Black Spirituality Religion : Why in the world did slaves believe in the christian god?

So i guess every group in the world just went around killing their babies until Christianity came to save the day?..yea tell me anything cherryblossom!

No, I never said EVERY GROUP.

Chinua Achebe never said EVERY GROUP.

Onyemobi and Sekhemu never said EVERY GROUP.

But, apparently among SOME ETHNIC GROUPS, the KILLING OF TWIN BABIES WAS ONCE A COMMON PRACTICE in their RELIGIONS.

From my understanding, it was not a "caste system" until the slave trade (which is alluded to in the article by the way). Prior to that, Osus were essentially like employees to the priests. ...

Ironically, it seems to be more of a part of Igbo Christianity then the traditional Igbo spirituality.

Oh, and, Amnat, let me clarify these quotes from Onyemobi from our previous conversation....

The TWO ABOVE quotes are about the "OSU CASTE SYSTEM."

Onyemobi SPECIFICALLY denotes that the PRESENT-DAY conception of "Osu" is a result of Christianity/Atlantic Slave Trade.

I don't know all the details. But I know that they were left to die in the evil forest. Its not one part of my traditional culture I agree with, but I don't deny that such things did occur.

But in THIS QUOTE, Onyemobi SPECIFICALLY denotes that the KILLING OF TWIN BABIES was ONCE a part of his TRADITIONAL CULTURE.

I will NOT paint Kemet with a BRUSH OF PERFECTION ...

where did you see me say kemet was perfect? all i said was i don't think they had slaves.
i could be wrong about that, i wasn't there. neither were the experts who are telling us all this stuff.

In christian europe - it was considered a sin to take a bath. If the Igbo's were guilty of that - cherryblossom would have a case.

But seriously, man has done wicked things irrespective of religion. Blame the people, not the religion. The thing about christianity is - it has a history of being at war with every other faith. Same with islam.

where did you see me say kemet was perfect? all i said was i don't think they had slaves.

i could be wrong about that, i wasn't there. neither were the experts who are telling us all this stuff.

No, Brother James, Dr. Ben was not there. Dr. Wesley was not there.

But, their RESEARCH (what YOU call that "stuff") comes from ANCIENT RECORDS from TRANSLATIONS that even they sought from other Africans, not White people.

i would not. i take my information from ra un nefer amen.

WOW...You won't believe Dr. Ben and Dr. Wesley and other Black historians about SLAVERY IN KEMET; but you WILL believe another man WHO WAS NOT THERE EITHER.

You won't believe all the ANCIENT TEXTS and ANCIENT ART available today from KEMET which describes its society, slavery included.

But, you WILL BELIEVE a man who founded a Pan-African society (Ausar Auset) in the 1970s and wrote some books about Kemet (Metu Neter 1&2).

Okay.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back