Black People : Why He Hates You

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
WHY HE HATES YOU
THE BOOK THAT WILL FOREVER CHANGE THE CONVERSATION ABOUT BLACK AMERICA…

Black Men and Boys are angry…Why? Because they have been forced to repress and bury deep in a place never discussed a burning and fiery angst towards their parents. Stated simply, they HATE their parents. Janks Morton in his semi-autobiographical work tackles head on the taboo subject of maternal resentment in the African American community.

Why specifically maternal resentment? A generation of young black children have been raised exclusively by single-mothers. Morton acknowledges while that some of these children’s antipathy may be directed towards the non-residential fathers, predominantly the object and the focus of a young black boy’s rage is directed squarely at the person responsible for their guidance, their direction, their socialization, their joy and their pain. Their primary care givers and providers – their Mothers.

Morton’s narrative of searing personal stories offers a pathway to a larger conversation that for far too long has been held sacred… Morton’s talking truth describes the traumas young boy’s experiences with angst-creating parental techniques such as negotiation, manipulation, and castigation.
Parental approaches that are too often utilized in the single parent home and are the well springs to the seas of resentment.

The Author’s hope is through sharing intimate and personal details from his own life, readers can begin to acknowledge the unresolved, unreconciled, and unrecognized parental resentments that can debilitate and shackle their lives. Morton’s personal stories shake loose those things unremembered, and unrecalled to help readers understand the power of forgiveness in order to walk the path towards restoration.

http://whatblackmenthink.com/?page_id=1719

why i hate you

why give any air time to such divisive mess?? and the triteness of "well, we need to face our demons" falls as flat as them demmed tattoos (mark of the beast)and that cellophane hair style (self hate).

i do wish there were something more of growth and substance here that i could feel like participating in rather than only having more and more disgusting silliness to puke over ... sadly however, this experience coupled with what i get out here in the rWorld, makes me absolutely cringe to consider seeking out something different/"better".

maybe one of these millennium "those people formerly known as Africans" will decide they've had enough and grow up to be about something ... ... besides agents for their slave masters ... or weak blind dumb "religionists" ...

Sigh

why give any air time to such divisive mess?? and the triteness of "well, we need to face our demons" falls as flat as them demmed tattoos (mark of the beast)and that cellophane hair style (self hate).

i do wish there were something more of growth and substance here that i could feel like participating in rather than only having more and more disgusting silliness to puke over ... sadly however, this experience coupled with what i get out here in the rWorld, makes me absolutely cringe to consider seeking out something different/"better".

maybe one of these millennium "those people formerly known as Africans" will decide they've had enough and grow up to be about something ... ... besides agents for their slave masters ... or weak blind dumb "religionists" ...

Actually, this is an example of posing a skewed point of view for some agenda. The actual documentary is quite balanced. It deals with a lot of lies, myths, and stereotypes brothers have suffered thru the decades to put them down. It shows the source and the truth that refutes them. For example, the lie that there are more brothers in prison than in universities/colleges

So, in short, dont judge by this poor portrayal

:em0200:

Actually, this is an example of posing a skewed point of view for some agenda. The actual documentary is quite balanced. It deals with a lot of lies, myths, and stereotypes brothers have suffered thru the decades to put them down. It shows the source and the truth that refutes them. For example, the lie that there are more brothers in prison than in universities/colleges

So, in short, dont judge by this poor portrayal

Yes, This man, Janks Morton, is the same person who made the DOCUMENTARY "What Black Men Think.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=668915#post668915

And, yes, Mr. Morton shattered that prison/college stereotype and many others in "What Black Men Think."

"Why He Hates You" is a BOOK written by Mr. Morton.

I have not read this book myself, but I would imagine that Mr. Morton is not speaking of ALL Black men nor ALL Black men who were raised by single mothers.

But I would also imagine that there are SOME to whom this book does apply.

Yes, This man, Janks Morton, is the same person who made the DOCUMENTARY "What Black Men Think.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=668915#post668915

And, yes, Mr. Morton shattered that prison/college stereotype and many others in "What Black Men Think."

"Why He Hates You" is a BOOK written by Mr. Morton.

I have not read this book myself, but I would imagine that Mr. Morton is not speaking of ALL Black men nor ALL Black men who were raised by single mothers.

But I would also imagine that there are SOME to whom this book does apply.

:10500:.o0( Wondering why you would comment on something you havent read? )

:bully:

:em0200:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back