Black Spirituality Religion : Why in the world did slaves believe in the christian god?

ManicRaider

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2011
I don't get it. They're feed this story about an all-loving god who loves and protects them yet everyday they live their lives in fear of being beaten, raped or killed. They believe that praying and having faith will get them through it yet generations of them live and die in agony and fear. It's truly inconceivable to me.

I didn't want to talk about this because I know a lot of people here are christian and have strong feelings about their religion but I was just watching a program about segregation and I found some of the imagery and words too much to bare. I had to keep looking away and turning the channel until I just turned the TV off. I can't imagine how slavery was compared to this. I can't see why anyone back then or now would still believe that an all-loving god is looking over them.

Another thing is how some black activist talk about how god will help them against the white supremacists yet it was the white supremacist who taught (or maybe even forced) the idea of god upon them in the first place. Someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense. If someone were beating you up badly and kept talking about a righteous being that can "save" you, would you have strong faith that this righteous being that your attacker is talking about will help save you from that person? All the while the attacker is saying that he is also in the being's good grace?

stockholm syndrome

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness. The FBI’s Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome. The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28, 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed from their six-day ordeal.
The term "Stockholm syndrome" was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast. It was originally defined by psychiatrist Frank Ochberg to aid the management of hostage situations.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=stockholm+syndrome&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I don't get it. They're feed this story about an all-loving god who loves and protects them yet everyday they live their lives in fear of being beaten, raped or killed. They believe that praying and having faith will get them through it yet generations of them live and die in agony and fear. It's truly inconceivable to me.

I didn't want to talk about this because I know a lot of people here are christian and have strong feelings about their religion but I was just watching a program about segregation and I found some of the imagery and words too much to bare. I had to keep looking away and turning the channel until I just turned the TV off. I can't imagine how slavery was compared to this. I can't see why anyone back then or now would still believe that an all-loving god is looking over them.

Another thing is how some black activist talk about how god will help them against the white supremacists yet it was the white supremacist who taught (or maybe even forced) the idea of god upon them in the first place. Someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense. If someone were beating you up badly and kept talking about a righteous being that can "save" you, would you have strong faith that this righteous being that your attacker is talking about will help save you from that person? All the while the attacker is saying that he is also in the being's good grace?

peace

Fear, can make people do strange things.....Not saying they are ALL scared of the 'slave master', but that fear was and is the foundation of any religion.

It's been my experience that most Blacks that don't believe in the Christian God is because they believe, like the White Supremacist, that even though the Bible says that God will judge this evil White Supremacist government, he won't.

in other words, the White Supremacist have read the Bible and knows that it says that God hates their government and therefore, they have fooled many Blacks into NOT reading the Bible for themselves to see this written fact.

It would be ridiculous for this White system to Separate from the Bible if it supported their taking advantage of Blacks and taking the opportunity to pit them against each other and then put each other in a bind and eventually chattel slavery and not ever being judged for such trickery. Therefore, they separated from it after they tricked as many Blacks as they could and they try to fight against the words of God of which says in the Bible that he has set a date to end their world dominion, and will give the kind of Blacks who don't support human sacrifice another chance.

I also believe that another major problem with not believing in the Christian Bible as opposed to just taking what you hear about religion is that repeatedly, in ancient times befor the White supremacist system was able to set up, ancient Black people bonded with them and allowed white people to infiltrate their systems and overthrow them with the help of other blacks, and today, many Black African people want to ignore this and pretend like white people just came into Black lands all by themselves and overpowered black people all by themselves. History shows that Black people had a disrespect towards each other and issues of self-hate of which the opportunistic foreigners recognized and used this to their advantage. They didn't overcome ancient blacks by gun power or any kind of fire power, but by exploiting other blacks to do their work. Now we have to realize that in addition to mind control, they also have fire power to their advantage and they are not going to just give up and let Black people have freedom.

if people don't read for themselves and have a better WORKING solution to overcome White Supremacy and world domination than what is offered, then it would be better than provide it than to just stress over the Christian Bible because it was scripted a long time ago and has a time censored factor of which, in a few years, it will prove itself, whether it be truth or not, anyway.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back