Black People : Why I'm Black, Not African American

MrSolo
(Figuratively), it's been said over and over again, that "you're only black in America". And you may be correct, the rest of the world doesn't care what black America calls itself.
Speaking of only being black in America....

I know when I went to Europe last year I experienced less racism than I ever experienced in my life.

The whites there were far more friendly and tolerable....if only to my face.

You guys could call yall selves whatever yall want..

I am a man of African descent, an African in America for 400 years. I respect the "Black Experience" and the struggles that we've went threw in this country, but I will not dishonor my ancestors who have went threw the "Middle Passage", brought to a land foreign to them and was stripped of their identity. "African" may be an unspecific general term, but it keeps me connected to the birth place of the ancestors. I am of African descent, an African who comes from Africans who were taken from the MotherLand and enslaved here in America. Our experience here has been a very hard and interesting one but that doesnt change the fact from who we're originally are. Our history as peoples of African descent goes way beyond the plantation days.

Pharaoh Jahil said:
I am a man of African descent, an African in America for 400 years. I respect the "Black Experience" and the struggles that we've went threw in this country, but I will not dishonor my ancestors who have went threw the "Middle Passage", brought to a land foreign to them and was stripped of their identity. "African" may be an unspecific general term, but it keeps me connected to the birth place of the ancestors. I am of African descent, an African who comes from Africans who were taken from the MotherLand and enslaved here in America. Our experience here has been a very hard and interesting one but that doesnt change the fact from who we're originally are. Our history as peoples of African descent goes way beyond the plantation days.
And as for those of African and other descent, what would you suggest?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back