come on the scene???? If the earth is estimated to be over 4 billion years old why are homo-sapiens ( humans ) only about 200,000 years old?
Wouldn't God have created man along with the earth at the same time unless of course the earth isn't over 4 billion years old?
Big Bang Theory, Evolutionist Theory , God/Creationist Theory or Extra-Terrestrials and Genetic Engineering Theory?
Hmmm, exactly where is that missing link and what about those 48 chromosomes vs 46 chromosomes, Annunaki's, Watchers and Men of Reknown ( Giants/Nephilim )?
All of this just leaves one to scratch his or her head and continue to wonder, how and when and why?? Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Da Flash

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 10, 2007
H-Town!
Occupation
underpaid peon
This is a little off track but since the chatter has kind of deviated to creation, I figured what the heck!!!
Does all of this mean that the earth isn't over 40 billion years old and that man did not evolve from primates who are about 25 million years old? I'm just wondering just exactly when and where did earth and man come on the scene???? If the earth is estimated to be over 40 billion years old why are homo-sapiens ( humans ) only about 200,000 years old?
Wouldn't God have created man along with the earth at the same time unless of course the earth isn't over 40 billion years old?
Big Bang Theory, Evolutionist Theory , God/Creationist Theory or Extra-Terrestrials and Genetic Engineering Theory?
Hmmm, exactly where is that missing link and what about those 48 chromosomes vs 46 chromosomes, Annunaki's, Watchers and Men of Reknown ( Giants/Nephilim )?
All of this just leaves one to scratch his or her head and continue to wonder, how and when and why?? Stay tuned...

Don't really have a response, more like a correction. The Earth is approx. 4.5 billion years old, not 40 billion.

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
still can't post polls

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table