Black People : Why Have Confidence in a System That Enslaved Us?

WHY...

WHY "LIVE" IN A SYSTEM THAT HAS ENSLAVED US???

Sha'iyn ... your question is a hard one and probably hits to the core of every other descendant of enslaved Africans, as it does mine.

I do not know the answer. I have never seriously thought about leaving.

My initial question in this thread is a much easier one to answer, especially for those who do not have any confidence in this political system ... we can just say that ... but your question ... makes mine look like child's play.

We have heard the stories of our enslaved Ancestors, initially being freed and returning back to the plantation voluntarily. We've heard those stories and probably said inside ourselves, not me, i would not do that! But that is exactly what we are doing, by remaining in a country that brutally enslaved, killed, raped, treated horrifically our Ancestors.

In a more real time example, it's like going back to an abusive relationship.

We are all sort of in an abusive relationship, by choosing to remain with this abuser of ours.

I've heard stories of such choices turning out good, the abuser changes and becomes loving, but it is the rare exception and much pain had to be endured before getting there.

It's a good and hard question. I've seen it asked in others ways ... back to Africa ... etc.

But running across your old post has put it in a different light for me.

I would never recommend a person remaining with their abuser ... but i'm doing it .. i think.

Psychological warfare ... whew ... what say you all?

:heart:

Destee

Thinking out loud now Family ...

Mr. Neely Fuller Jr says that racism white supremacy is a global business, worldwide.

There is no where that you can go to escape it.

Those aren't his exact words, but it's the point ... we cannot run from it.

Do you think that is true?

Is there a place on earth where racism white supremacy does not reach?

The above may not absolve me from remaining with my abuser ... but it may shed light.

Destee

I'm thinking on this, obviously, and there's more reason not to leave.

1. our Ancestors' blood is in this soil

2. this country belongs as much to us as to any

3. without the free labor of our Ancestors america would not be what it is

4. our Ancestors stayed, under more harsh circumstance than we face

5. if they could do it, get us from there to here, we can do the same for those coming behind us

Destee

Thinking out loud now Family ...

Mr. Neely Fuller Jr says that racism white supremacy is a global business, worldwide.

There is no where that you can go to escape it.

Those aren't his exact words, but it's the point ... we cannot run from it.

Do you think that is true?

Is there a place on earth where racism white supremacy does not reach?

The above may not absolve me from remaining with my abuser ... but it may shed light.

Destee

I think it is true.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back