Black People Politics : Why in the ???? Are we voting for Hillary?

Tariq could have handled it better. So what we have here is a person (Tariq) that can give it, but can't take it. He's acted this way before believe it or not. There is too many things wrong with this video.

Peace!

Are Black pastors much different than politicians...Black or white?

A heavy thirst for power and money also runs through the Black community for some of us as I find it disturbing when I think about the mega-churches where millions of dollars pass from members up to the pulpit every Sunday when that money can be put to better use if it was invested into the Black community. Does the Christian God really think that's a good use of money when it supports mansions, stylish cars, and fattening up pastoral families while at the same time, communities are shattered with homeless people, hungry people, people being poisoned by poor quality water, and they can't afford quality medical care? Just to name a few issues we face... Churches are filled with a lot of gullible people who will believe anything they are told including politicians who go to them and promise them everything and give them little when you help get them elected.

I know this will offend some of you who read this, but that's how I feel/think.

Are Black pastors much different than politicians...Black or white?

A heavy thirst for power and money also runs through the Black community for some of us as I find it disturbing when I think about the mega-churches where millions of dollars pass from members up to the pulpit every Sunday when that money can be put to better use if it was invested into the Black community. Does the Christian God really think that's a good use of money when it supports mansions, stylish cars, and fattening up pastoral families while at the same time, communities are shattered with homeless people, hungry people, people being poisoned by poor quality water, and they can't afford quality medical care? Just to name a few issues we face... Churches are filled with a lot of gullible people who will believe anything they are told including politicians who go to them and promise them everything and give them little when you help get them elected.

I know this will offend some of you who read this, but that's how I feel/think.

I love this, you pick up on what I was trying to convey. And you stated so well at that. Here is something to further prove you are on point sista..

The story of two African American ministers and their struggle to balance both sacred and secular worlds
Carey associated with notorious FBI director J. Edgar Hoover and compromised support for Martin Luther King, Jr. Both Careys believed politics offered clergy the best opportunities to empower the black population. Their imperfect alliances and mixed results, however, proved the complexity of combining the realms of spirituality and politics.
http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/1287

It's almost a mirror image of what we have today. The difference is that these pastors will not help anyone get a job like this father and son team. They are out for themselves, and close family members.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back