Black Poetry : Why Have You Forsaken Me?

Amun-Ra

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
What man lets his son suffer
when he is able to give relief?
What man wouldn't change the world
to save his child of his belief?

Uplift a man who loves another as his own,
as only an open heart recognizes kinship in humanity,
while lesser spirits claim paternity walk away
the loving father is filled with responsibility.

Perhaps Joseph was the better man
taking in an already pregnant woman
and then raising her son as his own
while the child's father had other plans.

By twelve, that child knew he had to be about his Father's bidness, Ra.... at the garden, he said to his Dad, "let this cup pass from me, but not my will, but Thine".

It is hard for us to bow down and accept that there are things we don't understand, yet accept by faith any way. It's almost outrageous to think that soon and very soon we will understand it better by and by... But I've read where the "foolishness" of God will confound us. And in the end, "salvation" won't be for everybody...cuz everybody won't believe it.

You always provoke my Judeo-Christian mental.... and I love you all the more, for it. Gives me this opportunity to rehearse my lines on ya. :heart:

a

I Knew You Would

When I wrote this, I knew you would respond--you know it is my way not t let this subject skip past without questioning it--perhaps Joseph was the better man, he did what he needed to do to ensure that it all took place--or, was it not necessary in the first place--even the acknowledgement that his own father has forsaken him is damaging--it is a point to consider--why would a parent do that?

Ra

;)

:)

If we follow the story to its conclusion.... The Son and the Father are together... and have been, since the foundation of this world. There was a Plan; and if we believe and hold fast... we'll be able to go beyond the veil and see for ourselves... that the ultimate sacrifice was cheap enough.

But that's only if you want to have faith in what you can't see or understand. Only then.

:heart:

:)

Ah WE

I started not to debate it, but I said--what the heck--it is something I enjoy.

Yes--they spoke of "we", but "we" is who messed up in the first place and later required a blood sacrifice. "We" created man in their image and then did such a bad job that they had to destroy the world once and then came back and still didn't have it right. So, "we" needed a sacrifice. "We" decided our son would make it right. "We"allowed our son to be killed.

Instead of fixing the mistake, "we" compounded it by acting as if "we" had no power, which by requiring a human being to save the world admitted to having no power to fix it, or Jesus was not human, and in that case he was a supernatural being and should have been able to do it himself.

Either way "we" put it, falling back on "we cannot understand the ways of God" avoids the issue. God allowed his only son to be tortured and misused for a sin that God was responsible for in the first place by making imperfect creations. Surely an omniscient being knew that man was imperfect. Wouldn't an all powerful, all knowing God know he created an imperfect man?

"We" can quote scripture and dredge up "it is beyond our understanding" but it does not answer the question. Here's a quote I thought you might find amusing. "Away with these atheists."--Colosseum crowd chant, ancient Rome, prior to throwing the Christians to the lions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back