Black People : Why Have Confidence in a System That Enslaved Us?

Mr Ron,

I can understand the logic and rationale for your stance; it's not complicated - due to several legislative actions, coupled with the current climate at the time, the political system is not the same. I understand that, but I beg to differ at an essential level. Let's imagine a car, if you will. Your car has been causing you problems. You take it to a mechanic and he says your fuel injector is shot. You change your fuel injector. Did you get a new car? The United States made a few tweaks to the Constitution, passed new legislation and incorporated those outside the scope of citizenship as new members. The same two-party system, comprising of Republicans (formerly Whigs) and Democrats, remained intact. What changed in the political system besides the focus?

Blackbird

Thanks for your reply black bird. You asked what has changed with the political system, since slavery, other than the focus, is that correct? You've answered your own question. It is the focus that has changed. Why does it matter if we have a two party system or something different. Members of the same parties don't even agree on politics. So essentially it's not just a two party system. I'm an independent, and will vote for whomever represents my interest If you listen to this guy Ron Paul, what party does he really belong to. He's really a radical.

I think the question was asking why should we trust the same system that enslaved us? My answer was that it is not the same system. The system we have now has different cabinet members to handle affairs that were not even issues during slavery. Foreign affairs were not even important to us then. We (black folk) are now included in the system, where as we were not before.

Throwing slavery into the argument makes it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about politics, because when it comes to some black folks, they will not allow the discussion to progress beyond that subject. Then the conversation is about the politics of slavery. I, like Sen. Obama, try not to discuss slavery, because it is not relevant today.

To answer... there is no reason to have "confidence" in the system that enslaved us.

mrron said:
Thanks for your reply black bird. You asked what has changed with the political system, since slavery, other than the focus, is that correct? You've answered your own question. It is the focus that has changed. Why does it matter if we have a two party system or something different. Members of the same parties don't even agree on politics. So essentially it's not just a two party system. I'm an independent, and will vote for whomever represents my interest If you listen to this guy Ron Paul, what party does he really belong to. He's really a radical.

I think the question was asking why should we trust the same system that enslaved us? My answer was that it is not the same system. The system we have now has different cabinet members to handle affairs that were not even issues during slavery. Foreign affairs were not even important to us then. We (black folk) are now included in the system, where as we were not before.

Throwing slavery into the argument makes it's impossible to have an intelligent discussion about politics, because when it comes to some black folks, they will not allow the discussion to progress beyond that subject. Then the conversation is about the politics of slavery. I, like Sen. Obama, try not to discuss slavery, because it is not relevant today.

With that said...

This IS the same system. A so-called multiparty "democracy".

It like a chess game. Because you change some rules or move the pieces around the game is still the same.

It seems to many have lost sight of the fact that there were FREE BLACK PEOPLE before the Lincoln administration. It was FREE Blacks that helped to "Colonize" Liberia and Sierra Leone.

Just as Black are used to service in the interest of American imperialism today.

You say foreign affairs was not important then. That is a LIE.

Foreign affairs was important in the entire nation building process. The revolutionary wars, Barbary Wars, Spanish American, French Indian, War of 1812, all which predated the civil war were about American expansionism, and whether you recognize it or not Black people fought for the interests of american imperialism in each and every war.

Remember Crispus Attacks?

Or Martin Delaney?

Or the Louisiana Native Guard?

That is the problem with some folks. I dont dwell on slavery but lets then deal with the aftermath instead. Starting with the Black Codes, Jim Crow laws and the failure of the Radical Reconstruction.

All which played a role in the lack of opportunity an segregated social structure which has not been TOTALLY repaired.

I wont even discuss slavery. Instead I will deal with the FAILURE of "emancipation".

Oh, but thats right. A few "tokens" have made it and "gotten over" and now wanna speak for the MASSES who have been systematically shut out and fom the underclass of this society and economic system.

The FACT is, capitalism dont even work for MOST WHITE PEOPLE who are "wage-slave" laborers. So how are black folks FREE?!

Why do ya think so many of them white folks gonna vote for CHANGE?

Because they KNOW they aint fre.e..but here you are to convince us that we ARE!

plz....

Note: and before you make another false assumption I have sold more than a half mil in real estate the last two years alone...

and over 120k in income while barely working for the "system"...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back