Black People : Why I Praise This Man

lilpea

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 8, 2005
(G.I.)- Better known as Gary,In.
Occupation
retired
OK Why do I Praise This Man...

First of all let me tell u why I started this thread...it is in response to brother Afru Shukuwr post in the Michael Jackson: 1958 - 2009 thread. Please brother I want to help you understand what your asked about in that thread. You asked why all the... sorry I don't have the will to go through the process of quoting you like normal...so please understand this is form the heart not a book or some article in the paper. First of all I will use this site to explain the feeling a lot of folk are feeling....

Now let your mind just expand for a minute so we'll say just by accident you make a friend here. Someone you became really close to. And in some way that person really touched you. Over the course of time you really got to know that person.. what made him tic. Now believe it or not that has happen here. We have had a Memorial for him here. And he really affected alot of folk here. Now no we didn't know all there was about him. But what we did know we loved.

Now multiply that by millions or billions you tell me what you have.. no we don't need the media to play out our feelings for us.... but gosh I would be really ticked off if they didn't. The feelings in his music just can not be ignored and the rest of the planet bears witness to that... forget about the person the music speaks for itself..and that is what the rest of the planet feels.

For me what I see and feel is a group of brother willing to share. Willing to take my younger brother under their wing and teach him. And for that I will always be grateful. As kids we shared just like we Brothers and Sisters here share. I hope this helps you in some way.

Lilpea :1on1:

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A QUINCY FAN......SINCE THE DAYS OF SANFORD & SON...

SO LOVING THE MUSIC MICHAEL SANG TO WAS NEVER A PROBLEM.....BUT KNOWING THAT QUINCY PRODUCED IT MADE IT THAT MORE SPECIAL....

I NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY MICHAEL DIDN'T GO BACK TO QUINCY , HIS MUSIC ALONG WITH ROD TEMPERTON'S LYRICS , THEN ADD MICHAEL'S VOICE.......AND BOOM , INSTANT CLASSIC HIT.....

I ALWAYS FELT THAT TAMIA'S DEBUT HIT " YOU PUT A MOVE ON MY HEART " , WOULD HAVE BEEN THE PERFECT COMEBACK SONG FOR MICHAEL , AND IT WAS OBVIOUS QUINCY HAD BEEN SITTING ON IT A LONG TIME , BUT THAT SONG ALONE PROVES TWO THINGS TO ME :

1 QUINCY HAS A WHOLE VAULT OF HITS , WAITING TO BE HEARD
2 GIVING MICHAEL THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT , HE MUST HAD BEEN
WAITING ON THE RIGHT TIME.....

WHEN IT COMES TO HONORING THE MUSIC , NOT A PROBLEM HERE.....MY HAT IS OFF TO ALL THREE...QUINCY , MICHAEL , & ROD.....

WARRIOR

you would have had to have been there when the jackson 5 busted on the scene to watch all the black families suddenly pull together trying to do family bands!!

if for nothing else, this has to have been the biggest impact that that family had on black america: families pulling together tighter! (and we was already tight like today can only dream about!!)

to paraphrase his sister; what has who done for us late_ly?

Peace to The Man, his Family and his fans!

(wasn't their first appearance on the ed sullivan show? ... or do i just want first appearances from that era to have always been on that show? lol)

[oh! did something finally catch up? :SuN049: <grin>]

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back