Black Spirituality Religion : Why in the world did slaves believe in the christian god?

Its funny that such a question cannot be answered with a legit answer.

The ultimate question is: why would a person walk into a fire knowing that the heat will consume them? Why would a man worship the master of the man who ok'd the man to enslave you and kill you? Why would I continue to eat poison berries when I know the person that is feeding them to me wish for my ultimate demise?

Most Christians will walk around the question - try to make logic using their scriptures but in truth - they have no real answer because the answer is to painful for them to bear especially if they devoted their whole lives to the religious dogma.

If Christian will only take a few moments out of their time to sit back and wake up then they will see what is really going on.

Peace and blessing

Ru2religious

Sadly though, I believe that if Black Pagans will only take a few moments out of their time to sit back and wake up then they will see what is really going on. The White man and woman's time is numbered and their agents can't even stop that reality.

Black pagans seem to have no other programming but to carry on this white supremacist push and support them separating from Christianity in 1776, and but now, their time is about to be up.

Everything that they did, mind control and all, is proven to take down many with their white supremacist governments that have controlled black lands for thousands of years, but the Bible prophesized against their government and there's nothing that they can do to erase those words. So I say no matter if your a Black pagan or a Black African believer in Jesus, just watch and wait...cause to date, no one has a working solution to get rid of white supremacy...

I don't get it. They're feed this story about an all-loving god who loves and protects them yet everyday they live their lives in fear of being beaten, raped or killed. They believe that praying and having faith will get them through it yet generations of them live and die in agony and fear. It's truly inconceivable to me.

I didn't want to talk about this because I know a lot of people here are christian and have strong feelings about their religion but I was just watching a program about segregation and I found some of the imagery and words too much to bare. I had to keep looking away and turning the channel until I just turned the TV off. I can't imagine how slavery was compared to this. I can't see why anyone back then or now would still believe that an all-loving god is looking over them.

Another thing is how some black activist talk about how god will help them against the white supremacists yet it was the white supremacist who taught (or maybe even forced) the idea of god upon them in the first place. Someone please explain to me how any of this makes sense. If someone were beating you up badly and kept talking about a righteous being that can "save" you, would you have strong faith that this righteous being that your attacker is talking about will help save you from that person? All the while the attacker is saying that he is also in the being's good grace?

Well you do have stories in the bible relating to someone or a government body taking a set of people in 'bondage' and then God delivering said people out of ''bondage''... i guess when Christianity was first introduced to enslaved blacks in the Americans they identified strongly with that part of the bible?

and when have verses like; Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. which basically saying take all the suffering that is being inflicted upon you, sacrifice your self in this life don't fight back and you be rich in your afterlife...kinda like the islamic 77 virgins in the afterlife thingy?

Well you do have stories in the bible relating to someone or a government body taking a set of people in 'bondage' and then God delivering said people out of ''bondage''... i guess when Christianity was first introduced to enslaved blacks in the Americans they identified strongly with that part of the bible?

and when have verses like; Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. which basically saying take all the suffering that is being inflicted upon you, sacrifice your self in this life don't fight back and you be rich in your afterlife...kinda like the islamic 77 virgins in the afterlife thingy?

so true, about the Christians that is, about the meek inheriting the earth.

I do believe that Black people have been mocked for being suppressed down into American slavery just like in the Bible, but the good thing is history shows that these white supremacist system have ended and will end.

the Bible though, does not condone a child being sacrificed, not does the bible believe in sacrifice, human sacrifice at all, but if that is what you believe then, oh well,...but the Bible doesn't support that.

so true, about the Christians that is, about the meek inheriting the earth.

I do believe that Black people have been mocked for being suppressed down into American slavery just like in the Bible, but the good thing is history shows that these white supremacist system have ended and will end.

the Bible though, does not condone a child being sacrificed, not does the bible believe in sacrifice, human sacrifice at all, but if that is what you believe then, oh well,...but the Bible doesn't support that.

What about Abraham willing to sacrifice Issac before the intervention of an angel or God? practice was in place before the ''new covenant' was established....what about Jesus ''dying on the cross'' for your ''sins'' even when he was sacred to death! "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." he said that 3 times..

and when i said sacrifice, i wasn't even thinking of literal human sacrifice, i meant the belief that one should sacrifice what makes them happy in this life, for ''God'' because one is promised riches, virgins, sweets etc in the ''after life''...

the Bible though, does not condone a child being sacrificed, not does the bible believe in sacrifice, human sacrifice at all, but if that is what you believe then, oh well,...but the Bible doesn't support that

:SuN024:

21:6 Let seven men of his sons be delivered unto us, and we will hang them up unto the Lord in Gib’e-ah of Saul, whom the Lord did choose. 21:9 And he delivered them into the hands of the Gib’e-on-ites, and they hanged them in the hill before the Lord: and they fell all seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest, in the first days, in the beginning of barley harvest.
21:10 And Riz’pah the daughter of A-i’ah took sackcloth, and spread it for her upon the rock, from the beginning of harvest until water dropped upon them out of heaven, and suffered neither the birds of the air to rest on them by day, nor the beasts of the field by night.[/B]

- I mean right here it says they SACRIFICED 7 men just to get some rain to fall.......

31And Moses and Eleazar the priest did as the LORD commanded Moses.

32And the booty, being the rest of the prey which the men of war had caught, was six hundred thousand and seventy thousand and five thousand sheep,

33And threescore and twelve thousand beeves,

34And threescore and one thousand *****,

35And thirty and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not known man by lying with him.

36And the half, which was the portion of them that went out to war, was in number three hundred thousand and seven and thirty thousand and five hundred sheep:

37And the LORD'S tribute of the sheep was six hundred and threescore and fifteen.

38And the beeves were thirty and six thousand; of which the LORD'S tribute was threescore and twelve.

39And the ***** were thirty thousand and five hundred; of which the LORD'S tribute was threescore and one.

40And the persons were sixteen thousand; of which the LORD'S tribute was thirty and two persons.

There are many more ---

THis is a great example of why the thread starters question can not be answered by the followers of said religion! They apparantly don't know what their own book says because most haven't read it...........How in the world can someone say there is no human sacrifice in the bible and that the bible does not condone it? Even a new born christian should no better than that!!

Also, why do so many christians say it was introduced to 'slaves' here in america when those same christians claim it was so prevelant in africa?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back