Pan-Africanism : WHY HAS PAN AFRICANISM FAILED TO DELIVER

Sekhemu said:
This is in part the problem, DENIAL.

Oh I see, all these problems are because of black males? gotcha! Nevermind the fact that the over-whelming majority of black people do not find themselves in this predicament, or the fact that the one's who do are doing it for what? women and a "rep.

agreed! however in light of the alarming rate of STD's among teenage girls, I would have to say some mothers have done no better job with their daughters than fathers have with their sons.

This is where the black male preacher has failed miserably for the last 25 years. Why are so few black males going to church? Maybe it's because our boys know that there is a fine line between preacher and pimp.

My father isn't a pimp, he is a preacher, don't get it twisted.

omowalejabali said:
The Pan African movement was largely anti-Colonial and now there does not seem to be much collective effort in eradicating neo-colonialism as crisis has become more localized.

Today i belive pan africanism has change in to a economic activity.

It is in this area of economic activity that Pan-African integration has promised and disappointed in equally large measure.

What i don't understand is what does Pan-Africanism stand for today ?
It looks like everyone has they own definition of what it stand for or what it should stand for

On the continent and in the diaspora the definition of Pan-Africanism is therefore the subject of a new contestation. Will it be for the people or at their expense?

Pan-Africanist orientation has to adjust with changing times.

Although many of you may clam to be Pan-Africanist, We still have a lack of Pan-Africanist solidarity.

We have not been able to organize a sense of direction from inside using our own intellectual resources and our own sense of destiny, of history.

It is a lack of organization of pan africanist that has left African unity a theme
since 1900 and has continued to be the theme of countless meetings and conferences organized by the OAU and other bodies.

Africa and Africans are very far from the goal of unity, Not only is Africa very far from unity on any front, it is today the most marginal, the most oppressed, the most exploited, the most poverty-stricken, the most debt-ridden, the most unstable, and the most denigrated continent in the world. Africa has more than half of the world's refugees, and it is the least industrialized of all the developing regions

Lets stop talking like we have moved forward.
PAN AFRICANISM today has nothing to show for,Africa is still Oppression, criminal human rights abuses, the lack of opportunities, discrimination on the basis of ethnic, racial, regional and religious considerations, ruthless exploitation of the already impoverished, wars, instability, corruption, maniacal leadership, illiteracy, dilapidated institutions, roads full of pot holes, hunger, disease, and disillusionment characterize the African socio-political landscape.

lets start asking if pan africanism can solve this problems, and if so were will it start and how will it deal with them ?

It's a war everytime you two step in the forum. I wonder if another Malcolm X would even be as effective nowadays as he was back then? At one time the bow and arrow was an effective weapon? Even as effective as the gun is today. But, I'm pretty sure if you were to go into war these days with those same 'ol tools that were effective for their time you would be out done.

I think the reason is simple...different agendas, which makes any movement fail to live up to its potential. Personally I believe PanAfricanism can solve much of not all the problems facing black people in the Diaspora. However for this to happen the most basic aspect of PanAfricanism: cultural connection has to occur first. There are still too many black people in Africa alone (not even including the rest of the Diaspora), who feel were are too far apart to work together. When black people can start putting ethnic differences and national origin aside...then we can start building effective political-economic alliances. Then and only then will the potential of PanAfricanism be realized.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back